Cover Girl TruBlend Pressed Powder

3.7

Talc, Mica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, PTFE, Lecithin, Methicone, Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Red 36 (CI 12085), Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Zinc Oxide

on 8/3/2009 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I'm not getting most of the bad reviews on here. I've been wearing this powder over my foundation and alone and it works wonders on my face, it covers most of my imperfections, even my dark circles are at the very least, less noticable. I have this in translucent light (2) and it is very blendable, even with the little sponge thing it comes with. It controls the oil on my t-zone very effectively and I only have to touch up once in this area through-out a 12 hour day. I love this and will be purchasing again!

on 7/31/2009 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This has been the pressed powder I've been using consistently for about 2+ years now (I use 'translucent medium'). I always use a pressed powder just to set my creme foundation (CoverGirl also) and I think it makes a world of difference because it gives me a 'matte' look which I like.
I love the fact that this product is relatively cheap and oil-free... I also love how I can touch up my makeup with this without it building up too much and making my face look a couple shades darker than it is. One thing I hate about CoverGirl TruBlend Pressed Powder though is that, if I so much as accidentally drop this on the floor, the powder breaks up into a billion tiny pieces so that it's like a thick loose powder... I'm not a huge fan of loose powders because they're messy and make me sneeze more often. Other than that, this pressed powder is really great.

on 7/20/2009 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have this in "Translucent Light' #2. It actually provides a good amount of coverage, I dont even need a concealer around my nose w/ this. The finish is a soft matte. The powder is very natural looking...I'll update how it lasts later

on 7/8/2009 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

great for touch ups trough out the day and setting my foundation.

on 5/17/2009 11:26:00 PM

I wear MAC studio fix pressed powder, and i use this as my touch up for the rest of the day. It blends perfectly with my skin. I'm very fair and so I bought "1 translucent fair." The only thing that I dislike about it is the fact that you can't get very heavy coverage, so it's best applied over a liquid foundation or another powder foundation.

on 5/12/2009 12:54:00 AM

I'm actually pretty impressed by this. I ran out of my HE foundation and needed something quick to hold me over. I think this is going to end up being a nice summer powder as I don't need too much coverage and most liquid makeup melts off of me in the desert heat. I'm oily, and this keeps the oilies at bay. My only gripes are the packaging and that the powder is not finely milled. However, when applied with a fluffy powder brush instead of the pad, it gives a nice finish. The 2 Light color is a perfect match for my neutral fair skin. Careful, ladies, these colors run light! It does not make be break out or look oily, so I will keep it as a staple in my bag. :)

on 4/21/2009 3:14:00 PM

For a drugstore powder, this is pretty damn pricey. Regularily it can run you up to $12 - 14 depending on drugstore locations. I have never disliked a CG powder till now. This is just terrible. I got Translucent Light which I thought would be a nice match to my pale skin. I may as well have put baby powder on my face. Then there's the consistency. Thick as hell. I looked like I had on clown makeup and it didn't blend for crap and held onto pockets of areas that were oilier. Very disappointed.

on 3/16/2009 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product for months and have gone through a half dozen Trublend compacts in "Translucent Light." I use this power primarily to touch up on throughout the day wear. It works well at controling any oilys on my nose as well. Grant it, I am dry to very dry, but for my skin type this powder does the trick.

After applying my foundation I use my powder brush and apply a light layer of Trublend to finish it off as it aids in helping my foundation stay intact throughout the entire day. My co-worker has often commented on how well my makeup wears. I will continue use of this product for as long as it works for me.

on 2/26/2009 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Used as a powder foundation, alone on bare skin, this power is fabulous. It gives light coverage that controls the oil slick on my face for many hours. If used as a blotting powder or a touch-up powder over another foundation, the results are a cakey smeared mess.

Normally, I cannot stand most Cover Girl powders and foundations, they are either cakey, pink/orangey, smell funny or make you break out. Not this!!

Honestly, I'm suprised i love it so much.

Sometimes, I moisturize, use concealer where needed and then use this powder as my foundation. I have to say, it gives pretty good coverage for a powder:)

Other times, I use a big fluffy brush and use it to set my foundation. It really seems to make pores much smaller.

Silky yet matte coverage.
Really seems to blend in better than other powders, color wise.
Pretty cheap, around $.6.50
More shades selections that the average pressed DS pressed powders.

My only complaint is that the mirror is a bit smaller but it's not that big of a deal becuase I keep a seperate 3x mag. mirror in my purse. I used to love the rimmel stay matter powder (still use it) but i'm really loving this because of the coverage it gives if you don't want to use foundation!:)

Recommended for Normal Skin