November 28, 2014 | 1936 users online

Sunscreen - Clarins - UV PLUS Protective Day Screen SPF 40

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Taitinthesylph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

After trying all sorts of sunscreens for my face I finally decided to spend a bit more money than usual to try this product. I'm so glad I did, it's absolutely amazing.
The first thing I noticed was the thin consistency which is unlike pretty much all of the other sunscreens I have tried. It definitely doesn't clog my pore or break me out.
When first applied it looks quite shiny and when I used it for the first time I was a bit worried. However, once it dries it is quite matte and is a perfect base to apply my makeup on.
I have a rather oily t-zone and I don't think I'm any oily than normal, nor does this product dry out my cheeks.
This is a perfect facial sunscreen for me and I'll definitely be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2010 9:53:00 AM More reviews by sadistic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i have been using this this mineral sunscreen for over a year, and i am on my 2nd bottle. compared to all the other sunscreens i have tried, i think this is the best one, especially to wear under your make up. it goes on smoothly and dry. it is a perfect base for your make up and it is not greasy. it doesn't irritate my skin or make it break out or clog my pores.

the only con that i can think of right now is that it turns white when you sweat, so i dont wear this when i exercise, neutrogena's sport face is much better for that!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2010 4:26:00 AM More reviews by IsraelSP21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

THE best sunscreen in the entire market, I've tried them all (Sisley, La Mer, Clinique, Natura Bisse, Jurlique, U NAME IT), This is THE ONE I couldn't live without it, For some reason, every time I use it, it makes my skin look much better, less redness, JUST THE BEST =')

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 10:44:00 AM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well, first off, I tried this on my freshly cleaned but unmoisturized face. I found this product quite thin in consistency, watery. However; it did not readily absorb but seemed to form a thin dry film on my face. I later noted that it's spf of 40 is based on titanium dioxide so this explains the film.
I applied Revlon's Photoready foundation over this and it went on quite smoothly. The Clarins acted sort of like a primer for the foundation. I was actually quite pleased with the results. It gave me a nice matte finish and I went to work and worked for 13 hours before noting that I was now getting some pilling around my nose and on my chin. At that point I simply washed my face and applied a moisturizer.
I give this 3 lippies because it lasted a good 14 hours post application before I had any pilling or problems. I won't give it 4 lippies because I doubt that it (with the very thin consistency) would last as a true sunblock even with the spf of 40. And it doesn't moisturize at all.

Overall, I can't really recommend this very highly priced thin liquid. You can get a similiar product for much less if you want thin consistency and a nice matte finish. As another reviewer said, many Asian products do this at a lesser price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 10:39:00 AM More reviews by xgracexlee

I really do adore this suncream!!!
it is the first cream that does not give me break outs and the consistency really feels natural on my skin.

It is different from all the other oil free sunscreen.. although they are oil free they feel really thick.. (city block clinique and eight hour cream) but i really do like how light this feels on my skin although it is very steep in the pocket. but its well worth it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

This sunscreen is exactly the same type as Asian sunscreens. It is watery, smooth to apply, absorbs easily but no lasting power and sweats off/rubs off very easily. It is not waterproof like sunscreens of this type are and is not labelled as such. The PA rating is unspecified so I assume it is at one +. If you have not ventured into Asian cosmetics before, you are paying way too much for a product that can be purchased at about $5-$10. Mentholatum, KOSE and sunplay are brands that have almost identical products, with higher SPF and a +++PA rating as well. While there are definitely occasions that call for this product, I still prefer the shiseido sunscreen cream since I can really feel it working and it lasts and lasts. I struggle to see this work since I never burn and am never out in the sun for long enough to do so. This is great if you are sick of the typical thick textures but you can buy this for $5 at sasa dot com and get the same if not better protection. This is not enough moisture to wear on its own nor does it absorb oil so yet it is another layer on my face when the shiseido does it all.

13 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 10:56:00 PM More reviews by kellybui

so far im loving it. no grease. no white residue...very matte. i think i will stick with this one. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2009 11:07:00 PM More reviews by CathySinMN

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was going through a period of time when I needed to work outside everyday, and of course, I wore sunscreen. The problem was that even though I did not burn from the sun - my skin was red and irritated. After some research, I figured out my skin was reacting to the chemical sunscreen(s) I was using. The sales clerk at Sephora suggested I try Clarins UV Plus, since its a mineral sunscreen and I absolutely love it! It is not greasy, doesn't turn my skin into a white mask, and best of all - does not irritate my skin. I just finished up my first 1 oz. bottle (it lasted 3+ months) and bought the 1.7 oz. size. The new bottle is the *new* formula, which some has said is different - guess I will find out soon!!

LONG STORY SHORT: Love this stuff, not heavy or sticky. Leaves skin with matte finish, but not dry.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2009 10:40:00 AM More reviews by dralim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't believe it took me this long to try this! It's an amazing sunscreen that I apply after moisturising, which leaves my skin nice and smooth. It makes a great base for foundation and doesn't leave my skin oily or cause pimples, like other sunscreens I've tried. It feels very lightweight. The fact that it makes my foundation last longer and work better is a plus! I will definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 6:09:00 PM More reviews by anniemcleod

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Have been using this for about 5 years. I actually like the luminous look from this when it is first applied as it seems to even the complexion but that look doesn't last long. It would seem a little expensive when you simply look at the size of it but you only need a little as it spreads very easily and thinly and just seems to soak into the skin after a while. Perfect size for travelling. The protection is fantastic and reliable. I use this everyday and it lasts 3-4 months. Unfortunatley can't be purchased in Australia (due to higher than permitted levels of titanium dioxide) but is available in New Zealand. When we lived in Australia my husband would get me 1 or 2 bottles on his business trips to NZ - not always available duty free so best to go to a department store.