Almay Almay intense i-color brown topaz

3.3

on 7/27/2005 1:40:00 PM

Well normally I am not a fan of Almay mascaras..however..this one is an exception. I love the smooth creamy formula. It does not clump or smear. My lashes are soft and flexible and seperated. The look lasts all day. I am satisfied with this product. No complaints....

on 5/2/2005 8:56:00 PM

I was a bit afraid to buy this mascara after reading some of the postings. However.. I still couldnt resist trying it so I picked one up today.
I have brown eyes, black hair so I got the brown topaz (dark brown).
It's actually pretty nice. I have black eyelashes so this color looks more like a black brown on my lashes.

However, it doesn't clump on me. Even tho it doesn't say volumizing on the packaging but it's buildable for sure.

Some mascara you have to wait until the first layer is dry, then apply the second layer.

Some you just have to keep applying it before drying, this is one of those mascaras.

It gives a great natural look and does make a color difference with my Blackest Black mascara.

I will repurchase again for sure.

on 3/26/2005 7:47:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is very pretty warm brown shade of mascara that gives a natural look. Unfortunately, I find the mascara formulations of Almay to be on the dry side and this was no exception. It flaked very quickly after application, though surprisingly didn't irritate my dry, sensitive eyes. Contact lens wearers may want to be careful though (I wear glasses). If, however, you're okay w/ the consistancy of this mascara, it's one you should try out for the color if nothing else. I personally think it would work well for blonde-lashed women or redheads.

on 1/8/2005 11:02:00 PM

This is pretty good for a natural daytime look. I wasn't overly impressed with how it made my eyelashes look though. Not really great for lengthening or curling. It's kind of pretty but nothing outstanding and I wouldn't call it intense at all. If I do repurchase I think I'll try the mascara for hazel eyes instead and see how that works. I like black mascara better anyway.

on 1/8/2005 7:45:00 PM

Overall, I haven't been too impressed with Almay but I can't resist trying a new mascara (especially when I know I can return it). I have to say Almay has really impressed me with this one. I've tried brown mascara's before but this one seems to have more warmth to it. The product claims to lengthen your lashes by 50%. It doesn't do that but my lashes were a lot longer and had a nice fullness to them. I liked this mascara so much I also got the color for hazel eyes (black pearl) for the times I want a more dramatic look. I would definitely repurchase.