October 25, 2014 | 1776 users online

Loose Powders - Cover Girl - Professional Loose Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Rusalkah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Overall, I love the product. I just don't like the packaging. Before I even try to open the stinking thing I lightly tap it on a flat surface and slowly (VERY SLOWLY) I open the top to see if I got enough powder to just lightly coat the top of the sifter. This helps so when I just barely dip my dual fibre brush in to pick up a little bit of powder it doesn't make me look cakey when I smooth it out.

I use this on my T-zone and other oily areas and it does a wonderful job of not giving me a "white cast" if blended out correctly. It lasts pretty long and I absolutely love the smell. Yes, it is strong but I've gotten use to it!

Price wise, if you have a coupon or if this goes on sale... GET IT & TRY IT!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 8:02:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A really great product at a drugstore price.

I've tried both high and low-end loose powders and truly this is at the top of my list. Annoying smell aside (it doesn't linger), it really makes you look polished and the effect lasts for hours. Also, it doesn't make you look lifeless like some powders do. It can be worn alone or as a finishing powder with great results.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 5:17:00 PM More reviews by kitten14

All I have to say is that loose powder should not sparkle, which this does. I also have a hard time finding a single shade by CG that is not pink toned.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by topgun4ever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lets just start off with that this is a super great product! It doesnt look cakey, it looks super natural and it controls oil. It also has good coverage, sometimes if i am really lazy i just use it alone without my foundation and it looks great. The only thing i dont like about the product is the odd smell when you first open the package. Its not a bad smell, but it is strong, but when its on your face you cant smell it. But after a few days the smell kinda goes away. I really love this product!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by aLiiU10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like using Cover Girl's professional loose powder! My t-zone gets oily during the day, and when i use this, my t-zone is waay less oilier. :D
The only thing i don't like is that if u accidently sweep it off your face with your hand, it comes right off... but its powder so i guess that's just how it works?
What i dislike is the packaging!! The lid can easily come off, so be verry careful! I wouldn't recommend using the puff with it, but keep it in the jar/box thingy, cause it gets really messy without it...
i would really recommend this for people who have oily skin (:

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Bubblemonkey34

I love, love, LOVE this powder. It keeps the face matte, and controls oily & shiny skin. Its translucent and not cakey! Do not use the puff that comes with it, use the fluffy(est) brush you have. I like to use my eco-tools powder brush, it works great. I just dislike the packaging, not good for in your purse since I dont have the puff inside. But overall, the product inside is good.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by wolfiemistress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ok, so here's the deal on this powder. As far as cheap makeup goes, it's really amazing. I find that when using this, it never makes me look cakey. Although it comes with a powder puff, I really wouldn't recommend using it, instead apply with a makeup brush.
The only issue with this is that since it's powder, it's a bit messy if you're not careful. The packaging isn't all that great either, because the lid can come off easily at the worse times if you're not careful. So keep it in a compact compartment of your purse/makeup bag to avoid any spills.
I would definitely recommend this to people with oily skin, because it helps with shine better than any compact. It also doesn't clog pores, so that's a plus.
Overall, this is a really great product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by ariana76

i love this powder! i'm shocked to see so many people complaining about the smell, i think its quite nice actually. it smells very clean to me. anyway, i love that its so light and gives off a slight shimmer that isn't noticeable, but still leaves your skin glowing. the only con is that you need to apply VERY sparingly, because it could leave you looking a bit cakey. i feel this is a little hard because the filter tends to give off quite a lot of powder and the little fluff isn't any help. that's why i find its easier to apply with your own brush.i think the mac 134 is best for this job and works great for me. overall a great product and i would definitely repurchase!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by BabySparksmac

I really like this and i don't mind the smell its kinda nice it was the same scent as the OLD clean makeup which had noxema in it so i'm thinking thats where the scent comes from. It does have shimmer in it but i'm very particular about shimmer and i can't see any noticeable shimmer on my face. It gives a really nice finish to my foundation and I usually use it as an all over powder as my "foundation" and i really enjoy it. Its a bit messy so i recommend it if your okay with loose power and if you can stand the smell of like baby powder and flowers combined.....

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2011 2:30:00 AM More reviews by edelweiss7579

This does have a really strange odor. Its kind of indescribable. I've been using this since the beginning of high school (probably for about 7-ish years?) because my mom used it. I like it. I use it as a setting powder and I think it does the job well. I've never tried any other loose powder yet but I'm considering trying the E.L.F. high definition powder because it is said to the the Makeup Forever dupe. My sister used to use this and she didn't like because she said it felt heavy. I don't feel that way...I still use it almost everyday actually. I will most likely repurchase.