April 16, 2014 | 1854 users online

Moisturizers - Alba Botanica - Sea Plus Renewal Night Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2007 11:49:00 PM More reviews by berned_you

This is a very nice moisturizer for fall/winter/spring. It's very moisturizing without being greasy. It leaves my sensitive skin soft and supple. I wouldn't use it in summer though because it really adds moisture. It also has a very nice smell. Good stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2007 10:50:00 AM More reviews by rastaxcore

This is my HG skin cream. I use it at night now, with an SPF during the day, but it's super moisturizing without clogging my pores. It's hypoallergenic so there's no irritation. It's the only product that can give me a barrier in the winter months without making my face sticky. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2007 12:19:00 PM More reviews by vicky4041

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this cream. It has done wonders for my face. I have tried many more expensive creams and ones that claim to be the answer to all anti aging concerns. I can honestly say I have seen more results with this cream. You only need to use a little and as a little goes a long way. I have been very pleased with all the Alba products but I like this one best. Some folks complained about the fragrance but I think it smells fresh and clean. If you have oily cream, it may be too heavy for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2007 10:41:00 PM More reviews by saintsvalentine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I started using this when i severely dried out my skin using a shiseido sunscreen. I only used it at night - for one night - and the rough patches are gone. This cream hugely improved my dry skin predicament. I will continue to use this nightly to see if my skin will continue to benefit from this treatment. I am happy with the ingredients, and happy about the price. I paid about $15, and would probably pay twice that for this - though i don't want to, of course. i used to use alba botanica's oil free day moisturizer, but it was heavy and greasy esp under makeup. UPDATE: this was a good quick fix for my damaged skin, but i think it caused acne. plus, i could never wear this during the day -- too heavy. I like LUSH vanishing cream. it's the best I've ever used for my acne-prone skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2007 1:04:00 PM More reviews by withoutblinking

I loved this for the first month that I used it. It was slightly too greasy for my forehead, but perfect for the rest of my face. I started breaking out really badly in the second month, which stopped when I stopped using this cream. I also hate the smell! It didn't bother me in the store, but after a few weeks I couldn't stand it. Overall, it's not horrible, but definitely not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2007 3:59:00 PM More reviews by lisasurf1

very nice cream, moisturizes enough, absorbs quickly and does not break me out

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2007 6:43:00 AM More reviews by lizc131

This is a good cream but it does feel a little greasy when on. I personally won't purchase again but simply because I have found a cream I like better.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2007 6:32:00 PM More reviews by mondaysgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i've had great luck with this and use it on my normal to dry skin day and night. the packaging sucks but it goes a long way - i took a tiny sephora sample-sized bit on a 10 day trip and it's still more than half full. this might be too heavy for some in a hot summer (i live in sf) or with oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2007 9:31:00 AM More reviews by twotimes

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wish I had read the reviews more closely before I bought this product. It has great ratings on this site, but most reviewers seem excited by the ingredients and their potential, rather than by actual results. It is a very rich cream, good for night or winter if you have dry/normal skin, but I didn't notice any "renewal" or other positive results. I do appreciate the vegetarian ingredients and no animal testing policy, and unlike some other reviewers, I actually really like the smell: very fresh, clean and natural.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2007 11:50:00 PM More reviews by avalon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was so excited to use this product, based on the hype here, but it did NOTHING for me. First of all, other reviewers are right in saying that the fragrance, and I use that word loosely, is akin to something an old man might wear as an aftershave. It is unnecessarily heavy and too intense to be put anywhere near the face. Second, the product touts DMAE and antioxidants as being beneficial to the skin and might even make undereye circles disappear. Maybe I was expecting too much, but I think my dark circles got WORSE after using this product, and it didn't do much in the way of diminishing any little fine lines I have. I think this product made my circles worse because I had an allergic reaction to whatever fragrances they put in this stuff. Be warned, guys, it's incredibly strong. Overall, this has some nice ingredients in it that would cost 10 times more if it were a department store brand, but really, who cares if it doesn't even work?