Revlon Nail Enamel

4.2

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Tribenzoin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Propyl Acetate, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Serica ((Silk Powder) Poudre De Soie), Dimethicone, PPG-2 Dimethicone, Triacetin, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Tetrabutyl Phenyl Hydroxybenzoate, Benzophenone-1, Silica Stearalkonium Hectorite, Alumina, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, May Contain [+/-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 6 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 34 Lake (Ci 15880), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Ferric Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Aluminum Powder (Ci 77000), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Carmine (Ci 75470)] 21896

I guess I'm not the world's foremost authority on nail polishes as I don't paint them very often, and when I do I just use drugstore brands (a few in my collection are NYC, Maybelline, Revlon, Sally Hansen) but as of late I've begun to really enjoy painting them. I was looking for another nice Fall color in addition to my favorite red, a metallic burgundy by NYC...maybe a rich brown or deep purple...and today on a whim I picked up this Revlon polish in 903, Hot for Chocolate. It went on smoothly and didn't cake up when I applied multiple layers. It's a gorgeous color: dark brown and very shiny. My other varnishes (especially one I own from the NYC "City Collection") don't apply nearly as smoothly. I'd like to pick it up in a purple color.
I also have this in some various red color (don't recall the name; I got it a long time ago), and the color has changed drastically. It's sort of a dusty red and it's quite dry. They don't age very well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I just wanted to let everyone out there know that this cheap, DS brand is one of the best nail polishes I have EVER used! I cannot believe the quality of this product! Bourjois, Essie, China Glaze, OPI (Sephora and otherwise), Sally Hansen all wish they were this polish. I have minimal chipping when I use this, and the finish just gets better to me as I wear it. I can go a week with no touchups!!!! The colors arent terribly streaky, and the color variety is decent. I was truly surprised at how well this wore, given all the other brands I have tried. This feels worth the money you pay, and I rarely feel that way about NP's-thats I why I usually go after the Sinful polishes at Walgreens which are just cheap & fun after realizing that everything chips and looks crappy after a week. Revlon should be proud of itself for making a great NP!

I have been wantig a green mint color and found it when I was at the Revlon section...I like this product because its about $4 and usually many nail polishes that I wear by the first time I wash dishes it begins to chip off and this one didn't..

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

im not a fan of revlon nail polishes, the colours i've tried are very sheer that usually requires at least three coats. i dont like the brush, it's small and thin, so application could get streaky sometimes, i prefer a thick wide brush like OPI. however they have came out with some of the most gorgeous colours so i think for its cheap price it's worth a try.

I got this product in #721 Raven Red. A perfect blood red color (I've been inspired by the TV series True Blood lately). I was waaaay excited to get this NP, especially since I was on a budget and it was half the price of OPI NPs (what I usually get). However, I was waaaay disappointed in this. It might've been the bottle I got, but it was way runny and for whatever reason couldn't get the right amount on the brush. I either got too much or too little, which made for poor application (it definitely wasn't me, because I used the same technique with my OPI NPs and have never had a problem). I will say that the color is true to what's in the bottle and the formula dries pretty quick which is a little annoying but I appreciate. I will try out another color but if has the same results I will probably not purchase any other Revlon NPs in the future, which is disappointing because I love Revlon products.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Grey suede is a fab colour. It is a natural glossy brown almost the same colour as my skin. It looks great and has not chipped unlike chanel varnish which seem to chip in an hour! Try this colour you will love it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Revlon is my favorite brand for nailpolish. Its a cheaper alternative to OPI, has a great colour selection, applies nicely, and look nice in the bottles (I know thats not important but hey, its a plus)
Personally, i like the more creamy colours without any shimmer or sparkles and they have a lot of different colour choices.

This is a HG nail polish for me. I love the colors Revlon gives, and I love how they tell you if the colors are sheer or not. I truly am going to use Revlon nail enamel for the rest of my life! Walmart has the best price for them and I wore a color for 5 days and it did not chip AT ALL! I was truly amazed. Give them a try, they are worth it! =)

I'm surprised that the overall rating for these polishes isn't higher. I'm not a np junkie (I usually only polish my toenails in the summer, and occasionally polish my fingernails for a special occasion) but I have purchased a few dozen bottles over the years including Revlon, Opi, Avon, Essie and Sally Hansen. I have to say the Revlon shades have the best wear with least chipping. I've personally never had a bad bottle.

I usually apply two coats, which is enough to get the full color that matches the bottle, without streaks or bubbles. I don't use base or top coats, and usually this polish lasts more than two weeks on my toes without chipping, and 4-5 days on my fingertips. Also, the price is good and the Revlon polishes go on sale in various drugstores pretty frequently. I do wish they had more shades especially purples, but they do come out with new colors each season, and for the price the quality is great.

Also, Revlon does not test on animals!

My first Revlon nail colour purchases, #028 Minted and #270 Cherries In The Snow.
Cherries In The Snow, lovely striking dark pink colour on nail. A little darker than the colour on bottle, though. Not watery at all.

Minted(a new shade) is however a little too watery and streaky. Problem solved on second coating. Sort of. Love for light mint green colour makes up for its cons! :)

Would definitely repurchase. Plum Attraction(dark purple) will be my next target!