August 30, 2014 | 1753 users online

Sunscreen - Shiseido - Extra Smooth Sun Protection Cream SPF 36 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2007 4:40:00 PM More reviews by susan717

This sunscreen is the best sunblock I have used so far. It doesn't look greasy and doesn't break me out. My skin is even smoother and moisturized and matt after applying this sunblock cream. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2007 7:45:00 PM More reviews by mcarrozza

I have tried countless sunscreen products and this is by far the best! I love the matte finish it leaves behind and absolutely no white residue.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2007 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Lapiz

I absolutely love it. Like the previous reviewers have said, it has a wonderful matte-finish which keeps the oil in check. I barely have to use powder anymore and simply blot my skin with a napkin when it's too shiny. This is wonderful and smells great and keeps your skin smooth and healthy. 5 stars!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2007 9:18:00 AM More reviews by Sweetnessismyweakness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is my first review on MUA. Actually, I just discovered this web-site about 3 weeks ago (I know, I know, where have I been?). Not only am I now hooked on MUA, I am also hooked on this sunscreen! This product is incredible. I have been on a search for the best sunscreen/moisturizer with antioxidants forever and can finally stop looking. I have tried other products (DDF, Lancome, Prescriptives, Mario Badescu, etc.) but none of them compare to this one. I first read about this product in Allure and Lucky. Then I discovered this web site and read all of the reviews listed here. The other reviews are spot on in that it absorbs quickly, mattifies, is Amazing under makeup (my Chantecaille Future Skin never looked better) and best of all protects my fair (NW20) skin from the sun. So glad I finally found my HG sunscreen; just in time for summer. Thanks MUA!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2007 11:08:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The best sunscreen for ultra humid/warm climates -- it has superb mattifying effects. Granted, I'll still sweat in 90-100 degree temps, but compared to other stable UV blockers, this won't melt off or make my face look like I rubbed it in Crisco. That said, if the weather is anything but hot, my skin cannot tolerate this sunscreen. It dries me up like the Sahara and causes pimples/bumps to erupt --- due to the drying effects of the talc in the ingredients...and also because it's hard to wash off the product completely (potential to clog pores). I always need to use a mineral oil or oil-based cleanser to remove this sunscreen thoroughly. I'd still repurchase for summer vacation --- it would be perfect otherwise if I could wear it year round.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2007 3:46:00 AM More reviews by Veeverma

HG. I've looked for a non-greasy high SPF-ed sunblock for YEARS, and this is the first that I unequivocally would recommend to everyone. I lived in London or four years and found I could get away with slightly lower SPF's, but have recently moved back to India, where the temperature hits 46 degrees (Celsius) in summer-so you can imagine that even the most oil-free sunblocks ended up feeling like a mask. Not this one-it applies easily, dries to a silky-matt finish (no easy feat in this sort of heat and dust), and keeps me matt and non-sticky ALL DAY. It has an SPF of 38++, and feels light and smooth on my skin. quite drying-if it wasn't so hot i'd definitely need to slather moisturiser on before, so dry-skinned MUA-ers, moisturise first. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2007 2:51:00 PM More reviews by tle0338

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Lovely sunscreen. Other reviewers were right-on about the matte finish. I find that this stuff makes my Shu Water Perfect foundation wear better. Could be because the sheer liquid has a well-primed surface to cling to. And the SPF 36 is reassuring. Nothing, and I mean nothing, out there can compare. My skin literally looks fresh and clean at the end of the day, even after sports. BTW, I tried wearing my foundation over just moisturizer one time (I was getting ready for a dinner party and thought it didn't make sense to wear sunscreen), and what a mistake! I was blotting like crazy and the foundation seemed to dissolve before the end of the night. Should have worn the sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2007 8:28:00 PM More reviews by melody1980

This is my HG for facial sunscreen! Love the mild fragrance (it doesn't have that typical sunscreen smell at ALL) and it's creamy texture. I put it on over my regular daiy moisturizer and it absorbs quickly leaving no shine. I also use it in my sensitive eye area and there's no irritation at all. Plus, I think the price is very affordable for a high end sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2007 12:33:00 PM More reviews by KileyMc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Oily skinned gals do not be scared by the "cream" description. This ss is fabulous for oily skin and actually mattifies on me. I also have large pores and it works as a light primer. I still use a pore filler afterwards but it really does smooth you out. I use a lot (maybe 1/2 tsp) and it never accentuates my RAM flakies or gets greasy or balls up on me. No whitish cast and no scary smell. Amazing. Shiseido does have samples of this at the counter so don't be afraid to ask for them first. I really love this sunscreen and have noticed my skin actually lightening up after using it! It must be working!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2007 1:01:00 AM More reviews by kt261

This is Fantastic face sunscreen. I have combination skin and this sun screen has made my oily skin matte. It doesn't feel greasy and sets very well under make up. I highly recommend.