October 1, 2014 | 1322 users online

Crème - Chantecaille - Future Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by joedalton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best foundation I've ever used. I use the alabaster and it's a perfect match, makes my skin glow and because of the ingredients I don't feel guilty if I'm too lazy to take off my make up at night. It has light to medium coverage so for evenings and special occasions I use something else(MAC studio fix foundation). The only problem is that it has no SPF and that's inconvenient for an everyday foundation. I layer it over a very light SPF moisturizer, it tends to get quite heavy with thicker ones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by lurketylurk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have nw15 skin and purchased this in alabaster - it is an excellent match for me. The texture is thick and when you put it on it seems like it will be difficult to blend and heavier coverage but it actually blends like a dream and is quite light. I feel like I'm not wearing any foundation with this on. It does not settle into fine lines or emphasize pores and it lasts all day for me. The only downside to it is the jar packaging - a tube would be much better and more sanitary.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by golightly

I hate that this product works so well for me, because it is hideously expensive. Other people have described the gel-light, creamy, easy to blend texture, the buildable coverage, and the not very hygienic container. It's moisturizing, with a luminous finish that slightly mattifies (I think) and minimizes the appearance of pores. It does tend to pick up dry patches and the wear isn't the greatest, although when I take off my makeup at night there's still foundation on the cotton. I alternate between this and the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, which is a far less "grown up," polished look than this foundation.

It's the only foundation, however, that I remove at night and find that my skin looks *better* than it did in the morning, so, well.... good skin the basis of all good makeup!

I wear Camomile in this, and am Mac nw20, and laura mercier TM in nude.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 10:03:00 AM More reviews by TiaGia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm probably on my 5th or 6th jar of this stuff. I've been using it for about 2 years, after having switched over from Laura Mercier. I have rosacea and olive skin and it's very hard for me to find a good color match, much less a foundation that does not break me out, turn me red, give me bumps, or just melt off my skin during the day as I live in a humid climate. This stuff is the best moisturizer I have found and meets all my needs. It goes on beautifully and more importantly, it lasts all day long with a perfect glowing finish. It covers all my redness and I use Sand which has a warm yellow base that matches my skin color perfectly. My other makeup goes over it perfectly and I find that I don't even need to use a finishing powder over it. The jar is a bit annoying but to keep it sanitary, I use a Q-tip to pull out the foundation and dab it onto a foam wedge sponge or my favorite Beauty Blender sponge and apply it with that. I am not a fan of applying make up with brushes because I think it tugs the skin and also leaves a streaky finish that shows in the light. I much prefer a sponge application. For some reason, the jar does not really last that long. I think it dissolves on its own and I find that with daily usage, it lasts me about four months. The foundation goes on the skin great but for an even more polished look, I apply mositurizer (Dr. Hauschka) and on top of that Boscia Primer, and let it sit for a few minutes before I put on the foundation and the final look is fantastic. I'd highly recommend this stuff. I think it's well worth the price if looking good in your makeup from morning to night is important to you. For people who say that it's not as good for dry skin, I'd suggest using a heavy moisturizer in the evening so that you don't need to lubricate your face so much before your makeup application. I slather on the jojoba oil at night and wake up hydrated and dewy so I need much less moisturizer throughout the day. This stuff is great. Give it a try!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 8:16:00 AM More reviews by mcdermon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I ran out of this foundation recently so decided to try some cheaper alternatives. Big mistake. This is the best foundation I have ever used. I cannot claim to have the best skin in the world but I love the way that this makes my skin look and feel. I know that the pot is impractical and that it is very expensive, however I feel that it is worth the expense. I originally bought this in a SpaceNK store when they had a lovely Chantecaille make-up artist in store. She chose me my ideal shade (Ivory) and told me how to apply it for the best result (she said it needs to be "stretched" so I only ever apply this with a brush (I have an old MAC one that looks like a shaving brush which I use to sweep and rotate to get an even finish)). You do not need to use much and it should definitley not feeel heavy. If it does you have used too much. I have to say that since using this I have become a real fan of their products so I also use the blush (Emotion) and the new Powder Brush thingimy. The overall look is luminous but real. The colour stays true all day (as I find a lot of foundations, even pricey ones, get darker or oxidise over the course of a days work). I, like other reviewers, have to blot at lunchtime and I have to use a separate concealer for spots - but this is the best foundation I have found overall. Too expensive to guess the shade though as I thought I would be Camomile but the make-up artist said that it would have looked wrong and it could have put me off completely!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2010 8:56:00 AM More reviews by VB10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a difficult review to write; I like it but I don't love it; I haven't a better product just equivelants; I have now had 3 of these that I use alone or mixed with Armani Luminous Silk and will probably buy again until I find a foundation to fall in love with. This is why;

I am very fair, english rose, in skin tone and there are very few brands that offer a colour pale enough. Porcelain in Future Skin is the best colour match I have found accross any brand ever.
As other review say it is light weight and only a little more than a tinted moisturiser. I find the coverage looks patch when applied although as it soaks in it does even itself out. I like the texture and with my combination skin the essence of the product does work for me. I find it doesn't last well and I certainly wouldn't wear it alone on days where I am out and about in a city and need good staying power, even with powder. I mix with Armani Luminous Silk no2 for a slightly heavier coverage and for winter days when I need lasting coverage Armani Designer - this is too heavy for combination skin in the summer but does work for me in the winter when mixed, just this would be too heavy for my skin to cope with and they don't offer a very pale colour so I do need something to blend it with.
Back to the Chanticaille; It works, It is the best I have found, I am still searching for my perfect foundation be it summer or winter.
Try it if you want light coverage and if like me you find it very difficult to find a pale tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by saintsvalentine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation I've ever used but I still use studio fix over it. It is best for very dry skins, in my opinion. I have tried using my favorite mattifying lush moisturizer with this (minimal oil content) but it always looks luminous, which is nice, but I feel like it makes my skin look oily. So I blot over it with studio fix powder. I guess I wish this foundation had a more normal or matte appearance. I have dark undereye circles, redness, and acne scars, so I like to use makeup that can soften your imperfections and create a nicer skintone/more even, less blotchy, and so on. I can use this alone, and my skin looks better than ever, but very luminous!
Why I like this makeup: 1. Matches my skin tone. I have hard to match pale neutral skin tone. Other colors are too yellow, too pink, or too dark. I got this in Alabaster and it's matches perfectly. Online it looks like Alabaster would be a fair pink shade, but it's actually a pale neutral (neither too yellow nor too pink). 2. I'm glad this is oil-free, though it feels like it does have oils in it; it's very emollient. I actually apply a single layer all over, then dab more foundation over the areas I would normally use concealer, even under my eyes. Once it dries, it stays put pretty well in some areas, other areas need touching up. 3. This makeup costs a lot, but you get a lot in a full-sized jar. I imagine a pot could last you a really, really long time. I only use on sections of my face: forehead, around nose, cheeks, chin, and only use small dabs of it, then apply more as needed. Amazingly, this provides sheer to full coverage. I like using my fingers to apply rather than a brush.
CONS: this may cause serious breakouts if it isn't washed off throughly before bedtime. I've had some minor bumps and blemishes since using this, hopefully it won't get worse or it's something else causing breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by ziggy_medusa

Me: NC15-20 with olive undertones. I wear Future Skin in Alabaster.

Pros: Natural satin finish with light to medium coverage. More on the light side I would say since I do definitely need to still use concealer under my eyes and around my nose. It does layer quite well to medium coverage however. I prefer to use my fingers to press the product into the skin. It can be a tad cakey with a foundation brush. If applied right, it doesn't look "foundation-y" instead it just looks like natural healthy skin on my dry skin in the warmer weather. Fragrance free with a simple ingredient list. Doesn't irritate my very sensitive skin at all. Wears well and doesnt transfer or fade through the day.

Cons: I can't get away with wearing this product all year round on my dry skin. It is too matte and shows up flakes in cooler Autumn and Winter weather. Nonetheless it is a great finish on my dry skin in Summer and thats why I love it. Expensive and not widely available. Chantecaille does not retail here in Australia so I do need to purchase from the US. It retails for around US$65 which is definitely not cheap but if there is a good exchange rate at the time, it isn't too expensive compared to Australia's usual marked up cosmetic prices. Really dislike the jar packaging due to hygiene concerns but since nearly all creme foundations are packaged in this way and they are my favourite formula, I have come to terms with it.

Overall a lovely luxurious product for my sensitive skin with a beautiful natural finish, a true warm weather HG!!! Just wish it was a little bit cheaper since I go through a jar in a little over 3 months with daily use. I definitely ticked repurchase since I am in fact on my 2nd jar now.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 7:13:00 PM More reviews by janetgrace

I adore my GA Cream to Powder spf20 but it is really best for night, although, it shouldn't have an spf. Future Skin give me the exact look I need and want. Just a bit of brightening to the face, clean and sophisticated. I dip here and there, depending on the day ahead. No oxidation, color match of Shea is perfect although, I am light and dark in some places. Because of it's gel formula, I strongly suggest 2 things....apply directly after moisturizer ( no oil in product) and take your time with a color match. It goes on much lighter than it appears and I believe this product is to enhance,not flatten ones skin tone. It is by all means, no mask. Don't be fooled about a color online and in the jar. I have dry skin and I wanted an oil free bc I wanted to use my HG moisturizer. Another moisturizer product is going overboard. LM TM just slides off, This has the same effect as a TM but with holding power. Lovely product and an unusual one, too.

7/25/10 Unfortunately back to Nordstroms it went. Due to the gel formula it made my face look greasy in this humid weather. Not good and may be more suitable for winter.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by bebejacket

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is everything I wanted TM to be: Even out skin tone, without hiding my freckles. I love the glowy natural finish I get with this. The wear is excellent, around 12 hrs for me. Kind of the same, with or w/o primer.

When it does wear off, it does so very naturally, doesnt leave "patches". I wear C/NC40-NC42, in MAC fdtns, and was matched w "Wheat" in Future Skin.

This is good if you have relatively good skin condition, and just need to even out the skin tone. Its oil free, so I find it looks more natural sitting on top of moisturized skin.

Packaging is tragically one of the worst. A JAR?! Not conducive to keeping it sanitary or travel friendly! I use a teensy spatula to take out some product. I dab it on w fingers, and use brush to blend/sheer out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No