December 20, 2014 | 1536 users online

Blush - Stila - Poppy Convertible Color

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2007 8:31:00 PM More reviews by hsiaomee

just like everyone else here said, SNOW WHITE! sure will last for a long long time. colour looks great on lips too. love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2007 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Mitsouko_Claire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was sick of using benetint, and I wanted something creamier on my dry skin. This is fantastic on my cheeks and really does give that 'snow white' effect! (I'm really pail and dark haired with green eyes, irish type colouring)
As other reviewers have mentioned, it's dangerously easy to over do it and end up looking clowney. I pat this on veeeery ligthly over powder, then seal with mac pink swoon powder blush, and it lasts all. day. long.
The packaging is seriously lovely, though i can't vouch for its toughness as It never leaves the house.
All hail CC

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2007 9:29:00 PM More reviews by swinginthelobby

I love this product! I'm a PPP and it only takes a dab to make my skin glow. It's a gorgeous red color, without being too warm for me. I love the compact it comes in, and it takes so little to apply that I'm confident it will last for a long time. I also love this on my lips with some gloss over it. Definitely a staple in my makeup bag.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2007 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Retrovertigo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

On days where I want cherry bitten lips, I reach for Poppy. I love that this CC actually works on lips. I find that my other CC, Petunia, works only on my cheeks. When applied on lips, Petunia tends to look chalky and unnatural, not so with Poppy thankfully. When applied as blush, Poppy leaves me looking like I just took a long walk in the snow. Something we don't see too often in San Francisco!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2006 2:28:00 PM More reviews by lirontocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Stila's Convertible Color is what made a cream blush convert out of me, and Poppy is the second CC I've tried (the first being Lillium). I normally stick to powder blushes, but this product is simple and comfortable to use. Poppy is a translucent, medium cherry shade (looks darker in the pan than it does on the skin). Only an extremely small amount is needed in order to provide good color payoff. Unfortunately, this shade does not work well with my light-medium warm skintone. Upon aplication, regardless of how much I choose to use, I get very bizarre looking "clown cheeks". This isn't the fault of the product per-se since Stila's CCs are wonderful, but I wouldn't pick this shade up again unless I was feeling exceptionally experimental.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2006 10:40:00 PM More reviews by bex487

This is by far the best lip/cheek tint I have tried. Unlike all the others, this actually works on both the lips and cheeks. It gives a beautiful flush on the skin that must work for so many skin tones (I'm an N4). I love pairing it with lip balm for a great just-bit-my-lips shade. I actually use it more as a lip tint than anything else because it wears so well and I'm not a huge fan of lipsticks or glosses for my everyday routine of going to class. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2006 9:56:00 PM More reviews by niferphoto

Love love love this! Poppy replaces Paula Dorf's candyapple as my holy grail blush. As stated below it looks brick red in the pan, but comes out as a cherry flush on the face. It gives you that "just in from the snow" look that I adore. I apply this with my fingertips - then I use my Stila all over glow powder compact in #9 (a nude shimmer) over top. I press a makeup sponge in the powder highlighter and just tab a touch on my cheekbones - and suddenly *MAGIC* - i'm totally transformed into a winter woodlands wonderland goddess. My new holy grail duo!!!
rave rave rave!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2006 3:45:00 PM More reviews by kimchimochi

This blush is the perfect rosy color. As other reviewers have said, it looks pretty scary in the pot, but once on it gives a really nice flush. Just remember that a little bit goes a long long way. I like it in winter to mimic the healthy "I've been out in the cold" glow when really, I've stayed inside being warm all day. The texture is also nice, it blends well and doesn't dry too quickly, so you can wipe some off if you've applied too much, and doesn't feel cakey or sticky once it's on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2006 6:40:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

poppy is the brightest deep cool red blush! it comes packaged in stilas usual pretty CC compact with a mirror inside. i have to be very careful with this color as it is easy to overdo it -- too much and i look like ive smeared clown paint on my cheeks. i dab my pointer and middle finger once, and then tap them gently into my cheeks before i start blending, and i get the most rosy flush. another plus is that unlike other CCs, this one has a gel-like consistency, as opposed to being creamy. because of this, it shows up translucent (again, like i said, when im not klutzy with the application!), and is easier to wear on the lips. also, unlike other gel blushes ive tried, this isnt sticky at all. all in all a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2006 12:39:00 AM More reviews by SisleyAus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This colour looks quite scary in the case, but once applied gives the most beautiful, 1950's-esque flush! A little goes a long way and it blends in so beautifully on bare skin or with a liquid foundation. I find it best to apply it before using a powder.