Kneipp Herbal Bath

4.7

These are sold in grocery stores in Germany- oh do I wish we'd have that here.

If you want a real aromatherapy bath, Kniepp oils are the thing. They were developed under the direction of one Dr. Sebastian Kniepp, who did cures at a spa involving a lot of cold water hosed on your legs and arms (to this day, sauna installations in Germany have a black thick hose to shoot cold water on your extremities as you shower off.) The oils are traditional German "Heilmittel" or healing herbs such as dwarf alpine pine oil, hops, heublumen (meadow flowers, forget the actual herb name), melissa or lemon balm, eucalyptus, and linden. Each oil has a different property for healing. Pine for sore muscles, linden for nervousness, hops for sleep, and eucalyptus for colds and sinus problems. They all work marvelously. Warning, some can stain the tub side temporarily, so best not to put the bottle on the ledge of the tub.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have used these bath products off and on for years. They truly are comforting and feel like a luxury treat at a great price per bath. The fragrance choices are many...everything from floral to fruit and herb types. It's wonderful to take a hop bath at bedtime to relax, a lavender bath to calm and refresh, or a pine bath to revive and gently stimulate the senses. You can also use them on a bath puff to shower with...just as nice if you want to shower instead of bathe.

Oooohhh... tried the Meadow Blossom one, now I'm hooked. My HG body product! These scents are so pure and refreshing... not to mention they turn the water colors... it makes me feel like I've stepped out of a day spa. It's nice to know that there are some bath products out there that won't make me come out smelling like food or fruit. They're even pretty reasonable for the money. I'm definitely repurchasing.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

These are great-smelling indulgences. The pine one is especially nice in the Winter.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

UPSIDE: The scents are very nice & smell like having the actual herbs in the bath (without all the mess). If I close my eyes I almost feel like I'm in a field of lavender or a pine forest! They also turn the bath water pretty colors :o) I find them to be fairly gentle to my sensitive skin. Not too expensive either.
DOWNSIDE: Hard to find!

Smell lovely, pretty good price, gotta love em!

I have used these for a couple of years now after Mayra told me about the orange linden. It is still my favorite. They are wonderful aromatherapy bath products. I also like the one that smells like spearmint, the pine and lavender are nice too, but I prefer the others. I use half as much as it calls for because using a full cap was irritating to my skin due the essential oils. They scent the entire bathroom, love them. These make a great gift item also. Everyone I have ever given them to has raved about them.

WOW, Truly amazing! I love the scent. I have lavender and it makes me feel so good.

One of the best...we absolutely enjoy its lavender and even my husband loves it.

Great stuff! I used the pinewood scent, it's really refreshing and relaxing. This reminds me that I should buy another bottle tomorrow...

Popular Bath Treatments