Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting in Smashing Color Blend

3.2

2 oz Original in a Tube: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract. 1 oz Light: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Decyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oligopeptide-10. 1 oz SPF 15 with Dermaxyl Complex: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethyl Perfluoroisobutyl Ether, Ethyl Perfluorobutyl Ether, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, C 12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tribehenin, Ceramide 2, PEG-10 Rapeseed Sterol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Water (Aqua, Eau), Ethyl Trisiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Methicone, Silica, Silica Silylate, Hexylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891). 1 oz Bronzing Primer: Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isopropylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Carthamus Tinctorium (Safflower) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Water. 1 oz Luminizing: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Alumina, Phenyl Methicone, Poly (C30-45 Olefin), Cyclomethicone, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Cola Acuminata (Kola Nut) Seed Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate. May Contain/Peut Contenir: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491).

on 3/27/2005 5:16:00 PM

Color correcting green helps my rosacea ravaged nose look less Rudolph-like. Also helps to hydrate my skin. Put an SPF in it and I'd use it as my daily moisturizer. A bit pricey and I don't love the pump.

on 3/9/2005 6:29:00 PM

Awesome stuff. i have the green one, when I wear this my skin looks like porcelain. It sucks all of the nasty reddness and blotchinees out of my complexion and leaves me flawless. I don't even need any foundation when I wear this and I do not like to wear foundation on a daily basis anyway.....it's silicone based so beware if you have problems with that but it is a miracle product for me!

on 2/3/2005 1:31:00 PM

I did not want a primer, thought it was just one more step-boy, was I wrong. The Apricot color really evens-out my skintone and makes my foundation last. I love the texture and feel of this one, also. Great product.

on 1/28/2005 9:41:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

OOps I don't know where this goes.. I'm reviewing the lavender colored primer..

It feels just like the regular primer- very smooth and silky but this one calms down the yellowness in my skin and makes it look so perfect that I don't even need foundation! It hasn't broken me out like the regular one- go figure! A great buy! :)

on 1/18/2005 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

*updated* I still love the look this gave me, but I broke out from it. Yes, I am sure it was this. Several MAs (not Smashbox ones) have told me that I can't be allergic to silicones as they are water-based, but I beg to differ. Every silicone-based product (i.e. GA LSF) I've used since this one has broken me out also.

Original review: Why, why, why didn't someone tell me about primer years ago? I tried English Ideas (did nothing), tried Mac's Matte (nothing) but I use this everyday - and I never even knew primer could make such a difference. I use the Smashing Color Primer in Blend (as opposed to the clear) as I have red areas to cover up.
I just swipe a sheer layer of this all over my face, let it dry for a few minutes and I can almost go without foundation.
continued >>

on 1/16/2005 1:51:00 PM

This shade is an apricot colour, which looks quite scary in the bottle. However, applies on so sheer, I don't notice *any* colour tint to it at all. Supposedly, this corrects yellows & pinks, however, I don't notice *any* difference in my complexion at all (and for that reason deducted one lippie). As far as I can tell, this stuff goes on completely sheer. On the up side, *all* make up products just glide on like a dream! I advise applying the primer, then letting it dry for several minutes before applying any makeup overtop. Otherwise, it has a weird effect on yoru foundation - making it go all cakey. UPDATE: 6 weeks post purchase of primer... and I don't use the stuff anymore. It didn't really do enough to make it worth making that extra step. continued >>

on 12/29/2004 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

The Photo Finish primers now come in apricot, green and purple. Smashing Color Blend is the apricot shade. It subtly evens out my skin tone, and gives that nice silicone slip that makes makeup application a breeze. I use it underneath MAC Hyper Real pressed powder for a glowing, natural look.

Popular Primer/ Correctors