Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge - Blushed Rose

4.7

Castor Seed Oil, Octydodecanol, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate -2, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate, Candelilla Wax, Glyceryl Triacetyl Ricinoleate, Polyethylene, Alumina, Bisabolol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lecithin, Trihydroxystearin, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Barium Sulfate, Fragrance, BHT, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Red 6, Red 30 Lake, Manganese Violet, Red 22 Lake, Carmine, Red 28 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Bismuth Oxychloride, Yellow 6 Lake.

on 10/19/2009 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I also have this in Pink Truffle. I like this lighter shade better because I can also wear it on my lips. When applied as a blush it looks natural and fresh, although I wouldn't dream of wearing this during the summer when my skin is oilier. I don't wear it on my lips often because I have to use a brush (finger dipping is icky) and I'd rather carry a lipstick.

on 9/18/2009 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have four other shades (Calypso Coral, Pale Pink, Summer Pink and Powder Pink), but Blushed Rose is my HG Pot Rouge. It's just the perfect natural flush, slightly warm, no-brainer neutral rose shade. It looks deep in the pan but all you have to do is get a dot on your fingertip and blend into cheek. If Bobbi every decides to DC this or her pot rouges in general (my fave BB product), I'll freak out. NC35-37/MMM/Oily.

on 8/31/2009 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I LOVE this blush! it is very natural on my skin (asian, light/medium, golden undertones) and stays put almost the whole day. I use my MAC 187 to put this on, though the pot is now littered with small black hairs from the brush (though that is a testament to the brush rather than the blush). when applied with a stippling brush it blends very easily and looks very natural. I tried using my fingers, but it was really hard to blend it to look natural so i just use the 187. the color just seems to melt into your skin and give a nice flush that is difficult to achieve with a powder or cheek stain. i always put a little of this on in the morning before class (with a little bit of mascara) to make me look fresh and wide awake, even after pulling an all-nighter :)
EDIT:
I've had this for almost a year and I've barely used half of it (and i use it practically everyday). I am thinking of trying Becca's creme blush brush with this instead of the 187 since it does have a more solid texture (as opposed to the NYX creme blushes which have a mousse-like texture)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

The MA at Nordstroms was trying out these bronzers and sparkly blushes on me and I finally told her I wanted something that looked soft and natural, like a natural flush; nothing shimmery, etc. She immediately recommended this blush. The color looked a bit dark to me in the pan, but it looks very natural and subtle on my fair skin. It's pretty much what I was looking for: it seems to sink in and impart a very soft, natural looking rosy glow. The color has lasted the entire day as well. As far as performance, this is an excellent product. I only wish they had a color similiar to the other blush I use, a lancome powder in Cedar Rose, which is a lighter brownish pink.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This blush deserves its rave reviews. The formula gives a beautifully natural, even finish which can easily be built up, although a little goes quite a long way. The colour is extremely flattering on my very pale skin, never looks garish, lasts all day, and does not irritate or break out my sensitive skin. A huge thumbs up for this one.

Thanks to the MUA recommendations, I decided to buy my very first cream blush... and how I love it! This imparts a natural and healthy flush to my cheeks and fades only slightly over very long workdays.

I too recommend applying this blush with the Mac 187 brush. The fingertip application is somewhat uneven and then, there's the unhygenic factor of sticking your finger/nails in the pot.

Lovely blush!!

on 2/22/2009 12:11:00 AM

I am not really a fan of Bobbi Brown products, but I wanted to try a cream blush so I picked this up at my local CCO. This is one of those products that really make you go "wow!" I apply this with a skunk brush and it gives me that soft and glowy look from within. I have oily skin and although they tend to fade by the end of the day I can easily apply another layer without any caking.

I think these pot rouges may give my beloved NARS blushes a run for their money..

Love this product. It suits my skin tone and gives that natural flush I badly need in the morning when i feel i look like the walking dead. Since it's consistency is quite thick you HAVE to apply it with a brush, try BB's foundation brush or TBS brush is not bad with it either. Great product, love the packaging and will last you a long long time.

on 1/13/2009 3:43:00 PM

This is the other staple in my blush collection. I have to apply with a brush - it's quite sticky so I find apply with fingers gives an uneven effect. My other staple is Paula Dorf in Cha Cha which is a much pinker, fresher colour. I would describe this as more subtle and 'pretty'. I also find it good pressed into my lips as a stain (after using a lip liner) - for that just-been-kissed look (yes I have to fake it!!). I would buy again if I thought I would ever run out - but I suspect this will be a long way off as you don't have to use hardly any. A must buy for anyone with a yellow based complexion.

on 11/18/2008 9:26:00 PM

I just had to purchase this after reading all the great reviews! It's such a nice color, perfect for me! But I use this for my cheeks only, not for my lips. You can make it as dark or as sheer as you want and it lasts all day. I would repurchase this again.

Popular Blush Products