September 20, 2014 | 1218 users online

Lip Treatments - By Terry - Baume de Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2010 5:38:00 AM More reviews by Fionalaw229

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Simply divine. The smell is amazing and it is such a luxurious treatment for your lips. I keep it on my bedside table and use it every evening and every morning after washing. During the day, I reach for my elizabeth arden 8 hour cream - more purse friendly and also a wonderful product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by GirlFromB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best! If you hesitate between the pot and the applicator bottle: go for the pot, the tube is (unfortunately) too goopy and runs. I'm so unfaithful* to this product and yet always return to it because it works best for me. It also gives a shiny, dewy rose finish that I really love. Also ideal as pre-lipstick treatment: just apply 5 min's before application and blot, lips are soft and well-prepared.
It's expensive and a glass pot is hardly the easiest package, but if you consider it as a beauty/night time table item, it will last you a good while. If you like this but want something similar yet slightly cheaper and easier to carry on, I'd recommend the Rubinstein Collagenist Lip balm.
*lip treatments that I've used and didn't quite measure up: LaMer lipbalm, Hauschka stick, Yes to Carrots, Labello/Nivea, Carmex, Rosebud Salve ...

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by sugahxpops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just a few things:

1. YES, this product works. It is NOT a ridiculously expensive pot of crappy Vaseline with a rose. You only need a small amount and it feels very nourishing on the lips and they look/feel hydrated for hours afterwards.

2. If anyone is wondering how it compares to the DIOR Creme de Rose, unfortunately the Baume de Rose wins hands down. The Creme is goopier, thicker and much more of a barrier rather than a real hydrating treatment.

3. If you have been thinking about this product for months and still want it, like me, go for it. You won't find a substitute. Treat it not as a lip balm but a TREATMENT for your lips/cuticles and it can even be used under the eye!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2010 9:21:00 AM More reviews by silversweet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to have chronically dry, cracked lips but no longer! I have been using Baume de Rose lip balm for about six months now and the improvement in my lips is fantastic!

I mostly use it as a night treatment (it is very expensive) so the pot I have is still going, making it worth the price.

I will definitely re-purchase, this my HG lip product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2010 6:37:00 AM More reviews by shinyaholic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was very hesitant spending so much money on a lip balm, but having read and heard so many great reviews I decided to give it a go and I am so glad I did.

Everything about this product is fantastic, I love the smell, the consistency and the subtle colour and shine. My lips are in fantastic condition after using this and I love the way it looks so natural whilst really enhancing their natural colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Hopkins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I did think twice before purchasing this product as £32 is very expensive for a little jar of lip balm. This is without a doubt the most expensive lip balms I have ever purchased. But it's worth it because I love it and will actually use it all up; unlike all the cheaper balms I own but donít use! I use it as a treatment at night and wake up with kissable lips without fail each morning. I will defiantly be repurchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 10:54:00 AM More reviews by men4breakfast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There is only one way I can describe the natural conditon of my lips - chronic dryness (cracking, peeling, bleeding). Let me tell you apart from Creme de Mer lip balm I have tried almost everything out there from petrolum based balms to more natural products and Baume de Rose is by far the best lip treatment I have ever come across.

The consistency on the lips is lovely and thick, although smooth at the same time, and you can feel it moisturizing deep in your lips, and not just the skin on the surface. Once applied the feeling will last for a good few hours and there is no need to reapply more than 3 times a day (although I love it so much I use it about 4 or 5 times).

The treatment will leave a slight shine to your lips, but not in a sticky lipgloss kind of way. The plumping effect it has on the lips is minimal (or maybe so in my case as my lips are quite full already) so I wouldn't rely on it being an effective plumper if that's what you are looking for.

I found that after 2 days the condition of my lips improved dramatically, and now I am able to wear lipglosses and anything else on my lips now as I no longer suffer from cracking etc.

If you're the type of person that suffers from extremely dry lips like me and are willing to splash out then I would say look no further than this. However if you're lucky enough to be able to use anything on your lips then I would say save your money and buy Burt's Bees which is another good balm but for a fraction of the price.

Let me tell you I have drawers of lip balms that I have acquired throughout the years on my quest to find something that would heal my lips, and I will only ever use this now for as long as it continues to work for me. It may be expensive but I see it as an investment as it really works and I will no longer have to waste anymore money on other products.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2010 6:54:00 AM More reviews by coachwife6

Gives me a great gloss look that stays on for hours. I have trouble keeping anything on for any longer than 15 or 20 minutes and I am still amazed how long it stays on while it moisturizes my lips. I do feel as if I have to use antibacterial soap on my fingers before I apply because it does come in a pot. Expensive, but worth it. I do love the smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by audreyr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a very good lip treatment/balm. It is very expensive so I suggest to try it out before you purchase. It really does leave your lips soft and supple but for the price I don't know exactly know if it's worth it! I would stick to MAC lip treatment of Jack Black those two seem to do the same thing without the high price tag! But that's just my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2009 3:05:00 AM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really think of this more as a pot gloss than a lip balm. Although it is smoothing and does moisturize it is not nearly as nourishing as say Fresh's sugar lip balm or Weleda skin food. The texture is really more of a gloss/lacquer. That said, it is really, really beautiful. Just the right hint of lilac to a super sheer baby pink that makes your lips look absolutely delectable. It's a great alternative to nude lipstick or clear lipgloss.