August 30, 2014 | 1011 users online

Crème - Dr. Hauschka - Translucent Make-up

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2008 2:19:00 AM More reviews by gerrylee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i like this. always repurchase online from germany. my skin has less clogged pores when i switched to this from drugstore brands like loreal/maybelline etc. definite improvement. it works like a tinted moisturiser and balances out my greasy spots. i use this along with the loose powder to set it and prevent transfer. it does not give much coverage, is not very long wearing and its difficult to apply eyemakeup/blush/concealer over it and the shades are limited. but i'll take this over any silicone chemical laden plastic for my health and improved skin condition.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2008 4:43:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Terrible terrible, do not buy if you have sensitivity to nuts of any kind! All these products are terrible and aggrevated my eczema so badly. The Naturopath lady was shocked at what happened to my skin using this range. I had the whole skincare line plus the makeups. cost hundreds what a waste. they say chemicals are the enemy but they have nothing on these so called natural ingredients. Absolutely no coverage either. Also no shade pale enough for ivory skins.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2008 10:37:00 PM More reviews by erica_bough

I have waited 2 months before writing this review. I have acne-prone skin and I would not reccomend any of Dr. Hauschka's products. I am going to use the same review for all of these products except the toner since they all have about the same effect on acne. BTW, I used the Cleansing Cream, Clarifying Toner, Rose Cream Light, Translucent 01 liquid foundation and powder. I LOVED all of these products for the first two weeks, and then I turned out to be one of the unfortunate ones that broke out with the tiny white pimples. I didn't mind since I knew that this was part of the process and I wasn't in any pain, nor did they show too much with a dap of makeup. I carefully followed the instructions AND talked to a Dr. Hauschka consultant over the phone. I stuck with it for a total of 8 weeks and gave up. I put up with very painful cysts for the last two weeks and couldn't stand it anymore. I think the oils were just too much for my skin and have switched to home remedies. They don't come in pretty packages, but it beats the pain. To my surpise, with a little internet research, my home remedies have been clearing my skin again. I hated passing this up since I really liked their philosophies and how my skin felt. I think, however, these oils are too much for me and I have made my own organic products to replace all of these (minus the makeup, but I will talk about that in another review - Gabriel/Zuzu Luxe cosmetics are next on my list for that topic). On the upside, this makeup looks very good on and I never had trouble with smears. My husband also said it looked very nice, fresh and natural. I would recommend using the powder over it to cut back on the shine from the oils. It is too bad this didn't work for me. Oh ya, the color wasn't quite light enough for my skin, so I don't think I would have stayed with it anyway.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2008 4:33:00 PM More reviews by drvogue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I agree with the other reviewers about the lack of matching. There are only 3 colors available and none of them were an exact match for me. I ended up choosing #2 and using it more like a moisturizing bronzer rather than a foundation (I have fair dry skin). I don't think it's too orange and it does have good staying power. It also didn't oil up like some other foundations tend to. It smells wonderful, kind of minty. I dislike the plastic tube it comes in.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2008 3:10:00 AM More reviews by crackedteacup

i got a sample of this from the local hippie feel-good store, and i loved it in the store and i even slapped on a coat to go the gym (yes i did. i am that vain). and it looked good in the gym mirrors after an hour of light working out. today i used it again the next morning and went to school... after three hours i was an oily orange mess, and it was almost completely gone. i'm pretty bummed because it smelled nice and it looked nice and all i want in the world right now is a natural liquid foundation that has good matte coverage and won't break me out. if anyone has any recommendations for products to try, please please let me know!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2007 10:04:00 AM More reviews by nicoa

I, too, turned to this product to experiment with more natural foundations. In the past, I have used, and been mostly unimpressed with Nars Balanced foundation, LM oil-free foundation, and Chanel Teint-Fluide Universal. I'm not sure what would constitute an HG foundation for me, I just know that I want something that evens out my skin tone, does not settle into my large pores, does not rub off within hours of application, and does not break me out every fourth day of use. After three weeks of using this product after moisturizer and ss, I can say that while I can't call it an HG, I like it better than most foundations I've used. For reference, I've olive-toned sensitive, oily skin. First, the pros: it evens out my tone, doesn't settle in my pores, does not rub offer (if set w/powder), and does not break me out in the least. Now, the cons: as noted below, it may be a challenge to match to skin color as there are only three color choices. That said, the makeup means what it says when it calls itself "translucent," so those three color choices probably cover a lot more skin tones than one would first suspect. As also noted below, the product has very little slip; once it hits the skin, it soaks in immediately. I apply it to my moist face in order to aid application. Finally, unless the makeup is applied after your moisturizer and ss have totally soaked in, and unless the makeup is set with loose powder it can promote oiliness. Overall, I like this product a lot for wintertime use, but I'm not sure my oily skin will be able to handle it come the humid summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2007 5:57:00 AM More reviews by benz909

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well i havnt actually bought this, but their make up artist did put this foundation on, and may i say it is one of the best i have ever used :) it gave me good coverage, feels smooth for the whole day too! hauschka is my favorate skin care brand, and now that i have discovered their make up, its definitley on my wish list! if you're interested in buying, go for it, it won't break out your skin either.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2007 12:50:00 PM More reviews by sun_p

Not a great match colour wise (they only have 3 colours) but you can make it work(ish) with enough blending. Beautiful scent, but it is quite heavy in moisturising ingredients so if you are prone to shiny moments then you will need a powder aswell to counterattack this effect. coverage is medium. Because of the purity of this product, I would love to make it work for me but its not that great because it makes me too shiney. I would buy it again though because its kind on your face, you can tell when you take it off at night you skin looks healthy and no breakouts either.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2007 4:36:00 AM More reviews by corinelyn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this over a month ago. it has the most beautiful scent. On its own it doesnt have much coverage and was not a great match for my skintone. However I mix this with my E.A flawless foundation that I bought ,and thought it was a little to dark and... I now have the perfect foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2007 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Tippchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been wanting to make the switch to more natural products and thought I would try out the Dr. Hauscka line. The powder was brill so I thought I would get the foundation and concealer. The foundation is a disappointment. It is very reddy/pink (I have it in shade number 3) and unnatural looking. There were only three colours to chose from but because it was sheer I thought I could get away with this one. I was wrong. The smell is lovely as is the texture but it just doesn't deliver any sort of results for me. Back to Mac for now!

EDIT: I would buy this again but only because I toyed around with it and found mixing it with another foundation for heavier coverage or a sunscreen for lighter. It is a product I only use on the weekend though because it would never have the coverage I need for work.