October 1, 2014 | 1567 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Lottieslee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Amazing product helped my skin so much and lasts for weeks. Value for money.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Ju1i9

I went through around 3 pots of this earlier this year & I loved it. The problem is I'm very fickle with products & I change what I use all the time. There's so much out on the market to try :')
However I am now back to using this & have vowed never to stray again. Nothing makes my skin nicer than this product.

I have extremely spot prone skin, mostly around my chin, mouth & jawline & sometimes my cheeks but that's only if the breakout is particularly severe which thankfully is not often. I do seem to have at least one or two spots on my skin at any given time though with maybe a week at most of clear skin if I'm lucky.
As well as "active" spots I have slight red "scarring" on the sides of my cheeks from blemishes that never fully healed or went away. They aren't a big issue as they are flat & foundation covers them with ease but I'd love for them to get lost!!

As well as spots I have very slight oiliness on my t zone (I had awfully oily skin as a teenager but now it's a lot less so) & normal cheeks.
In terms of skin tone, I'd say it was uneven & prone to redness especially my nose.

When I first decided to get a Lush cleanser I was torn over whether or not get this one. It is not designed for my skin type and I wear make up pretty much all the time and this is designed for bare skin (hence the name) however I eventually chose this one but I can't remember what made me make that decision? Possibly all the good reviews on the site? Whatever I'm glad I did!

It's a solid earthy pale green cleanser in a small black tub with a screw on lid. All the tubs I have bought have been packed to brim with a ton of product. They cram an awful lot into the small package so don't be put off by the small tub. It has a crumbly texture and slightly dry appearance but it is actually rather moist to the touch.

I break a small amount off (with dry hands!!) wet it with a little water & massage directly onto my wet face. I really rub the product in for a good minute or so before rinsing.
It may be important to note that I only wash my face once a day, at night before bed & have done for a while. If you wash twice then it won't last as long as it does for me.

It took a while to get used to it not having a lather. For some reason I felt my skin wasn't being cleaned because it wasn't lathering. But once I rinse and dry my skin feels so soft and calm and clean. Very, very clean.
Also I remove my makeup with a face wipe! I would have to cleanse with this twice to feel like all of my makeup had been removed, this would mean it being used up twice as fast which I didn't want!
I really don't mind using a wipe anyways but if you do mind the extra step in your routine then be warned. This won't remove make up that well on its own! And to be fair the product doesn't claim it will.

It doesn't make any spot fighting claims either but this stuff shrinks my spots like no other!! The scars I have had on my jawline for months now are starting to fade very quickly and when I began using this again I was suffering from the worst breakout in a while. Sore, angry spots on my chin, upper lip, jawline and cheek. It's been around a week and I have only 2 spots left and they are close to disappearing also!

Scent wise it's very lavender. I love lavender and I love this products soft gentle scent. It's something to bear in mind if you don't however.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by jessicaalynnexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For whatever reason, I was very doubtful of LUSH skincare products. I just assumed they wouldn't do much in the way of cleansing (as natural products tend to do). I know it's best to wait a week and see how a cleanser reacts with my skin before posting a review, but I was just so impressed with this cleanser. It cleans without stripping and leaves my skin baby soft. Loved it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG HG HG because it's gentle, effective, makes my skin feel incredibly soft, smells great, and it's not too expensive.

This has minimal and all natural ingredients which I love.

The packaging is so bad and ugly!

A lot of my friends say this makes them feel greasy but I don't agree at all. I love love love this! BTW, It washes off very well

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Lhicksbeach

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hydrating and non-irritating on my skin. One of my favorite cleansers for taking off heavy duty makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Lumilintu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

My husband has very sensitive skin and breaks out easily, so I've been on a bit of a hunt to find something that works well for him, and keeps working well. His face tolerates more exfoliating than mine, but is very ingredient-sensitive. The dry areas on my combination skin get dried out very badly from most face cleansers/scrubs/etc. and I occastionally get flares of eczema that get pretty product sensitive.

We've found something that works very well for us both. Gentle exfoliation, mild scent, non-irritating and effective. We use this at night, and Fresh Farmacy in the morning.

We recently had to go without it for about a week and a half, and we missed it. We have been using it for close to 3 months now, and we are very, very satisfied. This product has outperformed multiple other scrubs and cleansers, and has allowed my husband to have clear skin for the longest stretch of time since I've known him.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2013 5:30:00 AM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There's a reason this is one of the top sellers of LUSH products!

I love the scent, lavender is what I smell most. And I love the fact that it's gentle yet exfoliating. It's perfect for daily use. It doesn't remove any of my makeup though, so I need to use a makeup remover first.
This calms my skin and helps with redness, and seems to help with pimple prevention.
It's not overly cheap though, and it doesn't have the longest expiry date so make sure you check the date before you purchase.
I'm not a major fan of the tub because it might get contaminated dipping fingers in but I don't think there's any other way you could store this product. It's too think for a pump or tube.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a fantastic product. It's my HG exfoliator because it's gentle, effective, makes my skin feel incredibly soft, smells great, and it's not too expensive. I love how Lush use minimum preservatives and maximum natural, good quality ingredients. The packaging is awful, like people say, but it shows that you're paying for the actual product. I don't find that it makes my face feel greasy - it doesn't give that squeaky clean feeling but that's why it's good because it makes the face feel silky soft. I also find that when I pat my face dry with a towel after rinsing, it feels fine, and maybe people are overlooking this because of being put off by how unsqeaky clean their face feels immediately after rinsing. I have oily skin and this isn't greasy on me - just balancing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing. I have really sensitive skin, and rosacea. This stuff is easy and quick to use, and calms my skin immediately. All you need is a tiny pinch (I actually use a dental floss pick to pinch off the product). Wet your whole face and mix the product into a paste, and massage it into your skin. All I have to say is make sure you wash every last bit off because any part that doesnt get washed off could make your skin itchy. This stuff made my skin feel so clean and soft; like nothing else!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Helen1415

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I honestly thought this product was going to work for me, but it hasn't done anything to my skin. I don't mind the smell,and it's a unique cleansers. However, I read so many good reviews, so I was looking forward to use it, I've had it for about 2 weeks and seen no improvement, i have such sensitive skin so I'm happy it didn't irritate it. I was hoping for it to get rid of my spots but it didn't. disappointed:(