April 23, 2014 | 2105 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Neostrata - Smoothing Lotion - AHA 10

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2007 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett_Canada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ouch, burn burn burn - ouch. For some reason this stuff burns my skin, my eyes and I can't stand to have a skin care product irritate my facial skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2007 3:51:00 PM More reviews by greenwood_faye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

wow! this is wonderful stuff. i had dreadful KP on my arms and its cleared it up completely after 3 days. the skin on my face is very sensitive and red yet this lotion was gentle and actualy helped reduce the redness. its left my skin smooth and blemish free, with no more horri breakouts on my chin. woill be a staple product from now on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2006 4:50:00 AM More reviews by verte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had combination skin that broke out every month. After a really severe chin breakout (the first and hopefully the last) back in late June had me looking and feeling disgusting, I asked for and received some Neostrata samples, one of which was this Smoothing Lotion. I'd never used AHAs apart from a bad experience with a Neutrogena moisturiser some years ago but was desperate enough to try anything that would make them go away. Thankfully the Smoothing Lotion, within a few days, had my skin looking much better and after buying a full bottle of the stuff I can say that it has worked better than anything I have ever tried to not only heal pimples and fade scars but to prevent breakouts. I would almost go so far as to say my skin is normal now- not dry, not oily, but supple and smooth everywhere with hardly any breakouts at all. I use this once a day or every couple of days, and sometimes I also use the Fading Gel and Gel Plus if I am working on a particular bit of skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2006 5:55:00 AM More reviews by Merryn

This is a lovely lotion. It leaves no residue and sinks in almost immediately. It does have a chemical smell, but given the high percentage of AHA that is to be expected. A very very effective exfoliator. After using for a month my skin was smooth and soft and had a noticible reduction is breakout and fewer scars. It isn't particularly cheap, but I would pay a lot more for results like this. I only use this every second night or so, I used it everyday for a period but it caused by skin to peel excessively. Wear sunscreen when using this product!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2006 9:37:00 PM More reviews by nanda

Wow, I rarely find products that work as promised (I hardly ever rate a product a 5 on here), but this stuff really works!! I've used it 2x/day on my upper arms to reduce my KP redness and bumps, and it's so much smoother. Yes, the little dots are still there, but they are way less noticeable and my arm is actually smooth!! The scent isn't wonderful--a bit chemically--but it dissipates very quickly and becomes scent-free. It's slightly sticky, but I don't notice it except on my hands right after applying. I don't think this is very expensive...I bought mine on skinwest.com and they had it for under $20 US in a 6.8 fluid ounce pump-bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2005 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Wonder78

This product is a amazing. I have bad habbits of forgetting to put on lotion, so I don't use it everyday. After about two to three week, I was impress with my skin sondition one day and I noticed is the effect of this lotion. My bumps in my arm was reduced. My skin is firm and very very smooth. The price is not the cheapest but I find it very reasonable. A little can be speard very far. Not like many lotion, it does not feel sticky or oil after you out it on. You do feel it is on your skin, it just desepear into your skin. It is wonderful.And I will defenitly buy it again and again. I will only use this for my body lotion from now on.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2005 7:31:00 AM More reviews by ollylu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product has saved my skin. After a very bad experience using skin bio products that resulted in red, dry, spotty, horrid skin, in less than a month of using this my skin looks clear, radiant and feels soft. I love it and after 2 months my skin has not broken out once.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2005 8:18:00 PM More reviews by plasticbread

The Neostrata Body Lotion, 10% Glycolic Acid with Vitamin E is an excellent product for anyone with Keratosis Pilaris (or Chicken skin, the bumps on upper arms and thighs). I have KP and use this lotion to help keep it under control. This comes in a pump bottle and does not have a desirable fragrance - but this product simply works. It is a bit pricey about $31.00 Canadian for a 240mL bottle. I will never stray from this product no matter how much it sells for.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2005 3:47:00 AM More reviews by escebola

This AHA body lotion does smoooooth my skin like no other lotion has. The packaging is lousy (i.e., a flip top bottle that needs a lot of squeezing for the product to come out) and it may be a little difficult to apply the product (the trick here is to apply it just after showering, while your skin is a little damp; the lotion will run fantastically in this case). A little pricey, but it's worth the try...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2004 2:55:00 AM More reviews by yukisanto

When I first started using this, my doc recommended twice a day, but it made my skin so tight and stretched. So I cut it down to every night, and it's been woking wonderfully well. No dramatic effects, but gradually i saw that my acne scars were disappearing and my friends commented that I had clearer skin. This AHA exfoliator also made it unnecessary for me to use a toner or scrub. Besides that, it's cheap too, only SGD$48 for 200ml, and I only need one drop each time, so it last me forever.

Edit 13/8/2011: I am still using it once a day, but I'm using it in the daytime now. Since it's photosensitive, I make sure I have sunblock on. It really fades my pimple scars (I have a tendency to sqeeze pimple) but you have to be patient, it takes a few weeks at least. What it does is to exfoliate the dead skin cells so that new unscarred skin will come up to the surface, and we know that skin renews only every 28 days the quickest. This is a keeper for me. You probably have to experiment how often you can use this. Use too much, and you end up with red irritated skin.