August 22, 2014 | 1999 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Milk & Honey Body Lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2010 10:11:00 PM More reviews by raspberrygalaxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This lotion smells terrible. It is really moisturizing, and it doesn't smell so bad in the tube, but as soon as I rubbed it into my hands I couldn't take the smell. I had to put a scented hand sanitizer on my hands to cover the reeking smell. But, on the bright side, the terrible stench of the lotion kept my hands away from my face, which I usually can't do. I will use it until it's gone, but I will not buy it again. Unless they change the formula so that the smell isn't so sickening.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by johnson81697

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this lotion! It absorbs quickly, goes on smoothly, moisturizes for a very long time! I never need to reapply, even on my very dry legs!! Yes this is now different than the original. The smell is a little different, but it is still wonderful. I found the original to be a little greasy, this one isn't! Plus, it is more natural than the original!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 6:40:00 AM More reviews by DazyDoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My first bottle of this was wonderful and when i ran out, i missed everything about it. The scent was warm and comforting, the moisturising effect was better than anything i had ever used. Now, being prone to very dry patches on my arms, i was always looking for the HG body lotion. I have spent a fortune and well, not so much on many other products over the years and this fitted the bill in more ways than one. As i live in a town that doesn't sell Burt's Bees, i just put off buying it. The other day, i bought a bottle online and sadly, i have to agree with some of the other ladies. This is a new bottle from a fresh batch, so the new formula is actually thinner than it used to be and yes, there is something minty lurking in the background and for those of you who used play doh as a child, you may want to think on that one when inhaling the 'milk and honey'! It used to sink right in but now it seems to sit on top of the skin a little, leaving a bit of a 'film'.
Having used it for a couple of days now, i can honestly say it still works extremely well. I have had to take off two marks for the minty play doh scent but hey, i think i might just get used to it!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2010 2:46:00 AM More reviews by catlover22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Mediocre results, not the best but it goes on easily and doesn't leave a residue feeling.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by hurricanenika

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had the kind in a bottle, and it was WONDERFUL. The smell alone was enough to keep me satisfied, it was so warm and comforting and lingered forever.

However, when I ran out, I went to get some more and they put it in a tube. Now, I don't know if they reformulated it or something, but the scent is not the same at all. There's a weird pepperminty smell covering the milk and honey, and the scent is absolutely GONE within the hour. This makes me so sad, as the original scent had special meaning and comfort to me. :-(

The actual moisturizing properties haven't changed, though- it's still a lightweight, non-greasy moisturizer, which is exactly what I need, because my skin on my body is normal and doesn't exactly need moisturization. :-)

The different scent saddens me though :-(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2010 5:57:00 AM More reviews by euristocrat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This wonderful, lightweight body lotion is ideal for the summer months as it sinks into the skin instantly. The scent of the lotion is absolutely divine and despite being lightweight, it does provide lasting moisture and nourishment. The ingredients, which are 98.3% natural, include an array of beneficial plant oils (sunflower seed, coconut and canola) as well as honey and beeswax to moisturise your skin the natural way. As with all Burt's Bees products, the price is very reasonable considering the quality of the ingredients. The only issue that I have with this lotion is that it does not provide enough moisture during the winter, when I revert to using Burt's Bees Thoroughly Therapeutic Honey and Shea Body Butter, which smells even more fabulous!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by hellokittyfan1974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this lotion this past Summer. It's more of a lightweight lotion which is what I need in the hot summer months because I tend to sweat alot after being out in the hot southern sun in just a few mins. I used this mostly at night before bed and in the morning. It's not super moisturizing but it is paraben free,pthalate free, 98.25% natural and the bottle is made of HDPE #2 that is also 90% post-conumer recycled and can be added to your recycle bin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2010 12:12:00 AM More reviews by aharb013

This lotion is pretty good for being mostly natural. It smells pretty good and the smell actually lasts better than lotions with synthetic fragrance. It also moisturizes pretty well and leaves skin very soft.

I feel like I am copying the reviewer below me in saying these last few things, but... I think I will have to use something heavier in the winter when my skin gets really dry...so it's probably a summer time lotion for me too. But I would venture to say that this is probably sufficiently moisturizing for all skin types except the very dry all year round.

I will repurchase because it is natural. If it wasn't, I would not repurchase as there are better and cheaper alternatives.

Note: This review also applies to the Aloe and Buttermilk Body Lotion, and probably all other Burt's Bees Body Lotions with similar ingredients.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2010 9:41:00 AM More reviews by rikasmith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Has an amazingly sweet sweet (almost like coconut) and leaves your skin feeling soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by retrotrash82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Personally, I love this as a summertime lotion. It sinks in quickly, and moisturizes well without being sticky or causing clogged pores or ingrown hairs. My skin feels soft and smooth when I use this, and looks more glowy and radiant. The smell is different at first, but fades to a really nice, subtle scent. It's a little more expensive as far as a drugstore brand, but pretty cheap if you consider what you'd pay for a similar product from Sephora or a department store.

I will say that because this is a water-based lotion without added ingredients like dimethicone, it doesn't moisturize as thoroughly as some other brands. If you're looking for intense moisture, it might not be for you.

Also, because this lotion is 98-99% natural, it does not have the same shelf life as other lotions. No chemicals means no preservatives, and an older bottle of this lotion may smell funky, feel tacky, be discolored, or in some cases, irritating. I have never really had any of these problems even when I've bought this stuff on sale, but I feel like people get used to the consistency and quality of other lotions and kinda forget that natural stuff doesn't have that same shelf-life and resistance to air.

If you're looking for a nice drugstore splurge, I say go for this. It's never really done me wrong, and I've been using it for years : )