October 1, 2014 | 1571 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Almond Castille Soap

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2007 11:59:00 PM More reviews by yearoftheliger

I've been using this soap for years and would recommend it to anybody! My boyfriend says it makes me smell like a cupcake. I also use it to hand-wash clothes, and diluted with water in a spray bottle for cleaning around the house. Also, the bottle is a trip. . .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2007 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Alicina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG!!! I love this stuff. (If my score looks low it's b/c I'm not in love with the weird hippie-ish packaging. But whatever, it's worth it for the product) Awesome body wash, amazing smell; moisturizing (even in this extremely harsh freezing winter); makes a milky, scented bath; gentle enough to cleanse my face with; natural and free of parabens and other junk that cause cancer and such. After cleansing with this I moisturize with pure coconut oil and I smell good enough to eat--literally!! My dogs today couldn't stop licking my feet and ankles after my bath! :) p.s. I bought the pepperment scent for my hubby to use in the shower; he loves "tingly" things and this fits the bill for sure. We'll see what he thinks!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2007 12:05:00 AM More reviews by thaliaucla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this liquid soap! I am very glad I happened upon this at Long's Drugstore in the organic section. I was looking for an organic liquid soap to refill my b&bw foaming handsoap dispensers in the kitchen and restroom. I put 10-15 quick squirts in the empty containers and fill it up with warm water. This is a nice mild soap and cleans well. I prefer the almond scent the most compared to the lavender, tea tree or peppermint. The almond is very mild smelling and slightly sweet not strong like the others. If you are ever in a pinch this makes an excellent toothpaste! I use two pumps of the foam from my dispenser on my toothbrush and it's nice. Very cheap too! I definitely wouldn't recommend this as a shampoo as it seems it would be drying. I have yet to try it to wash my delicate clothes but I bet it would work nice. Enjoy :o)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2006 2:28:00 AM More reviews by Kuuipogal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Smells delicious in a clean,sweet,almondy way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2006 5:04:00 PM More reviews by kak513

After cautiously circling the website for a few days, I gave in and bought a few bottles of the castille soap, almond being one of them. I find myself using it on my body everyday, and on my face several times a week. It has a gentle lather, and isn't as harsh as the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash I'm used to. I have pale, sensitive skin, and this doesn't do any harm, nor am I super tight-skinned after a shower like I am with Dove products. Sometimes I mix it with a small scoop of baking soda for a good scrub. I don't bother to dilute it--I just use 3-4 drops for my face, and several drops on a pouf while I'm in the shower. I did try it once as a shampoo, but the results were icky--clumpy, tangly hair like when I attempted to use the Burt's Bees Shampoo Bar. I had to re-shampoo.
The scent is accurately almond without being too sweet, and it doesn't linger on my skin...but I wouldn't mind a bit if it did.
I have found that sniffing the bottle for the scent (almond or otherwise) doesn't really give you accurate results of what it smells like. I think these all smell pretty disgusting at the concentration they're at in the bottle, but once mixed with water, they all smell delicious.
Oh! I almost forgot to mention that I use this to clean both the kitchen and bathroom floors. Wonderful! I try to not use scary chemicals since I have two cats, and this does the trick.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2006 7:55:00 PM More reviews by queenakrene

This si my favorite Dr. Bronner's soap. I love love love the scent of this soap when bathing with it. It smells like cake to me and is very calming. The only problem is that the scent does not stay after the soap washed off, but i guess that's a good thing since it's supposed to be all natural. As usual it doesn't irritate the skin and does not leave behind residue.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2005 1:12:00 PM More reviews by jenno2007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Yay! Ridiculously nice price, and can be used for any kind of soaping need, and will almost certainly be better than the non-natural equivalent. Less drying as a hand soap, makeup brush cleaner, body wash, and shampoo if I'm in a bind!

Hemp almond is a really low-key, not overbearing scent, I follow up with a hemp oil hand/body lotion, put on my fragrance, and the latter is what I mostly smell. Biggest recommendations.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2005 5:11:00 PM More reviews by cccb

Devine fragrance, this liquid soap makes you feel clean without drying. I filled the soap containers on every sink in the house - after a couple of weeks my husband (who notices nothing) asked me what it was, he had been enjoying it also, and said although he loves the Dr. Bronner peppermint soap he's using in the shower, he'd like to replace it with the almond when it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2005 11:12:00 AM More reviews by trishcat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I for one LIKE the almond smell! And I like the bottles, so there. Dr. Bronner's is a responsible company... they sponsor a camp for underprivliged children, use no animal ingredients or animal testing. This stuff can be used for soap AND shaving, which would save money in the long run. I like the liquid soap much better than the bar soap. The bars tend to break off in chunks. Plus I like to have something to read in the shower! Rinse well! Don't drink soap! OK!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2005 8:45:00 PM More reviews by GreekGoddess77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

the labels on the soap bottles...eh, what can i say. takes all kinds. dr. bronner's almond castille liquid soap is my HG of soaps. i cant rave about the smell, but it is the least offensive, i think, of all the other smells. and besides, the scent doesnt stay with me after the shower so that's good. but i put it on my exfoliating towel and scrub myself down and i'm squeaky clean, and i LOVE that feeling. it doesnt irritate my skin, and more recently, i've realized it make a GREAT alternative to soap or shaving creams/gels. when i shave, i'll lather up with the soap, pop on a new blade on my mach 3 power (men's razor, not the woman's kind--they always suck), and i'm getting the best shave ever with NO razorburn. Love it, and now that i think about it, i'm almost out so yes, i will buy this product again!