Victoria's Secret Basic Instinct

3.0

on 3/20/2005 12:14:00 AM

Very sexy smell. I like that it is a new scent. It will probably NOT be a staple scent. But I like it for now! Nice winter scent. But not too heavy.

on 3/9/2005 10:57:00 AM

I'm surprised at all the negative reviews on this one! I found it to be a lovely sexy, seductive scent. Then again, I've had a thing for patchouli lately. Love the packaging. It's fun and rather bling-bling! LOL! Scent lasts too. I think this is one to stay.

on 3/2/2005 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I know that this isn't one of those fragrances that everyone will wear. That said I like it. It's different than most everything I smelled lately, the bottle is nice and the scent lasts. It's a floral w/ some patchouli base but it's not a dirty patchouli. Nice for evening or colder weather. Edit: Having compared this w/ Prada and Narciso Rodriguez, basic Instinct is the same as Narciso Rodriguez on me w/ a thousand times better lasting power. NR on me disappears almost instantly and I've tried layering etc. It is also a bit similar to Prada but not as warm. I have the Basic Instinct body lotion I will layer w/ my Prada and will update if it's a good combo.

on 2/19/2005 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Bought this a few days ago, what was I thinking. WAAAAyyy too strong and perfumey smelling. And the scent lasted and lasted. How come that never happens with the perfumes I love?! Returning it to the store today, will exchange for something else.

on 2/2/2005 8:51:00 PM

If you like Angel, I think you may like this fragrance. Just didn't do anything for me. Way too spicy and sharp to me. Reminding me of Angel and Tabu.

on 1/22/2005 2:56:00 PM

Sorry to see so many poor reviews of this scent. I love it! It's deep and spicy, like Paloma or Coco. It reminds me of a long d/c scent by Avon called Everafter that I wore 15 years ago. It's definitely not a daytime or spring time scent. I don't particularly care for the packaging. A purple smoked glass cylinder? They could have been a little more creative.

on 1/3/2005 1:00:00 AM

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

When I first smelled it at a store, I was like WTF??? Smells like something my granny would wear. But then I got a bottle for Xmas and after smelling and "analyzing" the smell for a while, I decided that it's not that bad. While my bf feels neutral towards this particular fragrance, older folks (my mom, aunt and even dad) are delighted by it.

on 1/1/2005 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Basic Instinct is a strong, insipid floral fragrance that smells exactly like the Downy "Aroma Floral" fabric softener you buy at Mexican grocery stores.

I received a .25 oz bottle of EDP in a GWP, and after checking the VS Web site, was shocked to learn that the value of this .25 oz is $16! What an unbelievable price tag for something that smells so cheap.

You will be better served if you take your $32, $42, or $52 and buy three, four, or five bottles, respectively, of the fragrance(s) of your choice from Avon. continued >>

on 12/26/2004 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Definitely a love it or hate it type fragrance from the reviews! I love it! Very nice floral!! Romantic, and sexy! It has gotten me hooked on Victoria's Secret stuff now. After wearing this, and loving it, I had to return my Origins Fretnot- it was just too "sharp" for my nose. And the Ginger Essence was all wrong! Basic Instinct for those days you want to feel powerful and sexy- a woman in control!

on 12/26/2004 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Call me crazy but I love this! It's a warm sexy scent, a bit strong but it dries down pretty light and soft. I commented to my hubby that I liked this and he bought me a bottle of it for Christmas. I know I'll be after him for another bottle once I use this one up :)

Popular Fragrances