December 18, 2014 | 1245 users online

Bronzers - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish - So Ceylon ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2008 10:02:00 AM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this! this is my first mineralized skin finish an I am hooked. I've since purchased one in light flush from the n collection at the CCO and these give my NW45 skin the mist beautiful glow. I even put some on my decolletage and collar bones for a night out. I look like I'm glowing from within with these. I definitely would recommend these.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2008 10:06:00 PM More reviews by fashionlover7

I love this bronzer. I am NW45. It gives me a great natural looking glow and makes my skin look flawless. I normally where a benzoyl peroxide cream under it so I wont break out. Its a little expensive, but worth the money and should last a long time unless you completely O.D on bronzer...which really wouldnt be cute lol ......okay after a few wears I think this is too shimmery for my face but looks cute as a body highlighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2008 9:59:00 PM More reviews by sarahmoon77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The color looks a bit scary in the packaging. It does look very red, but on the cheek it's beautiful. I tend to use it and not use blush because it gives me a nice glow. I absolutely love the Mac skin finishes...all of them...they are fantastic!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 10:33:00 AM More reviews by em1282

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is one of my first MAC MSFs, and it's amazing. I'm an NC35 and it ends up looking really natural on me--kind of how I look when I tan normally. It's not muddy-looking, orange-y, or overly glittery like some other bronzers I've used. I apply it with the 181 small kabuki and it just makes me look more awake. This will also be wonderful for the winter months. Wish it was permanent, because I'm seriously considering a backup.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2008 9:58:00 PM More reviews by ranifaye

When I took the trip to the MAC counter, my aim was to purchase Petticoat as my first Mineralize Skinfinish purchase, but somehow the MA convinced me that So Ceylon was a better fit for my C40 skin tone. After trying it on, I WAS IN LOVE. So Ceylon is a bronzey-rose shade - easily can be worn as a bronzer or as a blush, depending on your skin tone. It just gives you a glowy, sunkissed, luminous glow. My only issue is the price - it's fairly expensive. Still, regardless of the price, So Ceylon has me convinced that I need to start begging MAC (just like everyone else has) to make this, as well as many of their popular previous Mineralize Skinfinish releases, PERMANENT!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2008 7:04:00 PM More reviews by jesalyne24

i wouldnt really consider myself a 'bronzer' kinda gal - but this stuff makes me take back every awful thing i've ever said about them!! first of all, this stuff applys like a dream - second of all, i love it - & third of all, i can pretty much apply this & mascara & be satisfied :) the colour is very sheer, bronzerish, but i feel that is geared more towards 'cooler' complexion people b/c its got some definate pinky tones in it (well, at least my msf does - i know they all very a bit due to the 'baking' & 'various shimmer veins'. i use this as an all over powder; w/emphasis on my forehead, bridge of my nose & cheekbones. i never considered myself as pale looking (i'm an MAC nc 30 for reference), but after using this stuff for almost a month, if i dare walk out of the house w/it - i feel as though i look like a zombie - which is insane b/c it doesnt really deposit a lot of colour, but if definatley adds a sense of 'radiance' & 'healthy glow'. i love the fact that the surface of the msf is super large, i can fit my ginormous fluffy brush into it, swirl, & get a nice sheer, even coating of powder on my brush - & more so i love the fact that i can apply this stuff w/o even paying attention - it is that sheer & blendable!!! MAC - hear my plea - make this permanent!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 2:14:00 PM More reviews by teha83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Just got this and I love it! Like other reviewers I think it makes a great bronzer/blush gives a nice healthy glow. I apply this with my 282 and kinda buff it into the skin, looks great! Definitely would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2008 6:38:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So Ceylon is a cool toned shimmery rosey bronze. I find that it does tend to appear almost metallic on the skin, so I had to invest in a skunk brush to use it. I prefer wearing this over my blushes since I find that it doesnt deposit a lot of color. There's probably enough product to last almost a lifetime, when using occasionally. While its very pretty, I not so fascinated by it that I would have to purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2008 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Sua

I got the rerelease version as well. It seems like Warmed, but just the brown part. I really like it, less orangey and more rosey. It has some silver shimmer/glitter in it but it doesn't show up on my skin. I'm NC15, so I really need some color lol. I wish it was permanent instead of soft and gentle or gold deposit.
Expensive though,..$27 with tax for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2008 7:00:00 AM More reviews by sexay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just bought the re-released version of this msf along with petticoat. At first, I couldn't wait to get my hands on petticoat but when I actually had both msf's in my hand, I fell completely and utterly in love with so ceylon. Just looking at the pan, it looks like the standard bronzer, but it has such a beautiful pinky, rosey color underneath it. To me its a blush and bronzer in one. It just looks so gorgeous on, not orangey and fake looking (ahem gold deposit)...its just a perfect bronzed look with a hint of color! LOVELOVELOVE...seriously go buy it now!!!!!