August 27, 2014 | 1967 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Neostrata - Smoothing Lotion - AHA 10

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2008 3:12:00 AM More reviews by cheekypwincess

What a great moisturiser. My first product and purchase from Neostrata and I will definitely be repurchasing.This leaves my skin so smooth and so clean. It looks noticeably clearer and less congested. When first applied there is a slight tingling sensation but this disappears after time. Great value as the bottle lasts for ages! Definitely HG!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2007 1:18:00 PM More reviews by ricerice

quite expensive for a drugstore product, but for what it does, it is well worth it. it tingles my skin quite a little, actually alot!, sometimes i just wanna scratch away at my skin (but i dont). it makes my skin super soft to the touch. im not sure if it has made my skin appear any different though. will be back to edit after using this for a longer period of time.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2007 2:36:00 AM More reviews by sparklemotion

I have only been using this for a week and I have already noticed some changes. I still have some pigmentation that my Vitamin C serum cannot seem to completely vanquish - this stuff seems to be lightening my damage. There is a definite change in my skin's texture - I have quite a few random bumps and lumps and these are looking better. Only caveat is that this stings like a mofo (but aloe vera on top helps).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2007 11:27:00 AM More reviews by littlebella25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this in a 6.8fl oz. PUMP bottle for $17.00 (Skinstore.com)--a little bit pricey for an unemployed recently graduated college student, but if it works, it works! The main website for keratosis pilaris suggested it!

Ever since I was a toddler (I'm 23) I have had keratosis pilaris rubra faceii on my cheeks, chin and eyebrow area and after three uses I've noticed less redness and more smoothness. I am so so so excited by this. (I've had like 5 pimples my entire life, so it is a shame I had to deal with this, when i could've had perfect skin)

I've tried literally everything else on the market (under $50) and NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING has worked like this! I was very skeptical at first, as nothing has worked before! (A dermatologist gave me retin-a and lachydrin and they only hurt me)

I also use eucerin plus intensive repair body creme and Atopalm in the evening, because the directions on the Neostrata say to use it only once a day for the 1st two weeks (then twice a day thereafter), plus I feel the atopalm and eucerin sooth my skin and lessen any irritating reaction my skin would have towards the Neostrata until I am used to the AHAs. I also take Flax seed oil, Fish oil and MSM supplements, as I was told that would improve my condition as well!

I have super super sensitive skin that gets red and itchy with any irritants, yet so far I've been nothing but pleased. NO PAIN! I wish I'd found this sooner!

My friend even commented that my arms looked smooth (after years of having those icky bumps!)

I'll update again after I've used this product for longer. As a side note, you only need a thin layer of this product. It does have a slightly weird smell but it isn't overpowering or strong.. its also a LITTLE sticky, but again, if you use a little bit, it isn't a problem.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2007 9:39:00 AM More reviews by kristymiyake

WOW! I love this lotion, I had a really bad break out a few months back and saw the raving reviews for this product and thought i'd give it a go, I use it at night and use olay total effects for blemsih skin during the day and I have only had 2 other break outs since and my skin is really smooth now. I am trying trying get rid of the scars but they have definately lightened since i began to use this lotion (i don't think the olay one helps with scaring) so hopefully another month or 2 i will be scar free. Love it love it love it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2007 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett_Canada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ouch, burn burn burn - ouch. For some reason this stuff burns my skin, my eyes and I can't stand to have a skin care product irritate my facial skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2007 3:51:00 PM More reviews by greenwood_faye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

wow! this is wonderful stuff. i had dreadful KP on my arms and its cleared it up completely after 3 days. the skin on my face is very sensitive and red yet this lotion was gentle and actualy helped reduce the redness. its left my skin smooth and blemish free, with no more horri breakouts on my chin. woill be a staple product from now on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2006 4:50:00 AM More reviews by verte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had combination skin that broke out every month. After a really severe chin breakout (the first and hopefully the last) back in late June had me looking and feeling disgusting, I asked for and received some Neostrata samples, one of which was this Smoothing Lotion. I'd never used AHAs apart from a bad experience with a Neutrogena moisturiser some years ago but was desperate enough to try anything that would make them go away. Thankfully the Smoothing Lotion, within a few days, had my skin looking much better and after buying a full bottle of the stuff I can say that it has worked better than anything I have ever tried to not only heal pimples and fade scars but to prevent breakouts. I would almost go so far as to say my skin is normal now- not dry, not oily, but supple and smooth everywhere with hardly any breakouts at all. I use this once a day or every couple of days, and sometimes I also use the Fading Gel and Gel Plus if I am working on a particular bit of skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2006 5:55:00 AM More reviews by Merryn

This is a lovely lotion. It leaves no residue and sinks in almost immediately. It does have a chemical smell, but given the high percentage of AHA that is to be expected. A very very effective exfoliator. After using for a month my skin was smooth and soft and had a noticible reduction is breakout and fewer scars. It isn't particularly cheap, but I would pay a lot more for results like this. I only use this every second night or so, I used it everyday for a period but it caused by skin to peel excessively. Wear sunscreen when using this product!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2006 9:37:00 PM More reviews by nanda

Wow, I rarely find products that work as promised (I hardly ever rate a product a 5 on here), but this stuff really works!! I've used it 2x/day on my upper arms to reduce my KP redness and bumps, and it's so much smoother. Yes, the little dots are still there, but they are way less noticeable and my arm is actually smooth!! The scent isn't wonderful--a bit chemically--but it dissipates very quickly and becomes scent-free. It's slightly sticky, but I don't notice it except on my hands right after applying. I don't think this is very expensive...I bought mine on skinwest.com and they had it for under $20 US in a 6.8 fluid ounce pump-bottle.