September 20, 2014 | 1813 users online

Concealers - Lancome - Effacernes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Coccolina

I am in love with this product b/c it actually covers my dark circles and blemishes, if I happen to have any. Further, it doesn't dry my sensitive skin and doesn't feel heavy. Staying power is great. I don't like packaging much as it doesn't allow you to use the product till the last drop, considering this concealer is quite expensive. I am on my 6th tube and will continue using.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by bumblebee770

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A great concealer in that it doesn't crease easily if set with loose powder. I doubt anything could cover my dark circles on fair skin but this looks natural if used over foundation (I use Clair II). If there was a pinkier shade I'd use it with tinted moisteriser and powder foundation but for that shade match I have to go to MUFE. Until I discover another as long lasting though, this is it for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by cattitude

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've tried other liquid concealers such as MAC and Smashbox and this one is way better. Although it is more expensive, it is actually a better value because you get a lot more product.

My skin is so pale that my under-eye area is transparent. Therefore, I have really obvious dark circles that no amount of sleep will fix.

This concealer doesn't magically make my dark circles disappear (I don't think that ANY product could accomplish that!) but it does make them less prominent in a way that looks natural and not dry or cakey.

I have shade Porcelaine I and it matches my skin tone perfectly. It's difficult to find a concealer that isn't too dark/orange.

I will keep using this unless somebody recommends something better.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by carltonbp

I got this because the lightest shade is suitable for NC/NW 15 people. On the front of the box and on the actual product nowhere does it say 'eye' it does on the back of the box however spotted too late for me.
Cost £21. Ouch but you do get 15ml
Pros
Good colour range
Goes on matte but not drying
You get 15ml
Doesn't show up when you apply blusher or powder over it which I find most concealers do however....
Cons
It's at best got the coverage of a medium foundation hence it doesn't show up a little darker when you cover it because it's not really a concealer.
So coverage is poor and gets worse within an hour seemingly absorbed into the skin leaving you with very little left.
So what do you do with it, can't throw it away at that price. It doesn't conceal for long and then only for the palest of acne scars or under eye bags. But then if you have such great skin why would you need this. I have found a use and that's touch ups during the day. Most concealers when you re-touch say at lunchtime over make up you put on that morning doesn't go on very well, this does and because you're putting it over existing makeup you get greater coverage.
Summary
Poor coverage and doesn't last, good colour for pale skins, good for make-up touch-ups little else.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by d61rlz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i had a big argument on my mind when i decided to choose either this one or the estee lauder double wear stay-in-place concealer.. so i decided to get this because i have a high expectation which so many ppl rave about it..
This is a good product.. It's just the coverage is so sheer.. if you have severe dark circle, don't even think about this one.. it only gives you a flawless finish on a 'non-problems' skin.. for even out the skin tone, this gives you an amazing finish..
Of course the price is wwwaaayyy pricey you get 15ml.. which is ok because you only need a little..BUT, i wouldn't repurchase anymore.. because i don't like the coverage..

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by questionable

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

A visiting Lancome makeup artist recommended this when he did my makeover. I use it as a primer on my eyelids, which are reddish from so many capillaries showing through thin skin. I use Beige Neutral and squeeze a tiny dot on the back of my hand, then dip a small brush into it to dab into the corners of my eyes where I have dark shadows, then onto the lids.

Another trick he taught me for my deep set, hollow eyes is to stroke their white kohl pencil over the lid on top of the concealer and blend it, then apply light eyeshadow. I really makes my eyes pop.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this from Nordstrom about a month ago after weeks of internal debating on whether I should take the $29 plunge. And I'm returning it tomorrow. I know that this is an HG product for many of you, and that's what made me really want to try it, no matter what the steep cost was, but sadly, this just isn't cutting it for me. I'm a borderline insomniac, and my undereye circles are VERY problematic and quite dark (not the darkest, though), and I actually feel like this is one of the LIGHTEST coverage concealers I've ever owned or used in my life, believe it or not. I have this in the shade Porcelaine 1, and I'm NW15 in MAC, and I think that the color match for this was just a bit too pink to work for my undereye area, as I like my eye concealers to lean more towards the yellow or peach tones. Doesn't cover any of my dark spots, no matter how minor. I can see this working beautifully for complexions with minimal imperfections, discoloration, and whatnot.

The formula is nice (not thick or heavy at all), and the finish is very natural, and it NEVER looks dry or cakey throughout the day. The product claims to have a soft matte finish, but I find this to be far from the truth. It certainly doesn't leave a greasy finish, but it's far from being matte. I find that if I use this on its own (which I can't, because it doesn't have enough coverage), it creases on me within 5 minutes, and I apply very little of it, so I don't know why this problem is occurring, since I have dry skin, and rarely have problems with concealer creasing. So this is going back to Nordies, and I won't be missing it at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by tdhx0

Oh I'm in love :) this concealer gives me great coverage. I have it in Camee and it's blends beautifully. It doesn't crease and feels moisturizing. It's fuller coverage then Lancôme's maqicomplet concealer. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by SDSnyds

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this concealer. More than any I've tried in the past. Just make sure you moisturize underneath your eyes or else it could potentially look a little dry. I set this with powder and I don't have to worry about it for the rest of the day because I know it won't crease or budge. You also get a decent amount of this concealer and it'll last you for quite awhile.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by LTcurlygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is decent concealer. I use it under my eyes to hide bluish circles, and it doesn't cover them completely, but it does make the area look much better. It has a good lasting power, and only a little bit is needed to cover my entire under eye area. It does settle into fine lines a tiny bit, but far less than the majority of concealers i have tried, both drugstore and high end. Although this is fine, I'm still looking for something better....something that perhaps will be a tad less drying.