August 23, 2014 | 1149 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Fructis Sleek and Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Lemmiwinks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff's the best! And cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by gleamyeyes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It defiantly works! Ive been using it for nearly a year now and I'm only half way done the bottle. I use it every time I get out of the shower. It is quite messy on your hands, because if you're anything like me you're going to have hair fallout wrapped around your hands. My hair is course and wavy and I feel it really tones down the frizz and adds a beautiful shine and smell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far I'm loving it, it makes my hair glossy, shiny, and makes my ends look smooth (really helps fake healthy hair by one swipe). However, its still slightly greasy for me, I can only use this on the day I wash my hair, and next day I cannot use this again or it makes it too greasy for day two. I have to use a lighter shiny spray on the 2nd day, I cant use this two days in a row, unless I wash my hair again. However, its great for the first day.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by jstehr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've been using this for years now, and I just love it. I have strangely dry hair (even after I shaved my head and had virgin hair for a year, it was still stupidly dry). I use this product after a wash, and once my hair has been dried. I really love the smell, I love how it gives my hair a nice glossy finish, and keeps those darned dry split ends at bay. The price this product is just awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by abbissfabb

Smells great. I use use this on my strait hair everyday-even when I don't blow dry. It makes my hair so sleek and well, shiny!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by christinadanise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Argh. No. This "anti-frizz" went right back to Target! A huge disappointment. It did absolutely NOTHING at all. There was little to no difference. I put a little on and my first impression was, "Wow! This stuff is GREASY!" Once it's on your hands, it's like a Slip 'n' Slide! No matter how little you (try to, because the pump spews out A LOT) put, it feels like a ton is stuck to your hands and a lot of it never really makes it into your hair. The only upside was that it made my hair shiny, from the greasiness. I have since replaced this item in my "hair box" with Garnier's Curl Calm Down Cream, which I love. I won't repurchase this, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2012 1:42:00 AM More reviews by xsteph95

I am liking this product a lot! Makes my hair very smooth and great smelling. The product is heat-activated so I'm pretty sure you would get the best results by applying minimal amount to your hair before blow-drying. My hair is dry so I don't really see or feel any oiliness in my hair. The product does get a bit messy to the hands but that's not much of a complaint. Will repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by reeksp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the newer formula with argan and apricot. This product was very impressive! For 4 dollars (not even on sale!) it left my hair soft, shiny and not weighed down! I love that it has a thinner consistency so it doesn't build up that fast. The smell is so yummy! Fruity and fresh! Will definitely repurchase if I ever run out. (you get a TON of product!)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Dimplesgalore

I use to use Garnier products in H.S. Probably because I had yet to develop a decent defense against advertising and their commercials were really hypnotizing with all the long beautiful hair being swung all over the place to catchy music. Looking back now, I really should have stopped using their stuff sooner, it did nothing for my hair and smelled really really strongly of chemicals and "fruit". I haven't used anything from their product line in ages, but when the argan oil insanity hit the scene I figured I would give it a try. Cut to me in the shampoo/conditioner isle at a store Robbin Hood would probably like, and this caught my eye. I was hesitant until I turned it over and read the list of ingredients, argan oil was 3rd. I couldn't believe it, all most every other product claiming to have the magical healing powers of this exotic oil had it waaaay to far down the list to be of any real benefit. I took a sniff and was surprised, not your typical G smell. It was mild and dare I say, nice?

I took it home but even with the glowing reviews could not bring myself to use it, less it leave my hair greasy and limp. I did eventually use it, not bad. Not great, but not bad. Did it de-tangle my hair? Sure, but no more than any other non argan product. I don't really have a big problem with frizz, my BS length wavy hair is rather low maintenance so all I really need is some tangle prevention. It was just ok. I do really like the bottle, the new less spherical shape is great and the pump makes it easy to dispense the right amount of product. However, I won't keep a so-so product just because of the bottle, so it went back. I gave it a good amount of time to prove itself, and I even went as far as to use my blow drier a few times just to see if that made a difference (I rarely use heat tools).

So, 2 star product but an extra star for the bottle and the fact that argan shows up so high up on the list.
Although, that could just mean 99.9% of it is the first 2 ingredients and the rest make up the 0.1% since the list is just in order of amounts, and there's no way to tell what those amounts are. If it works for you that's great, but it did nothing for me.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

This product didn't do anything. Didn't keep frizz away & it made my hair oily/greasy. Never buying another Garnier Fructis product again, I hate this whole line.