Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 6/30/2014 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love Burt's. I love Burt's with a passion. But I loath the original beeswax balm with every fiber of my being!
The smell is ok, but it creates a lot of lip-drag. This stuff is like attempting to moisten your lips with a smooth rock. Once applied, it feels waxy and SOMEHOW makes my lips feel drier. Like popcorn-with-too-much-salt shriveled, and dry.
I adore Burt's non-mentholated balms. Like the Replenishing Pomegranate. Pomegranate and I are homies, but keep that awful original formula AWAY from me.

Stumbled upon this at Target and bought it on a whim this past winter since I need a lip balm to hydrate my lips. I couldn't find Chapstick or Lypsyl and the medicated Blistex with spf was drying my lips out. I thought Burst Bees lip balm with peppermint oil and vitamin E would be cheap in quality; however, I was pleasantly surprised when this lip balm worked wonders for my lips. They are no longer dry or chapped and the peppermint scent reminds me of the original Bonne Bell peppermint lip smacker lol although this one is slightly stronger. The peppermint plumps my lips while moisturizing and overall my lips have a pink glow to them. Love this product & will r/p. Wears well under lipstick and lip gloss too. If I skip a day w/ out using this balm , my lips still stay moisturized; with other lip balms my lips would be so accustomed that if I missed applying it , my lips would be very dry and chapped. I love the peppermint scent too!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Keep at bedside. Love the minty smell and light tingle feeling on lips. Repeat buyer.

This is my daytime lip balm!! It's super protecting and tingly from the peppermint. I love it during the day, but it's not good for people who have really dry, chapped lips it's more like a "keeping the moisture in" product. I still love it though, I use a more moisturizing lip balm @ night that I keep next to my bed >.< and the next morning I just use this and it's so great and cheap I love this stuff =)

on 6/23/2014 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is by far the best lip treatment there is!! I put this on before I go to bed and my lips are still hydrated in the morning... It's also not too shiny which is awesome for guys!! And best of all it's super cheap :-D xx

on 6/22/2014 9:36:00 PM

It works well but the peppermint is just too strong and I don't like how it stings when you first put it on. I prefer using the other scents/flavors.

on 6/21/2014 11:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

pros: refreshing scent, barrier for harsh weather
cons:not overly moisturizing, hard texture due to beeswax

i might repurchase but the other burts bees are much better! although i feel like i mightve gotten a bad one, who knows.

on 6/19/2014 6:16:00 AM

This lip balm is slightly overrated,first off it is a white hard kind of lip balm kinda like lip smackers but worse,it has an overly minty and cooling scent to the point its like toothpaste whoch might be good or bad,it is very sticky and people with dry lips say that its good not because its hydratihg coz its not,its because the vitamin e and peppermint oil kinda kills the pain in their lips and stops bleeding

on 6/15/2014 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This lip balm is weird, it's okay for already-moisturized lips. But NOT for chapped, dry lips in need of extreme help. It has a tingly, minty feeling to it which can plump lips. Iand it's also super waxy and gives a dry finish which I hate

on 6/13/2014 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I cant believe some people are writing good reviews bout this chap stick. do your own survey and ask people you actually know how they felt bout this chapstick..guaranteed their response will be negative...first off this you have to keep applying this darn thing every minute..and it doesn't feel good wearing it. doesn't smell good either.

Popular Lip Treatments