April 19, 2014 | 1784 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Color Correcting in Smashing Color Blend

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2005 5:16:00 PM More reviews by lyss11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Color correcting green helps my rosacea ravaged nose look less Rudolph-like. Also helps to hydrate my skin. Put an SPF in it and I'd use it as my daily moisturizer. A bit pricey and I don't love the pump.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2005 6:29:00 PM More reviews by chattykathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Awesome stuff. i have the green one, when I wear this my skin looks like porcelain. It sucks all of the nasty reddness and blotchinees out of my complexion and leaves me flawless. I don't even need any foundation when I wear this and I do not like to wear foundation on a daily basis anyway.....it's silicone based so beware if you have problems with that but it is a miracle product for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2005 1:31:00 PM More reviews by micheledv

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I did not want a primer, thought it was just one more step-boy, was I wrong. The Apricot color really evens-out my skintone and makes my foundation last. I love the texture and feel of this one, also. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2005 9:41:00 PM More reviews by LPETWEB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

OOps I don't know where this goes.. I'm reviewing the lavender colored primer..

It feels just like the regular primer- very smooth and silky but this one calms down the yellowness in my skin and makes it look so perfect that I don't even need foundation! It hasn't broken me out like the regular one- go figure! A great buy! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2005 5:35:00 PM More reviews by angieee

*updated* I still love the look this gave me, but I broke out from it. Yes, I am sure it was this. Several MAs (not Smashbox ones) have told me that I can't be allergic to silicones as they are water-based, but I beg to differ. Every silicone-based product (i.e. GA LSF) I've used since this one has broken me out also.

Original review: Why, why, why didn't someone tell me about primer years ago? I tried English Ideas (did nothing), tried Mac's Matte (nothing) but I use this everyday - and I never even knew primer could make such a difference. I use the Smashing Color Primer in Blend (as opposed to the clear) as I have red areas to cover up.
I just swipe a sheer layer of this all over my face, let it dry for a few minutes and I can almost go without foundation.
continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2005 1:51:00 PM More reviews by KateJ

This shade is an apricot colour, which looks quite scary in the bottle. However, applies on so sheer, I don't notice *any* colour tint to it at all. Supposedly, this corrects yellows & pinks, however, I don't notice *any* difference in my complexion at all (and for that reason deducted one lippie). As far as I can tell, this stuff goes on completely sheer. On the up side, *all* make up products just glide on like a dream! I advise applying the primer, then letting it dry for several minutes before applying any makeup overtop. Otherwise, it has a weird effect on yoru foundation - making it go all cakey. UPDATE: 6 weeks post purchase of primer... and I don't use the stuff anymore. It didn't really do enough to make it worth making that extra step. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2004 6:19:00 PM More reviews by thursday

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Photo Finish primers now come in apricot, green and purple. Smashing Color Blend is the apricot shade. It subtly evens out my skin tone, and gives that nice silicone slip that makes makeup application a breeze. I use it underneath MAC Hyper Real pressed powder for a glowing, natural look.