April 18, 2014 | 2058 users online

Sunscreen - Clarins - UV PLUS Protective Day Screen SPF 40

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2009 2:15:00 PM More reviews by renemy

Very nice. Its texture is very light, almost like an oil (rather than a cream). However, once you rub it in, it is no longer oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 4:33:00 AM More reviews by teago

This is the best sunscreen Ive ever used on my face, hands down.
I love the smell, its like marshmallows! It is milky and oily when first applied but it sinks in and feels perfect all day.

Ive bought 2 bottles and am on my way to the 3rd. It is very expensive though!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2008 8:40:00 PM More reviews by sayakka

i would give it 5 lippies if not for the scent and the price. i like it because this leaves the least white cast on my face comparing to other ALL physical sunscreen. it's waterproof but not difficult to remove.
i m also amazed at how Clarins can make SPF40 with 8.1% Titanium Dioxide...pretty cool

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2008 3:38:00 PM More reviews by stitchtupgothgrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS!!! After being fed up with all of the high SPF sunscreens, I went into Sephora and asked for the best sunscreen for the face. They quickly grabbed the UV PLUS SPF 40. That was over 5 years ago, and I'm still in love with it! It goes on very lightweight and oil free. This is a great chemical free SPF for sensitive skin!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2008 3:08:00 AM More reviews by oceanicblue

Initially, this went on nicely in the morning and makes the skin look more awake. However, it seems to contribute to the oil on my face and clogs it after a few days of using. Thankfully, it was only a sample and not the full product! Wont buy it again. Clarins products do not seem to suit me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 7:23:00 AM More reviews by Novalie

I use this for several years and it is the best of all sun protections I have tried. I use it after my moisturizer and before foundation. It's very lightweight and not greasy. You need only a little product I would therefore say the price is okay.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2008 4:07:00 PM More reviews by sug4baby

I've been using this product over 3 years now. This is one of the greatest sun block amongst Shiseido. Too bad they dont sell over SPF30 here in Australia so I usually get it whenever I go overseas. I agree with the reviewer below me, This is not even close to oily. (give it about 10 mins and it sinks..) I will def buy this again!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2008 6:24:00 AM More reviews by Marzena19

This is a great sun protection fluid and easy to apply.
The only drawback is that it's too drying for the delicate under eye area, so I'm using Clarins HydraQuench Intensive Serum Bi-Phase first for the under eye area, and then put some Clarins Sun Wrinkle Control Eye Contour Care SPF 30 (now this stuff is a pure magic! it acts like more than just SPF - it brightens up the under eye area). Then follow with the make-up.
This SPF 40 fluid is the lightest thing I found to put under the make-up. I love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2008 4:01:00 AM More reviews by KerryGold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Active ingredient: Titanium dioxide

Others: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclomethicone, Aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, Polyglyceryl, 3 Polydimethylsiloxethyl dimethicone, Alcohol denat.,Aluminum hydroxide, Stearic acid, PEG-12 dimethicone, Sodium chloride, PEG/PPG 18/18 dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl acetate, Camellia sinensis leaf extract, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylene glycol, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben

Directions: Shake bottle well. Apply in the morning over daytime moisturiser.

This is an extremely liquid sunscreen and it is fragranced, but unless you are vehemently opposed to fragrance, donít let that put you off. It comes in a great little no-mess nozzled bottle. I suggest measuring out a quarter teaspoon the first time so that you know what that amount looks like in your hand. I apply it in two goes, patting it in well each time. Until I measured the correct amount I had been applying too much and two blemishes appeared which I attribute entirely to making that mistake.

It makes my face slightly paler than usual but not in a way that would be noticeable to anyone else and it isnít noticeable to me either after my usual make-up application.

It is far from greasy or oily on me, even though I have mature combination skin. I have to use a different, more moisturising sunscreen around my eyes as this is far too drying for that area, throwing any lines I have into stark relief and making concealer look like chalk.

If you have anything but oily skin, then itís essential in my opinion to follow the directions and apply moisturiser quite generously before using UV Plus, otherwise your face will resemble something from The Mummy Returns and your skin will suck up your foundation like a sponge. Be warned! But with the right amount of hydration this gorgeous, light, effective sunscreen is one that I can highly recommend for all but the most acne-prone. All the serums and lotions and make-up that I use seem to be compatible with it - no balling up of products or other problems- and itís my current best-ever! continued >>

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2008 11:21:00 PM More reviews by hippodeem

i am allergic to this , how sad. its light and high spf. too bad i cant use it. there is not much in the small bottle with this high price tag.