October 24, 2014 | 1528 users online

Pressed Powders - E.L.F. - Clarifying Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Hayxoh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this powder. It's great to set my makeup with. There's just a few cons. Firstly, they don't give you a lot of product at all. I hit pan very quickly. Secondly, it's not really true to color. i got mine in light beige. It's very very very dark. I do use it to add a bit of color to my face and it does a wonderful job. I'll probably repurchase in this color.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by ayoder62000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't say anything bad about this product, but the packaging could be a little better. Besides that, I love the product! It is so easy to apply and it covers up pretty well, usually I just put on my concealer and this, and I am done applying my face makeup! Love it!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

Hey, you know, this is actually pretty great! I bough this because I needed something to control my oil. I was a bit weary of this, because I thought "Just a $1? It's probably not gonna be all that great. Just good for setting foundation". But ELF has rarely let me down, so I picked this up in "Light Beige" (MAC= NW20-25). It works absolutely wonderful as a setting powder. Great, flawless, smooth, matte finish. BUT I got curious and decided to use it as a foundation (over tinted moisturizer). I am so impressed! It gives a light-medium coverage, keeps me matte almost all day, and just makes my skin look really nice! I also think it does keep my acne under control.
P.S.
I prefer this to the MAC Studio Fix

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by mayrarara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had originally been using Maybelline's Fit Me pressed powder. However, seeing as it is the summer & I live in Texas, I started realizing that their powder was doing nothing to control oil on my face (at all). I had recently watched a Bree Essrig video where she used this powder, & upon remembering this at H-E-B, decided to pick it up. I ended up being the lightest shade, Ivory (this never happens). I tried it the very next day and was amazed! It controlled oil incredibly well and felt so light on my skin. It did not leave a powdery look at all and I was pleasantly surprised with how well this product worked. I'll definitely be purchasing this again

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by JulieBrittany

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pretty good product! I bought it in the color Light Beige. It is a little too dark for my skin tone but if i blend it in with another powder it looks fine. It is by far one of the best oil absorbing powders I've tried. Usually by lunch my face is visibly oily but with this powder it isn't. It claims to help treat and prevent acne breakouts since it has 1% Salicylic Acid. Not too sure if it actually has made a difference. But having that extra fighting power is nice. Would not recommend this if you have dry skin since Salicylic Acid is known for drying out the skin. The packaging is decent. It feels kind of cheap almost. It would have been nice if it had a mirror for the times you need a small touch up on the go. It is also very small. You only get 5g of product (0.18oz). For 1$ 5g isn't bad at all. But it would be more convenient if it had more product inside. Also it claims to not test on animals! Would recommend to anyone with oily skin to give it a try. It's only 1$ so why not?

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2012 5:05:00 PM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product, for the price ($3), works well. By works, I mean because of it's active ingredient (Salicylic Acid) it will not break you out and will help dry out oily, pimpled skin. It acts as medication for a pimple (s.) Salicylic Acid is the active sloughing off ingredient which rids ones complexion of dead skin which is used in all of Clinique's Sloughing (toner) lotions 2,3 and Men's 4. You will also find it in acne medications along with Benzyl Peroxide. Finding Salycilic Acid in a powder is not easy to find and at $3 one can fuss a bit to make it look good. I LOVE it!!! They also make this powder (not listed here) called "Tone Correcting Powder." It's color blocked w/4 shades you mix together to rid the skin of excess ruddiness/redness. Great for covering Rosacia w/out irritating it. It also happens to come in a nice rectangular black compact (no brush/puff provided.) Goes on nice w/E.L.F.'s Complexion Brush (reviewed here.)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 7:51:00 AM More reviews by kinta80s

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Bought this product initially in honey, which turns out to be way darker than the swatch after oxidation. So I started buying rosy beige instead. Piled up the products cuz I love it very much. Now I have 5 of those in my drawers for stock.

Downside is that it runs out too quickly and clumps. Within a month, there's no product left in the container. Still, worth the purchase cuz I can mash the product up and reuse it as loose powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by lilblue10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

The color selection is awful, all of the shades i've tried were always a bit off . The coverage is quite good, still needed concealer though. The downside of this powder is that it looks really powdery and quite cakey, it doesnt melt into the skin which make it quite obvious that you're wearing foundation. I didn't have Mac Fix + when I was using this, that probably would've helped.This didnt break me out. For 1$ this a great powder, but I think they're better powders out there for sure. I would not repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by MarissaRissaMarie

So far, I'm really loving this powder as a finish for my liquid foundation. My only complaint is that I ordered the lightest shade, and it is slightly darker than my skin tone. I recommend getting it a shade lighter than you would normally just in case. However, this hasn't been a problem for me because I use a sheer amount, and it actually seems to add a little color to my skin without making a distinction between the skin color on my face, and the skin color on my neck. Plus, for a buck it's worth a shot :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2012 2:01:00 AM More reviews by NaomiHa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I got this during a swap only because the target from my house is only 45 mins away and I didnt want to drive that far for this product and I usually get the brand online during their good deals.

I believe it retails for a dollar. I swapped for the ivory color. The coverage is almost like a translutant powder (to me anyways). the packaging is simple, and not bulky, however you have to becareful with it since it only is a dollar the packaging is cheaply made, but what do you expect.

after one use the product starts to oxide. I used this product with the ELF Powder brush. I only put this on on my chin (during the time of the month i get only large cystic pimple on my chin) After cleansing my skin I would use the Clean & Clear advantage acne spot treatment with this after it (to keep the product from slipping all over. Usually the spot treatment would take about 5 days for it to work on me, but since I added this powder with it It took about 2 days to help the cystic pimple from bursting, it also helped with the redness.

HOWEVER

for some reason with this specific product i noticed my skin has become more sensitive and raw after using this item.... I dont think I would repurchase