April 21, 2014 | 967 users online

Lip Treatments - By Terry - Baume de Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2010 6:37:00 AM More reviews by shinyaholic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was very hesitant spending so much money on a lip balm, but having read and heard so many great reviews I decided to give it a go and I am so glad I did.

Everything about this product is fantastic, I love the smell, the consistency and the subtle colour and shine. My lips are in fantastic condition after using this and I love the way it looks so natural whilst really enhancing their natural colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Hopkins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I did think twice before purchasing this product as £32 is very expensive for a little jar of lip balm. This is without a doubt the most expensive lip balms I have ever purchased. But it's worth it because I love it and will actually use it all up; unlike all the cheaper balms I own but donít use! I use it as a treatment at night and wake up with kissable lips without fail each morning. I will defiantly be repurchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 10:54:00 AM More reviews by men4breakfast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There is only one way I can describe the natural conditon of my lips - chronic dryness (cracking, peeling, bleeding). Let me tell you apart from Creme de Mer lip balm I have tried almost everything out there from petrolum based balms to more natural products and Baume de Rose is by far the best lip treatment I have ever come across.

The consistency on the lips is lovely and thick, although smooth at the same time, and you can feel it moisturizing deep in your lips, and not just the skin on the surface. Once applied the feeling will last for a good few hours and there is no need to reapply more than 3 times a day (although I love it so much I use it about 4 or 5 times).

The treatment will leave a slight shine to your lips, but not in a sticky lipgloss kind of way. The plumping effect it has on the lips is minimal (or maybe so in my case as my lips are quite full already) so I wouldn't rely on it being an effective plumper if that's what you are looking for.

I found that after 2 days the condition of my lips improved dramatically, and now I am able to wear lipglosses and anything else on my lips now as I no longer suffer from cracking etc.

If you're the type of person that suffers from extremely dry lips like me and are willing to splash out then I would say look no further than this. However if you're lucky enough to be able to use anything on your lips then I would say save your money and buy Burt's Bees which is another good balm but for a fraction of the price.

Let me tell you I have drawers of lip balms that I have acquired throughout the years on my quest to find something that would heal my lips, and I will only ever use this now for as long as it continues to work for me. It may be expensive but I see it as an investment as it really works and I will no longer have to waste anymore money on other products.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2010 6:54:00 AM More reviews by coachwife6

Gives me a great gloss look that stays on for hours. I have trouble keeping anything on for any longer than 15 or 20 minutes and I am still amazed how long it stays on while it moisturizes my lips. I do feel as if I have to use antibacterial soap on my fingers before I apply because it does come in a pot. Expensive, but worth it. I do love the smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by audreyr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a very good lip treatment/balm. It is very expensive so I suggest to try it out before you purchase. It really does leave your lips soft and supple but for the price I don't know exactly know if it's worth it! I would stick to MAC lip treatment of Jack Black those two seem to do the same thing without the high price tag! But that's just my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2009 3:05:00 AM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really think of this more as a pot gloss than a lip balm. Although it is smoothing and does moisturize it is not nearly as nourishing as say Fresh's sugar lip balm or Weleda skin food. The texture is really more of a gloss/lacquer. That said, it is really, really beautiful. Just the right hint of lilac to a super sheer baby pink that makes your lips look absolutely delectable. It's a great alternative to nude lipstick or clear lipgloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2009 3:31:00 AM More reviews by lucas8930

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Joy in a jar! Before using this product, my lips were devastatingly dry. This balm works wonders. Not only is it an excellent treatment with SPF, but the scent and tint are lovely and feminine. In addition, I find it smooths and ever so slightly plumps my lips for an even more provocative pout. Works well under lipstick/gloss or on its own. Expensive, indeed, but because of its benefits, I will find place in my budget for this item. For those those who might be wondering about how it compares to the La Mer lip balm, I would say that it is equally impressive in its moisturizing properties. For me, they complement each other nicely. l love the La Mer for its refreshing and soothing effects, but I will now use that at bedtime since it lacks sun protection and I find it harder to layer with other products. Regarding the packaging - they both come in pots...which I actually prefer! A minority position, I know, but with a q-tip for clean application, it allows me to use every last bit. :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

At $58 for 0.35 oz, Baume de Rose is one of the most expensive lip balms on the market. It is also pure luxury. It does moisturize the lips very well. It looks milky white/pink in the pot but it does not have any color on the lips. It does leave a subtle shine to the lips.
The smell is luxurious--like beautiful roses. Another reviewer said that the smell is much better than Smith's Rosebud salve. The smell is in a different league than Rosebud. It is far, far better but it is also far more expensive.
If you are considering the Baume de Rose (in a pot) vs. the Baume de Rose Crystal lip gloss, I would recommend the Baume de Rose in a pot. The lip gloss is $52, has very subtle sparkle pigments in it, and you only get 0.23 oz. The pot for is $58 for 0.35 oz. The sparkle pigments are so subtle that it is not worth it. If you want sparkle, get a MAC Dazzleglass or some other sparkle lip gloss. This is meant to treat the lips so it goes under lipstick or lip gloss anyway.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Jaysta1985

At $100 AUD a pop it is prob one of the most expensive lip balms I have ever purchased. But it's worth it! The rose smell is lovely, the texture not sticky at all, the beautiful sheer white pink glow on the lips is priceless.. and the fact that it makes my lips a bit more plump makes this the best $100 dollar spent! II no longer have dry chapped lips (gross). I know it's a waste of money when I can find equally good balms for a lot less, but I just can't describe the wonderful feeling I get when I apply it.
I think it's a little luxury you can take and apply anything time of the day! I'll def be repurchasing this when I am done with this pot.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2009 1:53:00 AM More reviews by eky1

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love it. I have been through la mer, all drugstore brands, clarins, mac, laura mercier, chanel and the list goes on...I find that I don't need to reapply this often and the effect on the lips is lovely. It has an iridescent glow to it, makes lips look healthy and pouty. It is expensive however I think it will last a while. Very happy! Oh and it's not thick and gloopy either, or waxy.