September 23, 2014 | 1833 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Kinda Sexy

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by MeMe16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am NC 45 and the color is beautiful on me! Its appears very nude on me but has a slight pinkish look. I see that the color appearance varies from skin tone to skin tone. This was the first lipstick color i ever bought from MAC and i still use it til this day!! ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by lylalies

I'm in love with the color, but the lipstick is just too drying (I know its a matte) and as much as I want to use this lipstick I don't because it just makes my lips look very dry. I have tried to use a lip balm underneath and its a bit better, but not that much. The color if perfect, but if you have even slightly dry lips I think it would only make it more obvious. I like the luster finish better.

Update: I've been using Bobbi Brown Ballet Pink 13 in the formula Sheer Lip Color. It's not sheer at all, but it is creamy and very comfortable to wear. I think Ballet Pink is actually a good dupe or replacement for Kinda Sexy. I know it's more expensive, but if you like the shade this Bobbi Brown lipstick is a good option.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by waterlili818

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

kinda sexy is beautiful on my golden olive skin tone ....absolutely beautiful...it wears for hours....highly recommended! I like it with boldly bare lipliner

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 6:52:00 AM More reviews by Ievonne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mac is not cheap in Europe (1 lipstick is around 18 euro = $ 25,97 ), but Kinda Sexy is worth it :-)! Great colour :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Selina_c

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

love this lipstick. when i first started buying MAC lipsticks i chose all the extra bright ones (snob, saint germain, lady danger) etc, but now i've realised that it's the more neutral shades that i actually wear. i recently got this lipstick in a swap and it's so flattering and lovely, a perfect 'my lips but better' shade as i have pigmented lips. haven't stopped wearing it since i got it! i'm probably NC20-30 at the moment thanks to a bit of fake tan but i still think it would look good even if i was my natural NC15! highly recommended.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by noddy154

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Definately not what i expected. it appeared to be a sort of nude pink colour but it pulls off as quite coral/orange (im NC25). However it is still a nude which is what i was aiming for but it is nothing special, it has no wow factor. Also because its a matte lipstick, some sort of lip conditioner needs to be applied first otherwise its hard to apply and looks awful. Another thing is that if you have dry lips it will look even worse with this lipstick. It is a pretty colour and ive tried to love it however when i wear it theres something off about it, it does something weird for my complexion. For those who were looking for a nude pink colour as i was, you should try modesty. they look almost identical in the tube but when applied modesty has more of a pink tone

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2011 4:40:00 AM More reviews by latina72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

is not a pinky nude color.. is orange.. make your teeth look yellow.. not what i expected.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by SareenaS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I decided to try this lipstick after seeing the reviews/swatches on MUA. I am NC40 and this colour looks gorgeous. It really brightens up my face. Its not a nude colour but its subtle enough to work with smokey eye and is office appropriate. It actually makes my lips look plump and kinda sexy! The matte formula is drying and I usually stay away from it but I found this to be creamier than other matte formulas. I still need to put some lip balm before to keep it from making my lips look dry. I like this colour so much that I think I might wear it on my wedding day!
UPDATE: I did wear this on my wedding day and it was the perfect colour! It really flattered my face and made my lips look gorgeous!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by dcappelut

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Completely matte!
Pinkish Nudish.
Looks great on my NC30, yellow toned skin.
Have to exfoliate lips before using this, so lips look nice and smooth (but then again lips should be exfoliated before usage of all matte lipsticks).
Definitely my one of my favorite everyday lipsticks!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by pencilpleat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If there ever was such a thing as a brightening nude lip colour, this would be it.

On me (NC37/40 neutral-yellow skin, pigmented lips) Kinda Sexy is a coral/peachy pink nude (I'd think an MLBB shade if my lips were less pigmented).

I love the shade, and the finish (matte) but being matte it tends to be drying. I still won't knock off a lipstick for that though because this problem is easily overcome by priming the lips beforehand with a lipbalm (rub lipbalm, continue with makeup, blot lipbalm with tissue and apply Kinda Sexy). Layering a lip primer underneath it should also help, as I have found MAC's Prep + Prime Lip to be helpful with preventing dryness and helping the colour stay on longer.

I get compliments a lot wearing Kinda Sexy so i will keep buying it for sure!

ETA: I'm on my 6th tube of Kinda Sexy. I just LOVE it.