September 30, 2014 | 1171 users online

Fragrances - Yves Saint Laurent - Nu

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2005 11:25:00 PM More reviews by louanandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This frangrance is definately one of my faves - i've got olive skin, and it just seems to suit me perfectly, while my friend who's quite fair it doesn't suit her at all. It's strong, sexy and exotic - not a fragrance for the faint- hearted!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2004 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Codeblue

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really, really, really wanted to like this one. It just doesn't settle right on me and eventually gets on my nerves. After the drydown, all I can pick up is the cardamom note, the other notes politely exiting after a brief visit.

On me, it's masculine, reminding me of a freshly showered guy who immediately goes out to do some sweat-inducing work. The freshness of the shower lingers as the sweat breaks out onto clean skin. I know, this just doesn't make sense but it's all I can think of as a comparison. Fresh B.O. on clean skin.

I do love its hockey puck packaging, though. Cute and inventive yet also very masculine. Wish I could like the rest of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2004 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Note

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Everything is perfect about Nu, for me...I ended up with both the EDT and EDP, so I can compare. The EDT has jasmine and orchid, while the EDP has only orchid, and I far prefer the EDP. If you want it to end up heady floral, get the EDT. If you want to maintain the spice and heat for as long as possible, get the EDP. Marshall's, it's cheap right now!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2004 11:09:00 AM More reviews by vampsandtramps

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like deeper, spicy perfumes but something about Nu just doesn't mix with me. The initial burst is overwhelmingly spicy, with incense and pepper. But then as this mellows out, the heart of the fragrance is too floral for me, like a bouquet of flowers. Worth trying though. It's soft and everything blends well together.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2004 11:14:00 PM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

With Nu, I get a blast of Mentholatum followed by a cinnamon, pipe tobacco and sawdust drydown. Very, very strange.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2004 8:57:00 PM More reviews by jes1

HMMMM. Not an offensive scent. Went on way too masculine. Faded to a very spicy, cologne like scent, and finally into sort of a musky vanilla. Weird. Unfortunately I am not willing to wait four hours for my perfume to smell good. Especially when the final stage is a ho hum vanilla. This might smell nice on someone else, but not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2004 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Dahlia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of the most beautiful winter fragrances I can imagine. Not a trace of sticky flowers or a sickening fruits. Only wood, pepper, herbs...lovely! And the packaging is great. I adore Nu, and I think that if it works with someone's body chemistry it's the perfect second skin:-)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2004 1:30:00 PM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Another dark and dull, woody fragrance (with a strong masculine touch) that I don't like. Very strong smoky-frankincense notes. EDT is IMO much better (more transparent) than EDP.
2 lippies for EDP, 3 lippies for EDT.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2004 8:13:00 PM More reviews by lindsey835

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Much too woody and masculine for my taste.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2004 12:58:00 PM More reviews by thierriea

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The only YSL'S perfume that I like. Mysterious, woody and different, I really love it.