Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 1/18/2015 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I am a lip product person. As I've mentioned in other reviews, I am constantly battling flaky, dry lips year round. I love trying all different lip glosses, chapsticks, and balms. The problem is, my lips usually end up super dry and bad after I've used certain products and not burts bees in awhile (Except buxom glosses). I always go back to this and my lips are significantly improved within 24 hours. If I'm diligent about applying it every day my lips will be the best they can be. I've been using this stuff for about 8 years and have purchased countless tubes. I use other burts bees products that also work really well for me. The original medicated blistex spf 15 in the teal colored tube was my original favorite, but this stuff is a bit better and longer lasting. I'm enjoy the cooling effect on the lips and the minty smell that makes my breath super fresh. My boyfriend and I have to label our own tubes since neither of us can live without it if our tube got misplaced. 😁

on 1/18/2015 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I am neutral about this product.
I like how it feels on my lips but I have others I think work a bit better and cost a little less too.

on 1/17/2015 12:50:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Awful, awful on my lips. Initially the peppermint tingle feels great, but as soon as the product is gone off of my lips, they feel even worse than they did before. Before I realized this is what was irritating my lips, I Keir applying it to alleviate my chapped lips, and they got so bad they cracked and bled. This is definitely a very YMMV product though, because this formula is my husband's HG lip balm. We have tubes of it in every room of the house, it seems. At least he doesn't have to worry about me stealing them anymore ;)

on 1/12/2015 10:12:00 PM

Yes, buy this bad boy!! It will keep your lips moisturized, and it's glides on clear. I like the peppermint flavor, it's great. I still love my Vanilla Mint Chapstick, but I keep one of these by my bed and in my bathroom.

on 1/11/2015 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Coconut Pear, by Burt's Bee's lip balm is MY FAVORITE! I'm obsessed with coconut. This balm smells like a coconut popsicle and is very moisturizing. It keeps my lips moist. Its the only balm that lasts. When I went back to the peppermint balm, I found the peppermint one doesn't work as well as the coconut. I will definitely go back to my Coconut Pear soon. It also goes well under lipstick.

on 1/9/2015 10:39:00 PM

This product actually dries out my lips, I've tried it off and on for years and Blistex is still my number 1!

on 12/27/2014 7:06:00 PM

The best. Not greasy and very softening.

on 12/20/2014 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I always get the tin version of this, and its great! I love the peppermint scent, its very invigorating and it really helps with chapped lips. Ive repurchased this about three times, and i just love that its all natural. Definitely my favourite lip balm.

on 12/16/2014 8:54:00 AM

I've had cases of chapped / dry lips. have tried so many lip balm brands - body shop, khiels, shiseido, etc and i've never repurchased as they always end up too oily. Now, I am on my 3rd stick of burt's bees beeswax lip balm and am using it everyday - my lips are never chapped / dry anymore, and the minty smell is so comforting. would recommend to anyone.

on 12/16/2014 12:44:00 AM

pros:
- nice smell
- nice packaging

cons:
- oily/greasy formula
- dries very fast... requires constant reapplication
- does not hydrate/improve the lips much at all

Top Rated Lip Treatments