October 1, 2014 | 1994 users online

Fragrances - Versace - Crystal Noir

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by sarahcurll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Once I smelled this I HAD to get it. so sexy, and seductive. Such a great winter scent. the only downfall is that it gives me a bad headache.. So i spray it in my closet so that the scent fades and is slightly on my clothes. I wonder why it gives me such a painful headache! I would give it a chance, as it smells LOVELY! plus, I LOVE purple so I think the bottle is beautiful!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Whiffnotes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Many perfume bloggers tend to say "pass" on Versace fragrances and one can't blame them. Versace is yet to come up with a perfume that is "to die for," up there with the Chanels and Guerlains of the perfume world. I am not a perfume snob, I buy perfume based on what I like about it, the way it makes me feel and, the chemistry we have with each other. When I tried Crystal Noir, it was nice enough, good enough but not great. It was not a groundbreaking experience but I can live with it because the coconut/fig/tuberose hints works just fine with me. It smells like the love child of BBW's Coconut Lime Verbena and Victoria Secret's Dream Angels Heavenly perfume -- tamed. But the bottle. I could not stop staring at the purple and black curation. I imagined how it would look on top of my dresser. And so I went. :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

Creamy coconutty gardenia at its best. Another masculine meets feminine fragrance along the style of Sensuous noir. Clean yet dirty at the same time. Rich and sensual - just screams "smoky eyes" - wear this with lots of eye makeup and a low neckline it just begs for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by vgirlygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I originally bought Versace Bright Crystal because it was a very nice, sweet scent when I first sprayed it. But, after about 10 minutes it started to become sickeningly sweet. I smelled the Noir and I immediately liked it. It is definitely what I would describe as a seductive, heavy scent and you barely need to decompress the pump to get a sufficient amount. You barely need a spray on this one; it's very strong. This fragrance has amber notes and that tends to be very soothing and warm for me; it immediately makes me feel like I'm sitting by a fire with a glass of wine in a very cozy sweater--those are the thoughts it evokes in me. I really like this, but I would save it for either winter or evenings out. A similar scent for me is Lolita Lempicka-another one of my favorites, but it is also heavy and reserved for certain times. Overall, I like this but I'm not sure I would re-purchase.....
***Update: Wore this for the second time all day and I ended up having to shower it off. The scent is nice upon application, but after a while it started to smell way too sweet and even a little mature for me. This will be going back to Nordstrom.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2011 12:03:00 AM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Strong smokey coconut scent at the outset; drydown, on my skin, was eau de nail polish remover. Awful!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2011 12:49:00 PM More reviews by TroubleMaker21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have a love/hate relationship with this fragrance. I'm undecided how I feel about it when I wear it, and here's why:

In my opinion, when I first spray the fragrance on me (usually on my neck, one spray) it is EXTREMELY strong and headache inducing. I sprayed it just this morning, and found myself looking for a Kleenex to wipe it off. My coworker also commented that my perfume was quite strong. When I first spray it, I get intense berry (pomegranate?) and pepper smells. Spicy, very strong and very intense.

Now, several hours later, the dry down is quite beautiful. Sweet, but not too sweet, spicy, smoky, luscious dark berry smelling. I'm not very good with notes, but this is what my nose gets. My coworker also commented that it smells better hours later.

I have also sprayed it on my pillows, and the dry down is beautiful as well. Extremely strong and cloying at first.

I usually spray my perfume right before I leave for work in the morning, so I think what I'll do now is spray it an hour or two before I leave, so I'm not knocking people (including myself) in the face with my scent.

You definitely don't need much of this fragrance -very strong, but the dry down is beautiful and sexy. The bottle is also gorgeous...I love the "amethyst" lid, and the bottle is a beautiful smoky dark purple with good weight to it.

Would I repurchase? Not quite sure --perhaps for nighttime/winter use only....I'll update if my feelings change, as I've only worn it 4 or 5 times already.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2011 7:21:00 AM More reviews by Morelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i adore this product. i was surprised by some bad reviews but then i understood why. each fragrance isn't for everyone. crystal noir suits me as no other fragrance does. i think my body's natural smell takes out the best of this fragrance. that's why many friends of mine bought it after smelling it on me and were disappointed that it didn't smell the same on them. i have also a friend that wears it a lot but i think it smells kind of cheap on her.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 11:52:00 AM More reviews by benzippo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What is a great perfume?

Well, most importantly, I have to loved it and this is definitely one of them.

Secondly, it has to be unique and has its own character and identity and this is one of it!

Thirdly, it has to have immense sillage and lasting power on the wearer which actually depends alot on the individual body chemistry and this one lasts and lasts on me!

Now, my take on Versace Crystal Noir. The fragrance is unique which is unlike the bunch of "please llike me" types of girlie frangrances flooding the market which is so very common and un-iteresting and ended up each one smells just like each other which is to me, plain boring...yawn....

It is very rich and thus, be forewarned, is definitely not for the faint hearted and the un-adventurous types.

Whatever accord is is composed of, whether is is coconut, amber or whatever..this is a great frangrance to wear especially you are in an elegant gown where those "please like me" types of fragrances will be most un-appropriate for the occasion as this frangrance oozes "class and elegance".

All in all, a great great frangrance where the market may not be too ready to embrance due to its heavy accords.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by gigi27

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sharp, cheap coconut. No redeeming qualities.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 8:02:00 PM More reviews by maybellinegirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i got this perfume for Christmas and also i got versace bright crystal also i really like crystal noir its a really spicy dark sexy perfume it does have a coconut kind of smell but it selts down nicely for me it think its pretty strong scent and i love the bottle design with the big crystal lid my signature scent for now i will diffidently repurchase again when i finish my 90ml bottle
AMAZING PERFUME well done Versace