November 27, 2014 | 1699 users online

Scrubs - Mary Kay - Micro-dermabrasion

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2007 9:35:00 PM More reviews by JanetFF1

I got the microdermabrasion kit as a sample, and I found that it is easy to use ( I find many peels have all of these steps, or you have to mix products, etc) as well as very effective. I had a pink, glowy look to my skin afterward, and I also found that my pores were less visible and I looked well rested. This is easily one of the best peels I have ever used and though it is kind of pricey it is more than well worth the cost! I just ordered the full sizes!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2007 3:23:00 PM More reviews by makeup_fairy

I just got this scrub a couple weeks ago and wanted to try it out a bit before reviewing it. I have used it a few times now and all I can say is Wow. I love this scub! I have tried a lot of Microdermabrasion treatments out there and this is my favorite! The Dr. Brandt was alright but it seemed to only last a very short time and the Olay Regenerist is nice too. However this leaves my skin the softest and it looks like it did before I started getting horrible acne. I can wear a lot less makeup now and my scars have lightened too. I used the serum a couple times and it didn't break me out either but I really love the scrub. It is a little pricey but in my opinion it's well worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2007 8:15:00 AM More reviews by DaffodilFields

Best microdermabrasion hands down. I'd bet if it were more easily accessible to the general public through drugstores, this would sell even better than it already has been! The refine really keeps my pores clean and unclogged. I never breakout (if anything I firmly believe this prevents acne since it keeps the pores in check), and my skin just glows and feels so wonderfully soft! I use this once every two weeks (I have sensitive skin so I keep it to a minimum-plus I also believe too much scrubbing damages skin). I rub this in lightly then rinse off. I used to think that the replenish serum was useless, but I was dead wrong. I use a tiny bit on my forehead only since I notice the finest wrinkles b/c I have a bad habit of scrunching my face (I know-awful), and I swear this has helped to a degree! I love this set-absolutely love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2007 8:21:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample and loved it! It is the best micro-dermabrasion treatment I have used and it didn't clog my pores! (I tried Youthful Essence and it gave me blackheads that even now, a year later, have not completely gone away.) The scrub gets my skin so smooth and soft, no scrub compares, though I still do love my St. Ives Apricot Scrub (Medicated). The serum that goes with this is nice, but I don't know if I will repurchase that due to the cost. I will definitely buy the micro-dermabrasion scrub!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2007 5:19:00 PM More reviews by craftygal77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first time I used this product - I only used it on half of my face. I used step 1 & step 2 and then felt the side that I did nothing to. WOW - I couldn't believe it - it felt like the untouched side had a layer of - I don't know what but the side that I did use the product on felt nice and smooth and soft and there was even a glow to my skin. I suffer from severe and I mean severe dry skin and this product is awesome...no extra tools needed to apply, loved that!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2007 4:59:00 PM More reviews by dalena247

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

If you need a scrub that REALLY scrubs, but doesn't irritate your skin, this is the one to get. St. Ives is really rough compared to this. This MK one has more gains and they are much much smaller. My skin looks polished when I'm done, not scrubbed. I love this on my chin and nose where I have pore problems. I'm back to healthy, baby soft skin on those areas after using this product!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2007 6:49:00 PM More reviews by HollyMarie

Hmm.. at first I thought this was a fabulous product so I bought it. But after using it for a couple of weeks im just not as impressed as I thought I would be. And I think the step 2 serum is just a little rich for me (im very acne prone on my chin) and though it feels wonderful I think it clogged my pores. But others I know love this product so it really is up to you. I feel this was a waste of money :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2007 10:19:00 PM More reviews by lstrue

This does a good job of smoothing my skin, reducing blemishes and cleansing my clogged pores, but good is about as far as I would go. There are other products out there that do an excellent job of all of these things, so... I will not repurchase. Why keep buying something when I have found other superior products for only slightly more?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2007 2:35:00 AM More reviews by kamiller28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite Mary Kay product by far. I love how my skin feels after I use these products together. My skin looks great and feels refreshed (not to mention smooth!). I only use the set 1-2 times a week max and I don't scrub as hard or as long as recommended. But I do think that I get a sort of glow afterwards, and I advise layering on some extra light moisturizer after the serum so your skin doesn't dry out. This is my first microdermabrasion set and I will repurchase again off Ebay. I got my set half price on Ebay including shipping, and I never pay the full price from Mary Kay.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2007 12:45:00 PM More reviews by idahogrrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first microdermabrasion product I've used, so I don't have a good comparison, but I really like the consistency of the first step (refine?) - it's exfoliating, but not too harsh. Then my skin just seems to drink in the replenish step (2). My pores are smaller and my skin looks healthier since I've been using it (1 1/2 months?)