November 25, 2014 | 1755 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Merle Norman - Luxiva Sheer Defense Tinted Moisturizer

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2006 4:15:00 PM More reviews by IceSkater_JG

This didn't do enough coverage. Maybe I got the wrong color. It seemed to cake over my skin and make it look flaky and gross.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2006 6:26:00 PM More reviews by themama23

Love it! Gotta say I never thought a tinted moisturizer would give me enough coverage and also not break out my combination skin. This is a great product I used last summer (went back to regular foundation for winter - more coverage required for me then) I am going to by it again in the next month or so. If you find it a little shiny (like someone else posted - IT IS a moisturizer) just top it off with a good powder where you need it before heading out. I tried both the BAre and Nude shades and didn't find a big difference - I could wear either of them on my fair complexion (I choose not to tan - should have choosen before I hit 30- better late then never) But the Tan and Toffee shades were way too dark for me and did look orangey on my skin tone - it is still best to choose a complementary color as if you you were buying foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2006 4:43:00 PM More reviews by makeupmaven63

Love this! Feels light on my skin, good coverage. I generally use this in the summer when I go for a more natural look or if I am in a hurry (I have a lot of freckles).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2006 4:29:00 PM More reviews by julieamber0

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I did a top choices search for tinted moisturizers and merle norman's luxiva tinted moisturizer came up as the highest rated. I got it today and it is amazing, perfect coverage, perfect texture, not greasy at all, makes skin feel soft and look even toned. I love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2006 8:10:00 PM More reviews by aet5935

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product.. I have very oily, acne prone skin, so most moisturizers do not work for me.. But, this product is great. I use it with ultra powder if I want some more coverage. But it is light weight, oil free, and sheer. It's excellent for all skin types, and it goes on smoothly! I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2006 7:20:00 PM More reviews by anitabeaver

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My morning face routine goes like this: wash with a little Cetaphil, use a little 8% AHA PC, a little Vanicream 35, and then a tinted moisturizer. But theres the problem. I had the hardest time finding one that didn't grease up my face or make me look like an orange or say it was a tinted moisturizer and ended up being a light foundation and made my dry patches around my nose look like hell. Then I saw the reviews on the boards for this product and I went and bought it and I have used it almost every single day since I've purchased it in November and I still love it. It covers well, doesn't flake out my dry patches, and I haven't broke out once! My HG TM. Finally.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2005 11:42:00 AM More reviews by divafx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm going to have to be the odd one out and say that I didn't love this foundation.
It felt itchy and kind of greasy on my skin and the color turned orange on me. I expected some moisturization or at least some evening of my skin tone but got neither. By the end of the day my skin was so itchy and felt so grimy that I felt compelled to do a clay mask to get rid of that grimy feel. I really didn't like this product. It felt like I had forgotten to wash my face all day. If you have very dry skin you might like that feel but for someone with combination sensitive skin, i'd say steer clear. The worst thing about this foundation is that I bought it while visiting family out of state. When i tried to return it in my state, the Merle norman's here wouldn't take it back because they are franchised and would lose money giving me back my money on a product they didn't sell me. I then attempted to ebay it only to have my auction targeted by Merle Norman's corporate office and removed. They refused to give me an explanation as to why mine was taken down and several others remained up. There's no way for me to get my money back on this one because every time i put my auction up (i even tried copying some of the auctions they continually leave up) Merle Norman corporate takes it down. I have a VERY strong suspicion that the ones left up are people from home office selling returns and overstocks and that they don't want any competition from general consumers. I checked the copyright laws and I was not infringing on any of them. I think as far as customer service goes, this lines home office leaves much to be desired. They don't seem overly honest in their dealings with the public. I used to be a devoted Merle norman fan but there are several lines out there who provide much better customer service and carry the same type of items. I won't be re-stocking my kit with their products and i definitely won't be repurchasing or recommending this foundation.

13 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2005 12:28:00 PM More reviews by leaf

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this! I have tried two other brands of tinted moisturizers, not recommended here, but by friends. I hated them both. So, as I know, Makeup Alley never lets me down, so I tried this based on the reviews. I LOVE IT!!! Its not greasy, but it gives a nice dewey complexion, so you have a little glow, not an ash/pasty look. Its blends right in, no need to let it "dry" like others. Just lovely lovely light but effective coverage. This will be bought over and over again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2005 5:33:00 PM More reviews by divadeluxe

Wonderful tinted moisturizer with good coverage, comparable to Laura Mercier tm. This is another great product from the MN line, it is expensive but it is rather concentrated and a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2005 7:19:00 PM More reviews by trhicks

Love this product. Been using for about two weeks and I really am loving this. My skin is very dry and this in addition to my regular moisturizer in the a.m. works great for me. Just a light amount of coverage but basically for evening out my redness. Does a great job of it. Love the squeeze tube packing, great for travel.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No