MAC Frost - Vex

4.4

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol Eye Shadows may contain: Silica, Mice, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Blue 1 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Yello 5 Lake

on 2/19/2011 7:20:00 PM

Not much to be said about Vex that hasn't already been said! Beautiful colour, works with many colours. Texture is velvety and smooth, and lasting power is of course very good. Nice pigmentation. As another reviewer mentioned, it's a great way to add a little something extra to a neutral eye; I could see this being beautiful on any skintone.

Some of my favourite applications of Vex:
- Sheer layer of Vex overtop of Club, or vice versa (or of course using either one in the crease/on the lid)
- Vex on the lid, Sketch in the crease (Cranberry or Blackberry work nicely too)
- I've made a nice eye with Vex and Steamy as well, for those who are a little more adventurous with bluey-greens! I put a sheer layer of Steamy on the lid, and put a wash of Vex overtop
- And of course, Vex makes a gorgeous highlight

Wonderful, unique colour. I will definitely repurchase.

on 2/19/2011 12:07:00 PM

One of my favourite eyeshadow.I think it is a unique and beautiful colour.Blends like a dream.Texture is very smooth and soft.Would recommend to anyone and will be repuchasing it myself.
www.rebekasbeautyworld.blogspot.com

on 2/18/2011 7:55:00 AM

another all time fav from mac shadows.i love iridescent colors,and this one is really pretty.it can be paired with every shade.but i mostly i use it alone.when i am not in the mood for spending time on a serious eye make up,i cover my eyelid and tear duck with it,then blend with 217,and smudge my eye pencil.it instantly brightens my eyes.and since it is not a boring neutral shade,it gives some pop to your make up
either.i also love layering vex over black eyeliner,as every iridescent color does,it instantly creates a new color from your usual dark one.it has a good quality,pigmented and blends easily.this is one of the rare shadows that someday i will hit the pan and buy again

on 12/31/2010 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I had Vex years ago and I loved it. I kinda forgot about it and rediscoverd it. I still love it, it's very unique. I wear a lot of neutrals, but I get sick of them, and Vex helps me break away! Love it.

on 12/27/2010 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

My favorite MAC eyeshadow. I love putting this all over the lid - it just instantly brightens my eyes. This is the perfect neutral eyeshadow that gives you a bit of an OMMPH or a POP of color. It has a bit of a pinky, silvery, golden, taupey -greenish dimension - all in all a range of different colors. The color of this eyeshadow sort of shifts/changes depending on what its paired with. Its really unique and is a must have, I am just so grateful that it is a permanent. I feel like you can use a lot of crease colors with this e/s, its just so versatile. Best part? It doesn't crease and lasts longer than most MAC eyeshadows.
I love pairing this with Patina,Satin Taupe, or Mulch on the crease and with Shroom as a highlight - my go-to eyeshadow look!

on 12/27/2010 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I am so in LOVE with this shadow it's not even funny. It's by far my favorite go-to lid color for everyday. I feel like I can pair this with any crease color and it will look amazing. It looks AMAZING with copperplate in the crease and a dark matte shade in the outer v. I'm gonna try this with Humid in the crease tomorrow and see how it turns out!

on 12/15/2010 10:10:00 AM

a beautiful gray/pink Iridescent shadow. i love using this on my inner corners.

on 11/28/2010 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased Vex because I love MAC's duochrome shadows, of which this is one. But I'm a little disappointed in it. It's not really green, not really silver...but looks more silver than greenish on my eyes. It's just not the greatest colour for me - not really super as a lid colour and not something I'd use as a highlight. I've tried combining it with other shadows, in combos that others have suggested, to make it work a bit better and to use it up. It's not hideous or anything but it's also just sort of "blah" for me and I wouldn't repurchase.

Update - Jan/2011: I've added 1 lippie and changed my "buy again" to "yes" (though "maybe" is probably more accurate since I really like trying new highlight colours). I've been working with Vex and liking it more and more. I find it looks great on the lid and brow bone or as a wash when paired with Shale in the crease/outer v. Today, I'm wearing Vex all on its own (well, overtop of Painterly PP), packed (rather than brushed) on my lid and I keep catching sight of myself and thinking my eyes look so bright and awake (not at all how I feel, I can tell you!). So while I might or might not repurchase (so many shimmery and light colours from MAC to try - Nylon, Ricepaper, Vanilla, Crystal Avalanche...you get my drift), I have really changed my mind about this shadow. I like it much more than on first "exposure".

on 11/26/2010 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I thought I had made a mistake when I bought this eyeshadow, how wrong I was...
I have green/brown eyes, this eyeshadow is now one of my favorites (top 5) and I have tons ! I cannot travel without it !
When I have applied it for the first time it wasn't showing as much as I wanted to, then I have tried with some cream base (like base study from Mac) and it has become my HG for my eyes...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really beautiful color. Like a silvery-white with green and pink shimmer. If you pack it on the lid you have a unique, pigmented lid color, but used has a light highlight or in the inner corner it's just a shimmery white. I also use it to blend colors up to the browbone or blending two colors on the lid. I like to wear it with MAC Club for neutral days. It's straight up pretty to look at in the pan too!