July 23, 2014 | 1034 users online

Sunscreen - Clarins - UV PLUS Protective Day Screen SPF 40

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

This sunscreen is exactly the same type as Asian sunscreens. It is watery, smooth to apply, absorbs easily but no lasting power and sweats off/rubs off very easily. It is not waterproof like sunscreens of this type are and is not labelled as such. The PA rating is unspecified so I assume it is at one +. If you have not ventured into Asian cosmetics before, you are paying way too much for a product that can be purchased at about $5-$10. Mentholatum, KOSE and sunplay are brands that have almost identical products, with higher SPF and a +++PA rating as well. While there are definitely occasions that call for this product, I still prefer the shiseido sunscreen cream since I can really feel it working and it lasts and lasts. I struggle to see this work since I never burn and am never out in the sun for long enough to do so. This is great if you are sick of the typical thick textures but you can buy this for $5 at sasa dot com and get the same if not better protection. This is not enough moisture to wear on its own nor does it absorb oil so yet it is another layer on my face when the shiseido does it all.

13 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 10:56:00 PM More reviews by kellybui

so far im loving it. no grease. no white residue...very matte. i think i will stick with this one. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2009 11:07:00 PM More reviews by CathySinMN

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was going through a period of time when I needed to work outside everyday, and of course, I wore sunscreen. The problem was that even though I did not burn from the sun - my skin was red and irritated. After some research, I figured out my skin was reacting to the chemical sunscreen(s) I was using. The sales clerk at Sephora suggested I try Clarins UV Plus, since its a mineral sunscreen and I absolutely love it! It is not greasy, doesn't turn my skin into a white mask, and best of all - does not irritate my skin. I just finished up my first 1 oz. bottle (it lasted 3+ months) and bought the 1.7 oz. size. The new bottle is the *new* formula, which some has said is different - guess I will find out soon!!

LONG STORY SHORT: Love this stuff, not heavy or sticky. Leaves skin with matte finish, but not dry.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2009 10:40:00 AM More reviews by dralim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't believe it took me this long to try this! It's an amazing sunscreen that I apply after moisturising, which leaves my skin nice and smooth. It makes a great base for foundation and doesn't leave my skin oily or cause pimples, like other sunscreens I've tried. It feels very lightweight. The fact that it makes my foundation last longer and work better is a plus! I will definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 6:09:00 PM More reviews by anniemcleod

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Have been using this for about 5 years. I actually like the luminous look from this when it is first applied as it seems to even the complexion but that look doesn't last long. It would seem a little expensive when you simply look at the size of it but you only need a little as it spreads very easily and thinly and just seems to soak into the skin after a while. Perfect size for travelling. The protection is fantastic and reliable. I use this everyday and it lasts 3-4 months. Unfortunatley can't be purchased in Australia (due to higher than permitted levels of titanium dioxide) but is available in New Zealand. When we lived in Australia my husband would get me 1 or 2 bottles on his business trips to NZ - not always available duty free so best to go to a department store.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 12:59:00 PM More reviews by janeerackley

I have quite oily, sensitive skin and this is about the only sunscreen i have tried so far that doesn't irritate or leave my face shiny and greasy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2009 2:15:00 PM More reviews by renemy

Very nice. Its texture is very light, almost like an oil (rather than a cream). However, once you rub it in, it is no longer oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 4:33:00 AM More reviews by teago

This is the best sunscreen Ive ever used on my face, hands down.
I love the smell, its like marshmallows! It is milky and oily when first applied but it sinks in and feels perfect all day.

Ive bought 2 bottles and am on my way to the 3rd. It is very expensive though!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2008 8:40:00 PM More reviews by sayakka

i would give it 5 lippies if not for the scent and the price. i like it because this leaves the least white cast on my face comparing to other ALL physical sunscreen. it's waterproof but not difficult to remove.
i m also amazed at how Clarins can make SPF40 with 8.1% Titanium Dioxide...pretty cool

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2008 3:38:00 PM More reviews by stitchtupgothgrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS!!! After being fed up with all of the high SPF sunscreens, I went into Sephora and asked for the best sunscreen for the face. They quickly grabbed the UV PLUS SPF 40. That was over 5 years ago, and I'm still in love with it! It goes on very lightweight and oil free. This is a great chemical free SPF for sensitive skin!