December 21, 2014 | 1607 users online

Hair Treatments - Biosilk - Silk Therapy

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by butterflylipz

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this hair treatment! I have hair that is 27" long. It is colored and I try not to use heat on my hair whenever I can but if I don't use a blowdryer then it literally takes my 4 - 7 hours to dry sometimes (especially in the winter) So my hair is in 'good' condition, not great (i just recently bleached the front part of my hair. I will post a pic and review of what I used as soon as I get a way to post the pic of my before and after hair bleaching....it turned out awesome! I get asked who my colorist is and people are amazed when they found out that I did myself!)
It works best for me when I use it right after I get out of the shower and towel dry my hair. If I put like a quarter size amount in the palm of my hand and rub it on the ends it makes it SO much easier to comb my hair when it's wet (I know that is a fundamental no-no when you have long hair but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.)
When my hair does dry I notice a considerable difference in the softness of my ends.
Just remember tho that a just a dab will do. I have a 5.64 fl oz bottle and it has lasted me a year so far and I still have 1/10 of the bottle left, which will probably get me at least 6 more months!
So in a nutshell: it's great for long hair on the ends especially if you have slightly to moderately damaged ends.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 2:57:00 AM More reviews by shaktilicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love Silk Therapy! I've been using this stuff religiously since 6th grade (I'm 26 now). It smells amazing, and most importantly, it makes me hair look amazing. It adds shine and controls frizz, even during the hot and humid summers that we have here in Florida. Yes, it is definitely pricey, but it really is worth it in my opinion, especially since you only need just a tiny bit. I have had my current bottle for over two years now (I probably use it about 4 to 6 times per week). Whenever I get a little bit too much product in my hands, I just rub the extra on my elbows to help the roughness and dryness.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by angel0225

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product it make my hair to stay put (no flyaways), really shiny and the yummy smell!!! I like how i can use just a drop or two to get my hair so nice like this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 6:14:00 AM More reviews by thestartsteam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this for when I want my hair to look its best. It smells really nice, and it give my hair a very polished look. I love to apply it after I straight iron my hair, it gives my hair the extra oomph. Wish the packaging were different, maybe if it came in a pump it would be better to control how much product comes out. Be weary though, if I use too much, it makes my hair look greasy. It's a bit pricey, but a little goes a long way so for me it is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Missylou80

Words can not describe how much I love this product! It makes my hair so touchably soft and silky. But you literally only need a small amount of the product, or it may get too greasy (which sucks, but oh well.) I 100% recommend this, little on the pricier side, but defiantly worth the splurge.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by BrittanySunshine

I am not sold on this product. I have pretty long, blonde, processed, dry, damaged hair, the slightest bit of humidity and my hairs turns into a giant poofy lion's mane (also I thought I should get short layers in the summer-time WORST idea). My grandma gave me this product she got at a salon, otherwise I wouldn't have spent $20 on such a tiny bottle.
It smells nice, the packaging is decent (leaks a bit during travel though), but I really don't find it does anything for my hair. It smooths it out but doesn't make a difference in the frizz - maybe I'm using too much or too little? I use about a quarter sized amount in damp hair and then a tiny drop after my hair is dry to try and smooth the ends out. I wouldn't buy it, wouldn't recommend it, and don't use it at all anymore. As far as so-so products that smell nice but don't really tame frizzy hair, I'd much rather buy Garnier Moroccan oil anti-frizz treatement for a third of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by ElenaAllen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I picked up this product at my salon since my hairdresser always uses it, and I am not disappointed at all. Totally makes my hair super soft and silky! It was a little expensive though (30) but it comes with 350mL and you don't want to use to much or your hair gets greasy so this will last me forever! Recommend this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by cathym630

I have used this for over 10 years! I've tried many other silk treatments and every time go back to this! You must shake the bottle every use because the contents settle but it smooths my hair out perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by StarPower28

Amazing product that could really get your hair back form the dead. I have over processed hair, I went from natural black hair also naturally frizzy, thick and coarse to blonde using bleach twice and hair dye every 2 weeks or so. One day I decided that I would like to go black again, and after I have dyed it, you can see all the damaged ends that looked straw-like. I had been using Redken Smooth Lock for more than a month now and haven't really noticed a difference. I am also alternating it with Fructis Hydra Rechage and have not seen a difference in the texture of my hair until I purchased this silk therapy yesterday and applied it on towel dried hair. This morning I decided to flat iron my hair and applied more of this product and noticed that my ends didn't look as bad as it did yesterday. No it did not look perfect but did look so much better. I decided that this is worth giving a 5 star although product is pretty expensive. However, I was able to purchase a bonus size of 350 ml for only $23 at my local grocery.

If you want smooth ends, and be able to run your fingers through your hair, along with smelling so good all day and silky texture with no frizz, this is a product that's worth trying. I am not sure if it sealed my split ends temporarily but I don't see them now.My hair is super soft without that greasy look and feel to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by shellstah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was first introduced this product when I was in elementary school by my mom who told me to use it because it was good for my hair. It's been ~8 years and I'm still using this stuff! I typically buy the 150ml size and I only use a tiny amount so it takes me forever to finish a bottle. The smell get also be a little too much and be greasy if you use a lot so I tend to use really little. The second some product reaches my hand when I tip the bottle over and I immediately lift it back up because this stuff is runny. I split my hair into 2 sections and apply it from my ear down. I'll definitely repurchase this after I'm done with all the ones I currently have a lot.. which is about 3 of the largest size so it'll take me a few years before I buy it again.