April 19, 2014 | 1797 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Imperialis

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2009 12:56:00 PM More reviews by stephg4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a love/hate relationship with the scent of this moisturizer. Some days i want to smell the pot all day and some days, it makes me sick. This was the first moisturizer I bought from LUSH and I do like it, but only in the winter months. I found as the summer months have begun and it's been more humid, Imperialis is just heavy and makes my skin oily fast. In the winter it made my skin soft and did balance the t-zone and felt nice on, not too greasy. The only thing i really didn't like is that it was a terrible base for makeup, it made my makeup look cakey and obvious. I will repurchase this in the winter though, until then, i'll be looking for something new.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2009 6:37:00 PM More reviews by RosB

This is my first review and sadly not a very positive one! Don't get me wrong, I love lush products but this moisturizer caused me to break out on my chin. It's been a long time since this happened. Spots are not usually a problem for me. Also it smells rather musty, not the usual gorgeous scent of a lush product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2009 9:24:00 AM More reviews by JulesGrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got a generous sample of this last time I was at Lush (they are always desperately trying to sell me moisturisers when I go in there) and so dutifully I tried it.

It is oily. It takes forever to sink into the skin. I'm not particularly fond of the smell. And overall I can do better for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2009 7:31:00 PM More reviews by sarahxromance

This was one of the first LUSH products that i ever tried, (along with some other items too). It was recommended to me, my sister and my mother by one of the sales assistants in the shop.

On first use, i noticed that you only need a little amount, too much and your face will be all greasy and icky. I used this moisturizer for a while, liking it's results, but not loving them. Didn't find it to be anything special.
I liked the smooth texture, the smell was pleasent, but i felt that i could find a moisturizer i LOVED for less. The pot lasted for ages, my mom even brought a second pot of it, but after that she didn't buy it again. She didn't seam to like it anymore,

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2009 6:18:00 PM More reviews by shannyn07

I'm pretty sure this product made me break out. If it wasn't this, it was at least the combination of this with the herbalism cleanser. I'm too scared to test this on my skin again by itself, because it took me a few months to get the acne back under control. Careful with it.
I don't seem to mind the scents in LUSH products, though, including this one. I rather liked it, I think. But again, bad bad for my skin! :(

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2009 4:25:00 PM More reviews by JMJM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got red bumps on my upper cheek from this, a part of my face I don't usually have problems with. I don't think it has anything to do with the ingredients, this cream is just not that moisturizing. At least, not moisturizing for me! I tend to get bumps when my skin gets too dry. Been using this for about a week day and night. Got it as part of this promo Lush was having, two mini ultra blands, two toner tablets, two moisturizers, and a biofresh mask.

And yeah, it also smells kinda weird. I'll go back to my Dr. Hauschka body cream (I use it on my face) until the bumps go away, then maybe try one of the other samples I've picked up.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by booglass

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ladies who lose rose scent, hit this! A friend gave me her barely used imperialis because she was switching her face routine. I'm a moisturizer connoisseur so I just like to let my flesh drink this stuff up. I did find that it did not wear superbly under make up, especially powders (If not given enough time to dry that is). I would only recommend this for combination or dry skin. Not a daily moisturizer, it's a little too strong for that. Great feel, great scent. It's a nice nighttime cream to wake up looking radiant instead of like a swamp monster. However if you're just looking for moisturizers that are utilitarian I don't think this product would be worth your money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 9:00:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

have nothing against...i just dont have anything for it either.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2009 12:24:00 PM More reviews by glowkitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I had been using this for a while, but have now switched over to Clinique's 3-Step. I found this moisturizer to be very nice for me as I have a very oily T-zone. It helped calm my oil, but I would still get oily. (I still do, sometimes! I guess it's just something I'm gonna have to live with!) This is a great moisturizer though. I have no complaints about it. It helped control my oil better than what I was using before I switched over to this. You should give it a try, definately!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2009 12:49:00 PM More reviews by prettymissy

The packaging isn't the best, and those who are familiar with the LUSH brand know this.
Also, this costs more than I would usually spend on a cream.
But my skin has almost completely cleared up and is soft and glowing. This cream hydrates it without making me break out or my T zone oily.
I also like it cos it's not tested on animals and uses loads of natural products.
Overall, a very good cream - just screw the lid on tightly.