Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Medium

4.5

on 6/25/2008 12:08:00 PM

I love love love this! So many bronzers are really shimmery, which can make you look too shiny. This one does not at all, and you can lightly dust it ALL over your face without looking like a giant sparkle, or looking like you have been in a tanning bed too long. I said lightly though, so don't rub a bunch all over your face because it will look terrible :) Less is more with bronzer in my experience. I have fair skin, and the medium shade works well for me. It's not too dark, but it give me a subtle, healthy glow. The closure on the compact can break sometimes (Bobbi Brown needs to work on her packaging in general) but it's still a great product and I keep buying it!

on 5/22/2008 11:12:00 AM

Well, this is very *natural* I will give it that. To be honest, I was expecting this to be much more pigmented, since BB's products typically are. I feel like I can swipe layer after layer over my face and still see only minimal impact. One lippie off for that. While I don't want to be super light-handed to avoid a mess, I do wish I could see a little more payoff. NARS Laguna, for example, gives me a lovely tan veil after one light application. I feel like I have to really pile this stuff on before I am noticeably "sunkissed."
To it's credit, the shade is fantastic--once I get it to show up it gives me a very authentic color to my fair skin with yellow undertones. I normally turn a little rosy when I get some sun, and this manages to mimic the way my skin would actually look. I love the matte finish too.
This is a very good bronzer but I will probably keep my eyes open for the same shade in a more pigmented form. If you're looking for subtle, this is it.

on 5/18/2008 6:38:00 PM

Makes me look so healthy!

This is the best bronzer I've ever tried, and I've tried many. I'm fair as you can see...Not the fairest, but an Ivory complexion with warm/neutral undertones and every other bronzer I've ever tried has made me look slightly dirty, kind of orangey, or sometimes...nothing at all.

I had my makeup done in 0208 at the BB counter at Nordies and at the end...She felt I needed a little warmth. She said she was using the medium. I asked her why, and she said that the "Light" could be too yellow, and the "Neutral" was for fair skinned girls with pinker undertones than myself. She wasn't the best BB makeup artist as I've come to find out, but she was right on this one.

I don't even have to be careful with this bronzer...It is so tightly packed. It just gives me the warmth I need sometimes, and I don't have that fake look that all my other bronzers give me.

So all you Ivory skinned girls out there...Please give this a try. I think you'll pleased. I use this bronzer almost every day all over (emphasizing where the sun hits) and I make sure and use a serum and/or primer (I'm no young chick as you can see, and doing this helps me wear powders without any of the dryness) My skin looks really youthful and I finaly have color:)

HTHs:)

on 4/27/2008 4:13:00 PM

So my Aunt and I recently went to a beauty event in Nordstrom and the MA applied this on both of us. It was absolutely stunning and was immediately in my shopping bag. We both have light olive complexions and this color was perfect for our skin tone. Today I wore this alone with a little bronze eyeliner and it looked gorgeous. It will definitely be a staple once the summer comes around. Another great feature about this bronzer is that it's shimmer free. No gold flecks or glitter, which looks totally unnatural. This is by far the best bronzer I've ever used. Hoola was my favorite, but would always leave my face shiny by the end of the day. This is perfection and will continue to rebuy it in the future.

on 4/19/2008 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Perfect rose brown for my skin. Looks like I spent the day in the garden! No shimmer, no orange at all in this shade! Love it!

on 4/5/2008 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

First a BA recommended me Natural shade. It was too pink for my yellow undertone. I switched to medium. I am glad I did that. This Medium Bronzing Powder gives just right glow to my face. It is a keeper!

on 3/15/2008 5:48:00 AM

I purchased this because i had my makeup done at a bobbi brown counter and i loved it when it was applied. I kept using this bronzer on top of my foundation and I would apply some blush on top, and i didn't find it too amazing.. However, when i used my foundation and only applied the bronzer i loved it!! It has a natural glow, looks like i've been kissed by the sun. I like using just the bronzer now without the blush! Gives it a nice summer look!

on 3/12/2008 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I LOVE this bronzer! I just bought my 2nd compact and the first one lasted me 2 yrs! A little goes a long way, and I get SO many compliments when I wear this, about how great my skin looks and how I'm glowing. It's a very believeable, natural color, not orange or shimmery in the least bit, works well with my daily blush (MAC Melba). I was very afraid to wear bronzers before I tried this, but now I feel naked without it. Stays put for majority of the day and gives you that 'healthy' glow year round. I'm mixed Asian/German, with fair to medium OLIVE skin, and in Bobbi Brown foundation I'm Beige, if that helps anyone. Great product!

on 3/2/2008 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Well this is new... usually bronzers tend to look orange on me, but this one makes me look red... more like a sunburn than the pretty glow I was hoping for.The search for HG bronzer continues!

on 1/1/2008 4:29:00 PM

Im NC20 or 25 when I dont self tan and NC25-30 (depending on how many self tan layers i use) when I do. this bronzer looks good either way. I'm starting to hit pan now, so thats a seal of excellence coming from me :)
Not in the least bit orange, and a great smooth texture. I love to use it as a base blush with just a touch on my temples, etc. On me,,probably because I'm more oily..it wears a bit deeper after a couple hours, so I just apply a bit.

Popular Bronzers