April 17, 2014 | 1712 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 4:03:00 AM More reviews by iloveyoulauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I AM IN LOVE WITH FLUIDLINE! It is the easiest gel liner to work with. Because of how creamy the liner is, it makes it super easy to create different liner looks. Although, because it is so creamy, some buyers may have difficulty applying it. But for me, creating a dramatic cat eye look, or smudging it for a smokey eye is soooo easy and beautiful. I just got broken up with, boo-hoo me, and I've been a crying mess constantly wiping my eyes. And guess what? Blacktrack stays with me through all my daily breakdowns. This truly is a stand up product for an inexpensive price.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by kamiibbb

It's a really great black but the eyeliner texture itself is wayyyyyyy too creamy. It's so creamy that when I apply it, it easily smudges everywhere. I have purchased for a year now and I've only used it at most 3 times. My sister agress with me as well that it is too creamy. Although it's good for those who want their cream liners to "glide-on", this eyeliner is not for those who want it to stay. I've tried setting it with black eyeshadow but it still smudeges everywhere. At first I used it for both my top and the outer half-bottom lash line, then I tried using it only on the top lash line, and once only as a thin tight lighner but each time it smudged like crazy. Definitely a miss. It has been sitting im my makeup collection unused....sigh* I prefer my Bobbi Brown one and my Maybelline one more than this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by JocelynSC

This gel eyeliner is amaaazing, I applied it in the morning, later in the day went for a run and by bedtime the colour only slightly faded. The colour is black enough to give a somewhat matte liquid liner look. No smudging. Only a little product is required so it will last awhile. People seem to experience the eyeliner drying up before finishing it but I find storing it upside down and tightly closing the lid to prevent this from occurring. Overall well worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by clirby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used this product for years and finally decided to write a review today after crying and then noticing that my eye makeup was impeccable afterwards! I love the cat eye look with a slightly thicker line. Liquid tends to be too fine, and i always end up making a mess. Gel is easier to work with because it doesn't dry as fast, and it's easier to make a thicker line using a slanted brush. I've tried bobbi brown, but the pot dried up quickly on me and i had to throw it out with half of the product unused. Same with makeup forever. MAC somehow manages a smooth fluid consistency without drying to a clay-like texture after a while. Also, this stuff has some serious lasting power! While it's not 100% waterproof, i've gone to sweaty clubs and danced in it, worked 12hr days, slept in it, gone camping for days in it, cried in it, and it rarely budges. The only activity i've found that wiped it off was surfing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Moremi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have purchased this three times and I am planning on a fourth purchase soon. I usually buy one every year. I prefer this to Bobbi Browns gel eyeliner, which I bought because of the better looking packaging. The only thing I don't like about this product is the glas jar. It does not look glamorous. It didn't dry out, like the BB did though.

I wear contact lenses and it does not irritate them or my eyes. I tightline daily with this, but a little bit differently since I wear lenses. I kind of paint my upper waterline closest to my lashes while my head is tilted back to avoid product on my lenses. When in a hurry, it sometimes happens that I get it on my lenses, but as I said, no problems.

After abort 6 months of use, I find mixing the product around with a clean needle helps to redistribute the moisture in the product.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by nhitle

I don't know what the hype is about... This gel liner irritated my contacts AND gave me major raccoon eyes- it smudged like crazy. One of the worst department store makeup product I have ever used. Will never buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Actually

I don't know what all the rave review is about. This thing runs. I've been using Bobbi Brown's eyeliner for years and got tired of how fast it dries out. So based on mua reviews, I decided to try out this MAC fluidline. Application goes on smoothly and I was so ready to love this. A mere TWO hours later, it's transferred all over my lower lids from what I observed, just regular blinking. I did not rub my eyes or do anything to it. Another 30 minutes later, complete racoon eyes. I cannot use a product that runs. I suppose you can use it if you don't blink at all. Big LETDOWN.

I do not have oily eyelids, in fact my skin is kind of on the dry side.
Good thing I put it on at home and didn't go out right away. Imagine the horror if I put it on in the morning, go to work, and didn't discover I have complete racoon eyes until afternoon in the washroom.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

I love this eyeliner because it is so black, smooth, and long lasting... but I prefer liquid because you do not need to go through the hassle of digging in the pot and cleaning the brush later.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2013 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm very lazy when it comes to eye makeup, maybe because I'm also hopeless at it. But I'm really digging that gorgeous effect a simple black eyeliner can do to Asian eyes so I MUA'd the best eyeliner on the market and this is the one that tops the list. And it's amazing! I especially bought MAC's 266 brush to apply this with and I can't believe how much depth and definition it adds to my eyes. It's got a great consistency that' is smooth and easy to blend, it sets quickly and is budge free. Definitely a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by peachez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My HG eyeliner. Great consistency, easy to apply, and it is a true black. Plus, you get a lot of product for the price because it lasts forever- or at least until it dries up and you have to throw it out. It took over a year for mine to dry up and I still had quite a bit of product left in the tub despite using it almost every day. I will definitely continue to repurchase.