September 23, 2014 | 1056 users online

Foundations - Wet 'n' Wild - Ultimate Cover Smooth Foundation

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2005 6:51:00 PM More reviews by wkr1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So far I am impressed with the this foundation! I have had moderate acne for 22 years and have to be very, very careful about what I put on my face. Other than colored water (!), it seems like every foundation out there contains oil that clogs my pores. I looked at the ingrediants in this carefully and it does contain natural oils, but so far they have not caused me to break out, and I even got a compliment on how great my skin looked. The $3 price tag on it doesn't hurt either. Expensive stuff - eat your heart out!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2005 2:15:00 PM More reviews by BlueRed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't like this at all. It really gathered in my wrinkles (as opposed to the sheer moisturizer, which I like!) and it smelled like Noxzema!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2005 2:39:00 AM More reviews by tricky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like... This comes in nice (for wnw) glass rectangular bottle with a silver lid and promises skin tightening, healthy looking skin, and it enriched with botanicals including eucalyptus, camphor, and cucumber extracts.But we all know about cosmetics 'promises'. I got the shade Golden/ Dore, which matches my nc 44- 45 skin perfectly. First thing I noticed was the STRONG medicinal smell, but I like it although it is unusual and maybe a bit off. The foundation is quite thick for a liquid so it really needs to get shaken well, and the mouth of the container is small so very small amounts come out, which you'll need. However, this surprised me with its coverage which is medium to full and gives a nice glowy but somewhat matte finish. However, steer clear if you've got sensitive or perhaps acne prone skin. Only 2.99 though to me worth much more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2005 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Julesbait

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My quest to try cheap foundations brought me to Wet & Wild Ultimate Cover. Doesn't get much cheaper than this...$2.99!! The color selection is very limited, only about 6 shades that I saw at CVS. I picked this up in Naked, and it went on a tad too light, but after a while it seemed to blend in okay. It's harder than hell to get it out of the bottle, the mouth is so tiny and the foundation sort of thick. (Come on, W&W...it's not like we have to worry about wasting the stuff. It's $2.99!! for the love of Mike!) It goes on okay, seems to dry rather quickly so you need to blend quickly. The finish of this stuff surprised me...matte, but not chalky matte. Pretty decent coverage. And it wore pretty well, too! I have mega-oily skin, and while I did have breakthrough shine after a few hours (which I do with most foundations anyway), the makeup stayed on most of the day. Impressive for a (can I say it again?) $2.99!!! foundation. However, there's a major downfall for me with this stuff: THE SMELL!! It stinks to high heaven, like eucalyptus soaked in paint thinner. And it doesn't go away anytime soon after application. That alone is enough to not make me want to repurchase this. Too bad. I could get used to paying $2.99!!! for a foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2005 11:32:00 AM More reviews by italianfhchic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried many different foundations and although I have pretty good skin (I'm 15. I haven't found a foundation I actually plan on sticking with. I was in the store today and picked up the Ultimate Smooth Foundation and decided to try it, afterall it's only $2.99. The first thing I noticed was that it blended well with my skin tone (I'm Italian and recently got back from a vacation so I do have a good tan). Secondly, I love the fresh smell that is almost minty. So far, I've had it on for a few hours and no complaints yet!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2005 6:41:00 PM More reviews by smrtblnd

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm always trying different foundations especially at the change of seasons. My skin has been acting up lately and spotted this promising great cover and also good for skin.
The color selections weren't the best..only about 5. I settled on Cafe that is a medium beige, not as dark as it sounds, but a good color for my skin that picks up a bit of color from spring on. This stuff covers great, feels wonderful and lasts all day without caking or turning orange. Makes my skin glow.I love the fresh smell. Its minty and clean, has botanicals, vitamin E & A, eucalyptus oil, and cucumber extract.
The only thing I didn't like is the product is hard to get out of the opening, gotta really shake it up, but hey for $2.99 I can't complain
You have to try this