October 22, 2014 | 2055 users online

Lip Treatments - La Mer - Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 12:32:00 AM More reviews by vvcctt

My favourite lip balm. I bought it in December and I still have more than half the product left. I use it twice daily; once in the morning and once before I go to bed. Most other lip balms give me blackheads, but this one doesn't. Definately worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 8:08:00 AM More reviews by nancyb728

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Let me start off by saying I have tried EVERY lip treatment out there from high end luxury to drugstore searching for the perfect lip balm and I would say this 1 is a great lip balm and the closest I have found yet to the perfect lip balm, its super hydrating and melts into your lips, IF applied correctly and warmed in your fingers before applied to release the "special broth", it is not greasy, and I like the smell/taste. That being said there are cons: first I dont like the lip pot it comes in for sanatary reasons, i also dont like to rub anything in a hands or fingers to release some broth i think its not sanatary and sort of grosses me out lol. and finally the price is INSANE!! for the price I expected miracles and I will say although it is a great lip product I certantly was not blown away knock your socks off amazed. I would go to the La Mer counter and ask one of the sales people their oppinion on it (their going to tell u its the best thing in the world lol) but than ask for a sample maybe they can make u a sample in those little mini clear cotainers like they did for me, try it out see if you like it frist before splurging, if there isnt a la mer near you i would check online about their return policy because I would hate to spend so much and displike a lip treatment, I would however recomend it, and if you dont over do it it lasts a long time

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 3:31:00 AM More reviews by AmbrosiaKisses

I received this as a very generous gift from my boyfriend and at first, I was reluctant to open it and use it. I didn't think it was worth the money for a lip balm and I wanted him to resell it since he couldn't return it. Thankfully, he refused and told me to keep it when I change my mind. Ironically, I was traveling alone and found myself in dire situation where my lips were incredibly chapped and cracked ( due to the below freezing temperatures at my location) and extremely painful. I tried Kiehls and another local brand they sold in that country, but it didn't help. Left with no options, I opened up La Mer and used the balm as a means to relief the dryness and pain. Instantly, I found myself discovering a HG lip product which soothed and healed. Within 3 days, my lips were NO longer red, peeled, swollen or cracked. The texture is a thick and waxy, it absorbs nicely into the lips and seems to work right away. I still think it's overpriced.... but I have to admit its extremely effective and a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2011 8:18:00 AM More reviews by carolinewknight

My HG lip balm. It has a light mint flavour along with a slight minty smell which dissapears after a while. Unlike so many other brands from Boots etc, this one does not feel heavy upon application and does a great job of moisturising my lips. It also lasts for ages (purchased summer 2010 - still a third left) even when used twice a day. It is expensive for a lip balm but in my opinion it's worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2011 5:20:00 AM More reviews by louisvking

This is probably my all time favorite product - not just lip balm - product. I used to live in a state that did not a have a La Mer counter. Consequently, I avoided all of their products because i couldn't see them, try them, (possibly return them if need be...), etc. Finally after seeing this lip balm win award after award in every magazine and sites like Neiman Marcus I decided to order it online.

The two products that I have tried countless quantities of are lip balm and handcream. I was searching for that product that met every single need exactly. I had tried drugstore lip products and multiple department store lip treatments before trying La Mer's. None even slightly compare to La Mer's.

I absolutely LOVE how this product makes my lips feel. I am amazed at how long it lasts after application. It is the only lip treatment that I can put on before bed and still feel like I just applied it in the morning when I wake up.

Some people notice a slight tingling sensation when they apply it. I think I remember feeling that at first (I've used it for too many years to remember), but I no longer do. I love the scent but love even more that it is not overpowering. I can smell it when i open the pot but not really when it is on my lips, which is ideal. This is a luxury lip treatment that will leave your lips feeling fantastic.

I think a lot of people are shocked by the price. Don't let it fool you. I use mine everyday, 1-3 times per day and each pot lasts me months (at least 6). I have tried more expensive lip balms than this too, and still this product beats them all.

PS - I did end up trying La Mer's hand cream after having such great success with their lipbalm. While it was definitely a strong contender, it is not the best I have found to date.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by chrissie99

I'm on my second jar of this and I have to say it is fantastic. I wish it came it a stick form. I don't carry it around with me bc I use a spatula and it's difficult to use when I'm out with the kids and I need a quick fix. That is the only con.
Now for the pros:
-Moisturizes like a treatment vs. a just a lip balm
-moisture lasts all day (or night)
-feels luxurious
-a little goes a long way and one jar lasts quite a long time
Now for the ultimate pro: it has healing qualities!!!! I have had eczema my entire life. I get it all over my body and face especially above my upper lip (up to my nose) and on my hands. When I use my La Mer lip balm, I dab it on my lips and above my upper lip and whatever remains I use on the eczema on my hands. It's a miracle worker! The eczema above my lips is completely gone as well as the eczema on my fingers. I have been searching for something like this my entire life! Now that I've found it, I will never be without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Someone1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great lip balm. Luxurious package, great sweet minty smell, gorgeous texture (just right, not too light, not too heavy), moisturises for a long time and leaves my lips satisfied (which is quite a difficult task). I just wish it wasn't so pricey.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2011 4:55:00 PM More reviews by LianneN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Over priced minty lip balm. If you suffer from dry lips don't bother. It tastes nice, thats it. Vaseline is better! Rather spend money on Elizabeth arden 8 hour cream/ stick or Clinique's repairwear intensive lip treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2011 4:18:00 PM More reviews by beautysnob

It does its job. Lips moist and soft.. what more can I say? :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by edelk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is extremely expensive, actually shamefully expensive at 37 which is why I waited until I had some birthday vouchers to pay for it but I absolutely love this. It is a very elegant silver topped pot and you don't need very much. But I have used a lot of lip balms and this makes your lips so soft that I never have to reapply during the day. It also plumps them up and when I wear this I never wear any lipstick during the day because it looks so nice on its own, it makes your lips look soft, very smooth. I hate to say it but I would re-purchase again (even though I would never admit to anyone that I did) but, have to say, it is ridiculously expensive