April 20, 2014 | 1618 users online

Treatments - Desert Essence - Dessert Essence Blemish Touch Stick

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2008 6:59:00 PM More reviews by plumeriapassion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Smells awful and doesn't affect my pimples in any way. They just grow as usual, larger and larger!

I'd recommend using 100% undiluted tea tree oil if you have severe acne. I'm doing that now and it seems to work wayy better.

Also, by applying it with a Q-tip, you don't have liquid running around on your face.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2008 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Kelly610

Wow. I am so glad I came across these reviews for this product or I probably wouldn't have known it existed. Like many of those that are acne-prone, I've tried SO many products...and some of them actually aggravated my condition further! I was ready to just give up. I bought this shortly after I read the great reviews and now I get to write my own great review on it because it has contolled my breakouts to a minimum which is rare for me. I apply it over the areas that I am most prone to breakouts both morning and night and I have seen quite an improvement. All I have currently is one 'active' bump and the rest is scarring from previous ones. At night, I also apply 2.5 BP to the stubborn ones and I think the mixture of tea tree oil and BP has been a great way to zap them overnight. I also use Olay Regenerist Daily Exfoliating Cleanser and I think that helps to shed dead skin cells for more clarity. I have found this regimin to actually work and be much more affordable than the 'high-end' product lines I have tried at Sephora (they've all gone back to the store).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2008 9:44:00 PM More reviews by SummersGC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My mom used this product after the local herbalist recommanded this product for her bikini bumps after shaving. My mom used this product for a month, and her bikini line cleared up perfectly.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2007 9:44:00 PM More reviews by orangemississippi

I haven't had any major acne since I began using this, and that is amazing for me. It does not make your skin perfect instantly, but drastically shortens the life of your zits before they get huge.

So I have really gross acne scars on my cheeks and forehead that make my skin look awful regardless of how many actual zits are on my face. So it took me a while to realize how much this is actually working. But now I consider it to be the best thing I've ever used on my skin.

It isn't terribly expensive, but there isn't very much either. But I'm ok with that, because I wouldn't want to spend a lot of money on some huge product that doesn't work.
Thanks to all of you who wrote reviews, because without you I would never have known about this product. I love this website!

EDIT: this has way irritating ingredients in it-alcohol (2nd INGREDIENT!!), multiple fragrances. i'll only use this when my acne gets really awful & i'll try to use it up. will not repurchase. decreasing rating from 5 to 2.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2007 9:25:00 AM More reviews by kims3142

I have very oily skin with some cystic acne that is prone to dry flaking skin. I am currently using their Jojoba oil to combat dryness and it is working wonderfully. After my great experience with the oil I decided to give the Blemish Touch Stick a go and was even more excited about it after I read the reviews here. I have tried tea tree oil about a decade ago, but didn't really notice a big difference. It was one of those Body Shop diluted numbers. I also read that using undiluted tea tree oil can burn your skin with adverse efeects. As I know myself, I tend to over use things in time of desperation, like when I get a pimple and load up on BP. So I decided this slightly diluted version was better for me than the full strength so I would not burn myself by using too much of a good thing. Well, I am very impressed. This completely reduced the size of the cystic acne as well as reduced the pain. I get those under the skin, deep, painful and tender things and sometimes, they don't go away or come to a head for up to two weeks. I got one last week and it was a doozy, about a centimeter in diameter, but now it is completely flat. I'm always left with red marks after a pimple heals, but this one didn't even come to a head. It just got smaller and smaller until it was gone. I used it A LOT. After coming home from work, I would wash all my makeup off and apply the roller ball about twenty or twenty five times until bed time. The next morning, I could really see the difference. This process took about three days. Normally something of this size and tenderness would have taken about a week to come to a head and I would steam my face and than squeeze the little sucker out. And then wait another two days or so for the scab to heal . This was so much better. I don't mind the drippy roller ball because I like a lot of medication on my pimples! Very afforable and smell is not so bad. It does dry out your skin a bit, but the jojoba oil helps with that. You must try this, I have tried all the infomercial stuff-Proactiv, Murad, Pat Wexler-as well as AHA, BHA, BP, Sulfur, but this is the only spot treatment that works. It stops the breakout in its tracks!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2007 8:50:00 PM More reviews by hollyjackson

Wow i put this product on two zits that popped up in the morning and than put my make up on and went along for the day and those bumps went way down. B.P has never worked as good. Sulfur used to work very good on me but i think my skin started to tolerate it and this blemish stick along with 100% tea tree oil and tea tree oil with Awapui face wash. Love love tea tree oil. Just hope my skin doesn't start to tolerate it. Try this stuff out though. Works Fantastic!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2007 1:31:00 AM More reviews by danerly

I really like this blemish stick. It dries zits right up without drying out your skin. Whenever I have used this on a blemish, within a day or two, the blemish has shrunk down to almost nothing. Some people might not like the smell of this product -- it is a bit strong and may smell a bit medicinal. However, I sort of like it. It has a strong herbal scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2007 12:00:00 PM More reviews by rainbodragon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I dont really like the roller ball design, sometimes its hard to get it started, and you have to make sure you are holding the container upside down which is annoying. That said, once its on, it works great. It shrunk up the godzitta I had on my cheek by half overnight. The moisturizer I was using clogged my pores so I used this all over my cheeks and the next morning they were much clearer and my pores had shrunk back down. Even my SO who HATES all my skin care stuff (says it stinks) used it on a pimple and and it shrunk overnight and she said it wasnt painful anymore. If she can be convinced, it must be great. Give it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2007 1:50:00 PM More reviews by cnazario

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't do a lot of reviews but I just had to say something about this product. I was desperate for a product to control my breakouts which I was especially prone to a week before my period. I'd been using a Neutrogena blemish cream since I was teenager but noticed it just wasn't effective anymore and was very drying. I saw this product in the health food store and decided to give it a try. Like other reviewers I was amazed at how well it worked. It helps heal pimples and prevent scarring while also helping to prevent future breakouts. My husband hates the smell (kind of herbal medicinal) but it's actually grown on me. I use it daily especially in the T-zone. I also wanted to add that it is also excellent on bug bites. I live in Hawaii where mosquitos can be a problem and putting this on the bites helps them to stop itchiing and heals them faster. I kind of like the roller ball applicator but it can leak if not kept in an upright position. I keep the one in my purse in a small plastic baggy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2007 1:25:00 PM More reviews by gemhorse16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been on MUA for awhile now and have yet to find a product worth reviewing...until now! I had actually first tried this product about 4 or 5 years ago and I honestly can't remember why I stopped (maybe the smell?). I decided to give it a try again a few months ago when I saw all the great reviews here and am so glad I did. The smell is a bit off-putting, but my nose eventually got used to it. Anyway, this product is amazing. The directions say to use it 5-6 times daily. Personally, I think it varies per person b/c I only use it 2x/day and get great results; I carry the product everywhere I go and put the product on the pimple itself and on areas that are prone to break-outs. I used to consistently have at least 1 monster pimple around my chin and cheek area. After using this for a couple of months my skin is pimple-free; even my husband has noticed the difference (he said my skin has been glowing!)and now as his own blemish stick. The product does sting a little when I put it directly on a pimple, but I'm willing to put up w/ a little pain to get great results. I'm just finishing up my first container and will definitely be buying another at my local Trader Joe's (this is also available online); you can't beat the price! FYI, my skin is oily/combo, mostly oily on the T-zone and tends to get a tad drier in the winter. I'm using this blemish stick in conjunction with Laventine's Olive Forte cleansing oil (also fabulous!) and Neutrogena's Healthy Skin moisturizer with SPF 45. I love this stuff! Go out and buy it...it really works!