Origins Modern Friction

3.8

Aqueous infusion; rosa damascena (rose) flower; oryza sativa (rice) starch; sodium laureth sulfate; glycerin; cocamide mea; flycol disterate; acylates copolymer; pentylene flycol; polysorbate 20; essential oils (olea); citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot); citrus limon (lemon); cucumis sativus (cucumber); cinnamomum camphora (shiu); litsea cubeba; citrus aurantium (petitgrain); ocimum basilicum (basil); citral; linalool; benzyl salicylate; limonene and mentha piperita (peppermint), aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice; scutellaria baicalensis; pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract; cucumis sativa (cucumber) fruit extract; textrahexyldecyl (vitamin C) ascorbate; butylene glycol; hexylene glycol; sodium cocate; caprylyl glycol; sodium sulfate; hydroxypropyl methylcellulose; sodium chloride; laureth-2; tetradibutyl pentaerithityl hydroxyhydrocinnamate; edta; disodium edta; trisodium hedta; methylchlorosothiazolinone; methylisothiazolinone; sodium benzoate; penoxyethanaol; titanium dioxide (ci 7789).

on 1/2/2012 9:01:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

How in the world is this gentle? The grains are huge & very rough. My Renova-ed skin tolerates this ok, but it definitey feels like I'm being too rough on my skin. Directions say use it on dry skin so you need quite a lot to cover the face. Then it takes forever to rinse off, during which it sometimes gets in your eyes & stings like crazy.

on 1/1/2012 10:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

EDIT: switched to the nuxe gentle exfoliator. This is still great but a little too much because the skin around my cheeks etc is not thick enough to tolerate this with weekly use. Better for those with tougher skin, not for fragile skin.

I bought this before christmas because id heard good thing about it.

I can actually understand why some might not like it but i personally think its wonderful. New HG exfoliator for moi!

It leaves my skin super smooth and fresh.

I exfoliate twice a week and no more because i dont want to wreck my skin. I apply this to dry face massge it for about less than a minute, addsome water and massge for about 30 seconds then rince clean and do this twice a week .

Will definitly repurcase

on 1/1/2012 8:50:00 AM

My sister gave me a sample of this product that she'd got when she bought some Origins stuff for herself. I like it a lot, because it's finer than most scrubs, which can be harsh. I'd got to the stage where I was using only chemical exfoliants rather than the crushed-shell type as they seemed too hard on my skin. This also smells fab. My only 'no-no' is that if you get it in your eyes, it stings!! I have read a review elsewhere for the product saying that some users have found it better than an in-clinic microdermabrasion treatment, which must be good!

on 12/30/2011 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Love this scrub. It makes the skin soft as a baby. It's like a spa in the shower. Smells great and doesn't makes the skin red or blotchy. Just calmed and deep cleaned. Great product!

on 12/28/2011 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I just got this as a sample but yet have to purchase the full bottle. I really like this. It makes my face so smooth right after using it. I apply this on dry skin first then I splash a bit of water on my hands then rub it gently. iI find this gets the best results.

This product is a bit expensive but If I were to buy the whole bottle I can imagine it lasting for at least a year as you need so little of it for the face. It's worth every penny in my opinion.

on 12/25/2011 10:01:00 PM

DD tried this and it works wonderful! No more tiny bumps on her nose...last step before going to an aesthetician....wahoo!!

on 11/14/2011 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this product, it leaves my skin soft and glowing. I don't exfoliate regularly but when I do this makes my skin feel amazing.

on 11/10/2011 4:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this scrub. I don't find it at all harsh. I use it at least once a week. I use it on dry to damp skin and get the smoothest skin after that feels so clean and fresh. I don't have any allergic reation and it doesn't break me out. I love it. I don't think this has any rough particles like the apricot scrubs that can actually scratch your skin and the gooey texture really isn't all that bad. I will definitely repurchase even though it is a bit pricey. I do prefer their old packaging that was in a container than the tube that it is in now. I have no problems with this product what so ever.

on 11/9/2011 3:45:00 PM

Received a sample of this, as a cleanser it is gentle to the skin. As an exfoliator, nah, just not enough. I wouldn't buy this.

on 10/26/2011 11:10:00 AM

LOVE this stuff. I have very sensitive skin, and other scrubs just don't cut it. I use this once a week on my face and neck. I find it really effective to put it on my skin dry, gently massage for about 30 seconds, and then rinse off. If your skin is super sensitive, the packaging recommends using it on wet skin instead.

Popular Scrubs