Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder

3.4

on 9/23/2012 5:23:00 PM

absolutely love this!! great when you're on a budget since there's so much powder in it. definitely buying it again(:

on 9/22/2012 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My Mom offered to buy me a powder so I picked this one thinking it would offer coverage since loose powders offer more coverage than pressed ones. It offers NO coverage at all, it just made my face all sparkly and glittery. I returned it the next day. I would not buy this unless you would like to look like Edward Cullen's sister.

I got this product for $10 which is pretty good for a makeup product, I have fair/dry skin and it works great! It's like the perfect color and it smells nice, doesn't make you look cakey, I love it :)
eeeh i forgot about the packaging.....packaging sucks, threw away the little fluffy applicator because it doesn;t work good and it's pretty messy but i just use a regular makeup brush and tap some of the powder into the lid which is fine, just do it over a 'wipeable' surface guys. Not your bed, hahaha i learned that the hard way ;)

on 9/3/2012 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This powder smells like a mixture of baby powder, unidentifiable chemicals, and flowers. In other words, terrible and not worth wearing. It does its job of mattifying, but the smell is just so overpowering that I cannot imagine using all of this product up. The packaging is pretty crappy; the holes that are supposed to control the amount of powder that goes through are just too large. I definitely will not be wearing or buying this again.

on 8/27/2012 12:24:00 PM

This powder is really messy, I'd suggest people to get rid of the puff and use their own one. If you put just the right amount of powder on your face you'll manage to not make it look so cakey.I get annoyed with is when the powder gets on the cover and when you open it all the powder falls out.
The smell is nice though, it seems to me that's the only reason I keep using it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

PROS: This did control my oily skin! Imo, the smell is nice. It would also work as a highlighter.

CONS: MESSY! It's less messy if you put tape over some of the holes though. I really didn't like the puff in this, not useful at all. The color options are way too light! I'm not even that dark, and the Translucent Medium made me look so pale! This was very cakey, made my pores look huge, and made me breakout! The breakouts were probably from the perfume in this. It made my face look really pink too :P The quality wasn't worth what I payed for, not buying again.

on 4/15/2012 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because I really needed a loose powder to set my makeup for prom, and due to the spending norm of prom time I cannot afford to go to sephora or mac and get the usual things I would've so I decided to try this out. I'm in the shade translucent medium. It has clean strong smell while still in packaging, I like it, but I can understand why a lot of reviews say it's not their preference. Second, the packaging isn't anything special, nor horrible but the sifter does take out much more product that I need, but that's an easy fix as well. Best thing about this is I really only need a tiny amount to set my face compared to other more high end ones that I've needed to put much more on my brush. It doesn't make me look cakey, I really hate that too much powder face that I see on a lot of people. Also, it's easy to build up if more coverage is needed. Being honest for 8.99 CDN at shoppers drug mart (obviously would have been cheaper if I had time to go to walmart but oh well) it was a STEAL. I love it, and I'm going to be repurchasing when I run out. Why would I spend 20-50 dollars on a translucent powder when this does the job fantastically? I'm not a fan of CG products due to past experiences but eh, it's a hidden gem for me.

Update:
After having this product for over a year I realized this was wearing off easily and making my foundation look cakeyish. Not enough to look cakey for long periods of time but I noticed after trying my face products without it, it really didn't help control oil nor keep my foundation on longer. So it's more a powder that I had because when I started out I thought POWDER IS A MUST in terms of setting a foundation. I have realized it's kind of a waste an I'm happy that I didn't spend a lot, I'll use it up but won't repurchase

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I got this on sale for $5, and it works great. My Max Factor powder broke, so I was looking for an alternative. Over all it works great. I have sensitive skin and it doesn't irritate my skin at all. It doesn't make my face look cakey or oily. People have said in previous reviews that its shimmery, but I have not noticed this yet.

on 3/19/2012 7:21:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I bought this in the lightest shade offered, and it made my face look orange. Also, it had a very strong fragrance to it. It wasn't overpowering, however, and I wouldn't have minded it if it had actually looked good on my face.

on 3/12/2012 1:20:00 PM

I don't know what made me buy this but it wasn't worth it. It smells weird, made me itchy & the lightest color was pretty dark. It oxidized so much people were asking me if I used bronzer as a foundation for the day.

Recommended for Normal Skin