December 18, 2014 | 828 users online

Sunscreen - DERMAdoctor - DERMAdoctor Body Guard Exquisitely Light SPF 30 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2005 4:27:00 PM More reviews by neicy81

I really like this.I put this on right before I went out in the sun and it really protected my skin from tanning.It's not greasy and sinks right into my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2005 11:13:00 AM More reviews by MisseKast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this stuff!! It does leave a slightly shiny, glowly look to your face but it feels really nice on your skin and I find my makeup and concealer blend so much better after applying this. Paired with Teasezone and this, I was outside all day in 90 degree weather and my sister kept asking why I wasn't sweating and shiny! For me...these products are a miracle, defnitly my holy grail although they are pricey!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2005 12:27:00 AM More reviews by suchitra45

Just got this and it seems to be working great. It's not too greasy and doesn't cause breakouts (so far). May be too soon to tell. **Update** A little too drying for my skin, so I'll save it for summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2005 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Fhorn

This is a great sunscreen. It doesn't make skin feel greasy. It calms skin and doesn't cause breakouts. I like that it has green tea in it. Avebenzone does give a "glow" to skin but if you don't like that look you can just apply powder over it and your skin will be perfectly matte.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2005 9:23:00 PM More reviews by arwyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was not very pleased with this product. It stung every time I applied it for a couple of months but my skin eventually became immuned to it. Within a couple of hours of application, my skin was very oily. Although it is a good makeup primer, it didn't seem to protect my skin from the sun very well. I seemed to tan easier. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2005 11:10:00 AM More reviews by lthai

i have a new HG sunscreen. i used to use skinceuticals daily spf 30, and knew that the zinc oxide was clogging my pores, but i couldn't find a better alternative to give full-spectrum protection. this stuff keeps me matte, doesn't contribute to clogged pores, goes on smoothly, and works! i'll get used to the avobenzone smell. a must have to prevent aging of your beautiful face! *UPDATE* just not working for me...makes me shiny and sticky.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2005 8:51:00 PM More reviews by vanbergc

Oh Jeez...I've found a new line to love. This is THE best sunscreen! I've been applying this over multi-layers of "stuff" with which I often get oily during the day, but not with Body Guard. I've been using TeaseZone also, and together they stay clean and matte all day long. I should say this intially goes on with a little shine, but then dries down nicely. I had been using mostly Clinique SuperDefense, which is itself a nice product, but Body Guard is truly superior. I'm so impressed by DERMAdoctor products!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2005 9:16:00 AM More reviews by lovetoread

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this sunscreen! I used many brands, both expensive and drug store and this is by far the best. I have oily skin and all the other products made my skin feel oily or smell. After this one dries I can't tell I have it on. The secret is to put it on and then let it sit a few minutes before putting on makeup base. I usually wash my face, put on the sunscreen, get dressed, and then put my makeup on. By that time the sunscreen has really dried and absorbed into the skin. I wear it daily, winter and summer. Once my makeup foundation is on, you can't tell I'm wearing sunscreen. This one is also good because it is a full spectrum sunscreen and protects against both UV A and UV B rays. Highly recommended....just remember to let it dry before putting on foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2005 10:08:00 PM More reviews by skayce

I like this sunscreen. It is oil-free, fragrance free, and SPF 30. There are also little "extras" in it like green tea. Great for acne-prone/sensitive skin. Although it does not have a matte finish on me-it looks pretty shiny once applied-I just use a little powder, and I'm fine. But this entire line is great. Dr. Kunin's website is an excellent source of information. UPDATE: This is a great sunscreen as long as you do not put makeup on afterwards. For some reason, my makeup gets very "pilly"(?) when I put it on over this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2005 2:34:00 AM More reviews by blushin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Like this stuff. Use for days I'll be outside. Use EL daywear for combo skin for makeup/indoor days. Both are great for my breakout prone oily-ish skin. Few product perform like this one. Have repurchased serveral time. Really into this line.