July 26, 2014 | 967 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by AnnaPetrelli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I used this as a kid, but stopped when I got acne cause I figured it probably wasn't doing me any good. I went back to it a year ago for reasons I can't remember and I am so glad I did! This stuff is seriously the only thing that doesn't break me out! And I am really, really sensitive to all sorts of moisturizers. I can even slather on a thick layer and that doesn't break me out. In combination with bp this has cleared my acne. I still have hyperpigmentation though and I figured I'd use another moisturizer during the day to help with that (plus nivea can give u that shiny look) and although the ingredientslist was excellent, I have since broken out. I am going back to my trusted nivea and never trying another thing!

Oh and my dad uses it and he could easily pass as 40 though he's 50. So I guess there's some kind of anti-aging goodness in it too.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2014 4:30:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

This review is for the basic Nivea Creme in the dark blue jar. The cream is very thick and Crisco-like. Although it is occulsive I do not think it is particularly moisturizing. I bought it for a hand cream but I think I will wind up using it on my legs after showering. Gold Bond Ultra Healing Cream and AmLactin body lotion are far superior to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by luciaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I was at first very hesitant because of the German vs. Mexican formula debate. The Mexican formula is the one commonly found on store shelves in Canada, with $6 price tag. The German formula is said to be better, but that costs 3-5 times the normal price plus crazy shipping rates.

You know what? The Mexican formula is actually amazing. In fact it's been my miracle night cream for the past 3 months. Every morning I find my combination skin well-moisturized, non-oily, and this lasts 2-3 hours after I wake up. My complexion has a nicer glow. The really amazing thing is, it dries/heals my acne from the previous day, and no other moisturizer can ever do that. It doesn't cure acne of course but I find my acne healing much quicker because of it. I also use it on my elbow and heel sometimes. 1-2 uses are enough to soften my elbow and heel, and the softened skin lasts about a week without reapplying Nivea.

There are 2 things to be aware though (1) It has a old-fashioned scent, some might find it strong (2) It is a very thick creme, only a bit softer than butter. I am concerned about heavy rubbing on the face as that might create wrinkles. So I learned to spread it on my hands first and then pat that onto my face, followed by small-scale massage to rub it in.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Keyra89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I been using this for months I use it everywhere. feet,hands, body, legs everywhere makes so soft. made my rough feet smooth. and it does wonder for my hands especially since I wash my hands 24/7 because of my job. and I found the 13 oz for 6 bucks at walmart double the size i used to get for 8 or 9 bucks at cvs or walgreens. best moisturizer for me and my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2014 6:25:00 AM More reviews by Moremi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This cheap (1.75 euro/150 ml jar) cream does what it promises, which is to moisturize your skin. It does not do wonders like say, my HG, Ole Henriksen, but that was expected.

Does not break me out. I only use this in my face. The thickness of the cream is slightly disturbing since I like to layer my skin care and this moves the layers underneath.

The packaging mirrors the low price. Nothing fancy, but a sturdy metal jar.

What makes this product fab is the PRICE! I'm poor but I want nice skin! :D
My skin care philosophy is to use as mild and simple products as possible when it comes to cleansing and moisturizing, and then, baaam: aha, retinoids and all that stuff you know will work.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 5:16:00 AM More reviews by INEM

This review is for the original Nivea creme in 200ml blue plastic jar, made in Germany version. I use this everyday all over my body and i'm sworn by it. The cream works wonder on dry areas such as legs and arms. I use it on my feet as well because I have really dry feet with callouses and the cream softens them. During summer when I wear sandals and can't be bothered with pedicure, i slather this cream on my toe nails and cuticles, it's very moisturising and makes my toe nails look very healthy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by xglasgowgirl

Over the winter my skin has been terrible and my mum told me to buy this. i have been using this creme before bed every night and seen such a big improvement.(within a month) it does amazing things for my dry skin and paired with a regular skin care routine you will wake up with soft,glowing skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by stayintruetosoul

I just started using this the other day. I know it's supposedly old fashioned and unchanged, but I have say, this was Marilyn Monroe's cream, and I'm rolling with it too, as strictly a night cream, because it IS rich. I need to specify that I purchased the GERMAN version... which is different than what is sold in the states ... (from Mexico). It comes in a nice, retro blue tin, that I admit, is fun to use. But you have to dip your hand in, so wash them first! The price ... well, it's pretty cheap. I ordered it on Ebay for around 7 dollars. I love it. Yes, it has a fragrance, but it doesn't affect my skin at all, and I've definitely had to shy away from other fragranced moisturizers, because they burn. Not this stuff. It's soothing!

Now, I don't have acne prone skin, I have combination skin that is on the dry side. So this is good for me. If you have acne or have regular trouble spots, this is probably not the night cream for you. I'm in my late 30s, and I have taken a great interest in putting something on at night while I sleep after washing my face. The Nivea Creme sinks in slowly ... it definitely has a bit of "grease" to it, but when I wake up in the morning, my skin looks GREAT. It is soft and fresh. It almost glows. Silky.

People keep comparing it to Creme de La Mer. I can see why. First off, they smell slightly similar. I used CDLM for a tiny spell, and I found it to be even heavier than the Nivea cream, but it did feel luxurious. Really, their ingredients are about the same. I'd rather pay for the Nivea and continue to eat a healthy diet with antioxidants, than expect it all to come in a magic cream with exotic seaweed. I don't think CDLM is all that, I do believe this is a good substitute. But everyone's skin responds differently...

I guess it depends on what your'e looking for. Someone here called it old fashioned, but I don't believe facial creams, at their base, have changed all that much ... now we add all these other items to it... and create trends, like Vitamin C, Alpha Hydroxy, Vitamin A, Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, retinol, retinoids, cucumber, and the big one now .. ARGAN is in everything. I don't need all that. I think diet is where you should find a lot of those ingredients, save for the alpha hydroxy and retinol items ...

SO ... if you're looking for a very rich and silky cream with a mild, pleasant scent, Nivea is a good one. If you want something light, with faster absorption, not so much. If you want fragrance free, don't get this.

Put it on after a steam bath, when your pores are open. It is even better for dry hands, cracked elbows, feet ...

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Retrohousewife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The best moisturizing creme you can buy. This is better than all other expensive moisturizers. It really works. I use it in my face as a night creme. It moisturizing effectively without breaking me out. I usually have sensitive and acne prone skin and this doesn't bother it at all. I wake up with soft, smooth, supple, plump skin with no fine lines. My husband uses it too. It keeps his face free of wind burn and razor burn. I also use it as a lip balm, eye cream, hand cream, and makeup remover. It also comes in handy to put on feet in winter, heal wounds and minimize scars. I use it as a full body moisturizer. It is best applied to fully dried skin. It doesn't absorb as well on wet skin. This is a truly a miracle product. It smells lovely like lavender, rose, bergamot, and lily of the valley. It's not too strong. This is a true classic. It take a good product to still be around after 100 years. It's such a great deal for this multi-tasking product. I won't be without it. I carry a small tin in my purse, my travel bag, and my car. I always have at least two of the big glass jars at home. I use the formula that it made in Mexico. If you haven't tried it yet, go for it. It will change your life!!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by kasabourin

I like this cream simply for the following : simple, eye catching packaging, its very light, fresh scent, the fact that a little goes a long way and the tub it comes in could last a whole year if you wanted it to, or maybe even longer. It soothes the areas on my face where i use a retin A product which causes redness dryness and slight burning/stinging/itchiness. Its a little on the greasy side though you have to make sure you use sparingly.