Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner

2.9

on 8/5/2012 3:55:00 AM

I have this in Cinnabar which is a nice matte brown colour. On the website it says it is waterproof, smudge-proof and stays put. Okay.
Waterproof? I suppose it is, but you still get smudges underneath your eyes and makes it look kinda like dark circles.
Smudge-proof? It does smudge a bit, but most importantly THE COLOUR JUST FADES after a few hours and you're left with brown smudges underneath your eyes.
The pigmentation is pretty good though but the tip has broken quite a few times. Eh. Would not repurchase, although it is a nice brown colour, I'm sure there are better ones out there.

on 8/4/2012 2:53:00 AM

This eyeliner broke off on my first use and I did not even apply pressure to it. The color payoff was terrible and it tugged at my lids. Would not repurchase.

on 7/31/2012 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I threw this away after my first use because the tip instantly broke off.

on 7/24/2012 1:44:00 PM

I think this product is terrible, and it was pretty expensive for a drugstore product. I couldn't even use it because as soon as I tried to the tip broke off, and I wasn't pressing hard by any means. I tried to turn it to go up more there was hardly any left and when I tried to use it again, it broke...again. I don't know if it's just the one I bought or if it's the product in general, but either way I'm really not too happy about this purchase. I only bought it because I couldn't find my regular L'oreal Infallible liner, I won't make that mistake again.

on 7/22/2012 7:46:00 PM

Bought this eyeliner a while ago when I was bored and felt like buying something..worst decision ever! Drug store brand wise, the price was considerably high..cost me $12~ lol maybe Im just being cheap..
Thought it would be creamy and easy to apply but NO! Had to drag it a little bit and the colour still wouldnt come out!
Can't say much about the lasting power since I cant even get the eyeliner on my eyelid in the first place!
DO NOT RECOMMEND it to ANYONE!

on 7/20/2012 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I wanted to badly to like this eyeliner, I am going camping this weekend and I needed a waterproof eyeliner so I got this with high hopes. It is not a very creamy formula which I found ok at first but if I try to do any sort of a wing or flick at the end of my eye I have to pull my eye tight and it's still difficult. Have to go over the line several times and push fairly hard just to get a dark color-I got it in espresso. Worst thing about it though is that it breaks. It has broken 4 times in the week that I've had it. Twice the tip broke off as soon as I took the lid off and twice the tip broke as I was applying it. I think it happens because you have to push hard to get a good color payoff and the tip gets weak and breaks. Whatever the reason, I've never had this happen before and there has to be a better waterproof eyeliner out there, even if it costs more it would be worth it.

on 7/19/2012 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this in Onyx and like how easily it applies, the creamy consistency and rich color. Starts to fade after 3 hours, though. I apply it to my waterline and for some reason, lasts longer there than when applied to my lids; probably because I have oily lids although I use the MUFE Eye Primer Potion (which is my HG, btw!) Best retractable eyeliner I've tried so far but wished it had better staying power on my lids.

Had to rewrite my review...tried it again today by itself no mascara no eyeshadow....it went on nicely ...but within two hrs my outer corners were smudged.

on 7/3/2012 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My grandma was at the drugstore and I told her to pick up a new eye liner for me, and sadly I forgot to tell her the exact name of the one I wanted, so that's how I ended up with this. It is very pigmented and I use it on my waterline. It's easy to apply and it doesn't irritate my eyes. However it doesn't stay on a lot of time and for me, it fades rather quickly. I put it on at about 6:40am to go to school and by second period it's gone. We're talking about maybe 2-3 hours of staying power, witch to me, is not much. I was practicing a winged eye liner with this and my lids are very, very oily and I have hooded eyes and when I look in the mirror and close my eyes to see, theres a huge black crease on my lid! Also, the words on the packaging faded,too and that annoys me. I did not like this and I will not repurchase.

on 6/8/2012 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This eyeliner is soft (but usable) and very pigmented. I use it for smokey looks only because the fading and smudging isn't as prominent that way. For my everyday looks though, i can't use this because it goes all over the place even when i use it very lightly.