Stila Poppy Convertible Color

4.3

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Lanolin Oil, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'abeille, Microcrystalline Wax \Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcrystalline, Octyldodecanol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ozokerite, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isononyl Isononanoate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, BHT. /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Red 34 Lake (CI 15880), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985)

on 6/3/2007 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've had this for quite awhile but haven't used it much. The color is very pretty and easy to blend and the packaging is quite adorable, but unfortunately the ingredients are really bad and cheap:
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Lanolin Oil, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'abeille, Microcrystalline Wax \Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcrystalline, Octyldodecanol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ozokerite, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isononyl Isononanoate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, BHT. +/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Red 34 Lake (CI 15880), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985).
Castor seed oil first on the list? No wonder it feels greasy and gross after a few hours. I don't like the way the formula feels on my lips so I only use it on my cheeks, but my skin can't take me smearing oils on it very often. It gets a 3 because the color's nice, but I really wish they'd use better ingredients to match the pricetag.

on 5/20/2007 1:59:00 AM

Stila Covertible Colors have always been my HG cream blush.This particular one is warm cherry red tst gives that sunburned(in a good way!) look for my yellow skin tone. On pale skin I would imagine it having a "Snow White" effect. In a pinch, I can use it for my lips too. Love love love the packaging and the mirror. Will definitely keep buying it!!!

on 5/15/2007 8:31:00 PM

just like everyone else here said, SNOW WHITE! sure will last for a long long time. colour looks great on lips too. love it!

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was sick of using benetint, and I wanted something creamier on my dry skin. This is fantastic on my cheeks and really does give that 'snow white' effect! (I'm really pail and dark haired with green eyes, irish type colouring)
As other reviewers have mentioned, it's dangerously easy to over do it and end up looking clowney. I pat this on veeeery ligthly over powder, then seal with mac pink swoon powder blush, and it lasts all. day. long.
The packaging is seriously lovely, though i can't vouch for its toughness as It never leaves the house.
All hail CC

I love this product! I'm a PPP and it only takes a dab to make my skin glow. It's a gorgeous red color, without being too warm for me. I love the compact it comes in, and it takes so little to apply that I'm confident it will last for a long time. I also love this on my lips with some gloss over it. Definitely a staple in my makeup bag.

on 1/21/2007 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

On days where I want cherry bitten lips, I reach for Poppy. I love that this CC actually works on lips. I find that my other CC, Petunia, works only on my cheeks. When applied on lips, Petunia tends to look chalky and unnatural, not so with Poppy thankfully. When applied as blush, Poppy leaves me looking like I just took a long walk in the snow. Something we don't see too often in San Francisco!

on 12/27/2006 2:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Stila's Convertible Color is what made a cream blush convert out of me, and Poppy is the second CC I've tried (the first being Lillium). I normally stick to powder blushes, but this product is simple and comfortable to use. Poppy is a translucent, medium cherry shade (looks darker in the pan than it does on the skin). Only an extremely small amount is needed in order to provide good color payoff. Unfortunately, this shade does not work well with my light-medium warm skintone. Upon aplication, regardless of how much I choose to use, I get very bizarre looking "clown cheeks". This isn't the fault of the product per-se since Stila's CCs are wonderful, but I wouldn't pick this shade up again unless I was feeling exceptionally experimental.

on 12/26/2006 10:40:00 PM

This is by far the best lip/cheek tint I have tried. Unlike all the others, this actually works on both the lips and cheeks. It gives a beautiful flush on the skin that must work for so many skin tones (I'm an N4). I love pairing it with lip balm for a great just-bit-my-lips shade. I actually use it more as a lip tint than anything else because it wears so well and I'm not a huge fan of lipsticks or glosses for my everyday routine of going to class. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone!

on 12/18/2006 9:56:00 PM

Love love love this! Poppy replaces Paula Dorf's candyapple as my holy grail blush. As stated below it looks brick red in the pan, but comes out as a cherry flush on the face. It gives you that "just in from the snow" look that I adore. I apply this with my fingertips - then I use my Stila all over glow powder compact in #9 (a nude shimmer) over top. I press a makeup sponge in the powder highlighter and just tab a touch on my cheekbones - and suddenly *MAGIC* - i'm totally transformed into a winter woodlands wonderland goddess. My new holy grail duo!!!
rave rave rave!!!

on 11/21/2006 3:45:00 PM

This blush is the perfect rosy color. As other reviewers have said, it looks pretty scary in the pot, but once on it gives a really nice flush. Just remember that a little bit goes a long long way. I like it in winter to mimic the healthy "I've been out in the cold" glow when really, I've stayed inside being warm all day. The texture is also nice, it blends well and doesn't dry too quickly, so you can wipe some off if you've applied too much, and doesn't feel cakey or sticky once it's on.

Popular Blush Products