mark Instant Vacation

3.7

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

There's no doubt about it that this is a cheap perfume, and has a really alcoholly smell when you first spray it, but I still like it. It dries down to a nice vanilla/jasmine/coconut smell, and it lasts surprisingly long for a cheapie perfume. It's just a nice, pretty smell that's good for summer, or a pick-me-up in the winter. Will repurchase if I can find it!

on 8/18/2005 8:00:00 PM

I am sorry but this perfume screams cheap! Almost immediately I was reminded of my junior high school experiments with drug store perfumes. It reminds of the old popular cheapies Tribe or Exclamation! (20-30 something year-olds you'll remember these) I applied a sample and I couldn't stand it more than a few minutes. I washed it off as soon as I could. I don't like it at all.

on 8/3/2005 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The scent is alright, it is sorta cheap smelling and not the beachy summer scent I expected from reading other reviews. The ingredients mesh strangly imo...instead of getting a sniff and saying 'ahh' i'm woundering what ingredient is missing to make the notes collide better. Maybe the jasmine is overpowering? Anyways i'll probably end up giving my bottle to my 15yr old cousin.

on 8/2/2005 4:46:00 PM

I tried a sample of this and loved it, so I swapped for a full bottle. While overall I do like the fragrance (sweet, tropical fruit and floral, very summery), I probably wouldn't buy this. The fragrance smells very strong and fake to me for the first 30 minutes or so that I'm wearing it but eventually wears down to a softer, prettier smell. I even spray it away from me and just walk through it to try and keep the application delicate. The large bottle will last me a while since I change fragrances day-to-day, but I would probably only swap for another bottle, not purchase one (I know it's inexpensive compared to department store stuff, but I'm still cheap). If you're unsure if you'll like this or not, I would recommend only swapping for it (unless you have the money to spend/waste).

on 8/1/2005 4:35:00 PM

Oh, this is a great cheapie! Others have compared it to Aloha Tiare from CSP. I'm not familiar with that one, so I can't say whether Instant Vacation is dead on or not. I can say that it is a wonderful summer scent, though.

The first thing I noticed in this perfume was the coconut. The coconut blended with the floral notes to give this a very beachy feel. On some of our really hot, humid days, this has been a major mood lifter. It doesn't last as long as I'd like, but it's definitely worth the $15 I spent on it.

on 7/27/2005 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this fragrance, it's nice and light for daytime wear. I think it's pretty coconutty, but my b/f says it smells of white chocolate! I'm not keen on the bottle design, which I think looks a little cheap, but it makes up for it in it's smell and price!

on 7/22/2005 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This smells pleasant, but not what I was expecting from the description. It smells much more floral than I'd like. I wanted a really tropical, beachy fragrance. For $15, it's OK, and I will wear it, but I don't love it.

on 7/21/2005 1:08:00 PM

I have gone through 2 bottles of this. It is the perfect summer scent and it smells just like coconuts. It is light enough to wear anywhere. Everytime I wear this scent I get compliments and everyone wants to get it. If you put this on in the morning it will stay on all day. I cannot say how much I love this product.

This is a perfect summer scent and in the cutest packaging!! i have always love Mark products and this is just another great one! it smells just like an instan vacation.. its a smooth refreshin blend of cocnut and vanilla and smells absolutely great!!

on 7/15/2005 12:50:00 AM

I'm so in love with this. It's literally the first fragrance I have worn regularly. Very beachy and summery. I am on a serious coconut kick right now. I will definately be buying another bottle before it is discontinued (it's limited edition for the summer, I believe)!

Popular Fragrances