Versace Crystal Noir

on 9/26/2011 1:42:00 PM

I love this scent! Warm, Sexy- The amber notes really come out on my skin. My signature 'Winter' scent.. It is difficult to find the EDP tho.. I had to purchase the EDT and I never buy EDT's =(

on 9/17/2011 3:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Wonderfully unique and dark but uplifting at the same time you just have to try it to know what i mean :)

on 8/25/2011 3:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I have the EDT. The topnotes according to fragrantica (of which I am also a member) are: Ginger, Cardamom and pepper.

Mid notes are: African orange flower, gardenia and peony

Base notes are: Musk, sandlewood and amber.

Frangrance is a remarkable subjective thing. Although we can all agree on what a particular individual scent may be, once we apply it to our skin and our chemistry adds it's magic it has the potential to be different on each of us.

This is opening, mid and base notes of Gardenia on me. Massive white gardenia with peony floating in and about the Gardenia (with a capital G!).

It's pleasant and it's beautiful. Just not beautiful and very linear on my skin. Pity it is pretty.

on 8/16/2011 5:32:00 PM

this fragrance doesn't make a statement. It is sickeningly sweet, smells cheap and is very generic. Not a signature type of perfume.

on 8/6/2011 10:18:00 PM

Once I smelled this I HAD to get it. so sexy, and seductive. Such a great winter scent. the only downfall is that it gives me a bad headache.. So i spray it in my closet so that the scent fades and is slightly on my clothes. I wonder why it gives me such a painful headache! I would give it a chance, as it smells LOVELY! plus, I LOVE purple so I think the bottle is beautiful!

on 7/29/2011 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Many perfume bloggers tend to say "pass" on Versace fragrances and one can't blame them. Versace is yet to come up with a perfume that is "to die for," up there with the Chanels and Guerlains of the perfume world. I am not a perfume snob, I buy perfume based on what I like about it, the way it makes me feel and, the chemistry we have with each other. When I tried Crystal Noir, it was nice enough, good enough but not great. It was not a groundbreaking experience but I can live with it because the coconut/fig/tuberose hints works just fine with me. It smells like the love child of BBW's Coconut Lime Verbena and Victoria Secret's Dream Angels Heavenly perfume -- tamed. But the bottle. I could not stop staring at the purple and black curation. I imagined how it would look on top of my dresser. And so I went. :-)

on 7/21/2011 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Creamy coconutty gardenia at its best. Another masculine meets feminine fragrance along the style of Sensuous noir. Clean yet dirty at the same time. Rich and sensual - just screams "smoky eyes" - wear this with lots of eye makeup and a low neckline it just begs for it.

on 6/19/2011 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I originally bought Versace Bright Crystal because it was a very nice, sweet scent when I first sprayed it. But, after about 10 minutes it started to become sickeningly sweet. I smelled the Noir and I immediately liked it. It is definitely what I would describe as a seductive, heavy scent and you barely need to decompress the pump to get a sufficient amount. You barely need a spray on this one; it's very strong. This fragrance has amber notes and that tends to be very soothing and warm for me; it immediately makes me feel like I'm sitting by a fire with a glass of wine in a very cozy sweater--those are the thoughts it evokes in me. I really like this, but I would save it for either winter or evenings out. A similar scent for me is Lolita Lempicka-another one of my favorites, but it is also heavy and reserved for certain times. Overall, I like this but I'm not sure I would re-purchase.....
***Update: Wore this for the second time all day and I ended up having to shower it off. The scent is nice upon application, but after a while it started to smell way too sweet and even a little mature for me. This will be going back to Nordstrom.

on 5/31/2011 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Strong smokey coconut scent at the outset; drydown, on my skin, was eau de nail polish remover. Awful!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have a love/hate relationship with this fragrance. I'm undecided how I feel about it when I wear it, and here's why:

In my opinion, when I first spray the fragrance on me (usually on my neck, one spray) it is EXTREMELY strong and headache inducing. I sprayed it just this morning, and found myself looking for a Kleenex to wipe it off. My coworker also commented that my perfume was quite strong. When I first spray it, I get intense berry (pomegranate?) and pepper smells. Spicy, very strong and very intense.

Now, several hours later, the dry down is quite beautiful. Sweet, but not too sweet, spicy, smoky, luscious dark berry smelling. I'm not very good with notes, but this is what my nose gets. My coworker also commented that it smells better hours later.

I have also sprayed it on my pillows, and the dry down is beautiful as well. Extremely strong and cloying at first.

I usually spray my perfume right before I leave for work in the morning, so I think what I'll do now is spray it an hour or two before I leave, so I'm not knocking people (including myself) in the face with my scent.

You definitely don't need much of this fragrance -very strong, but the dry down is beautiful and sexy. The bottle is also gorgeous...I love the "amethyst" lid, and the bottle is a beautiful smoky dark purple with good weight to it.

Would I repurchase? Not quite sure --perhaps for nighttime/winter use only....I'll update if my feelings change, as I've only worn it 4 or 5 times already.

Popular Fragrances