NARS Angelika

4.4

on 1/7/2011 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

I'm an AAB with a medium-cool toned complexion during the cold months, and tan in the summer. I absolutely LOVE this blush. I own two NARS blushes, Angelika and Orgasm, and I found myself reaching for Angelika a lot more often. It looks very sparkly on the pan, but not so much when it's applied. Just a very subtle shimmer - that seems to fade away (I do have an oily complexion). Just like any other NARS blushes, the color stay on all day. A little bit goes a long way, and make sure you apply lightly.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

A fabulous blush for cool, fair skin tones. It's a matte pink with tiny silver sparkles in it, just enough to give a little light to the cheeks. Like all NARS blushes, it wears very well and because of the translucent quality of the pigments it mimics the natural flush of skin. This one looks smashing on me!

on 1/4/2011 10:40:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

This is a gorgeous blush! I purchased this from the NARS website without even seeing or swatching it beforehand...I got it based strictly on the rave reviews on MUA. Despite looking so bright in the pan, Angelika doesn't look garish or tacky on me at all. In the pan it appears a very bright medium cotton candy pink with lots of fine silver flecks distributed throughout. On my skin you can hardly see the shimmer at all, it simply leaves a gorgeous dolly pink flush on my cheeks that looks ridiculously pretty. Infact, I would say it looks rather...natural! Lasts throughout the day with minimal fading, no irritation to my sensitive skin. I really do like this blush. I just really wish it wasn't so pricey!

on 1/3/2011 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I don't know what I was thinking when I picked this up! I tried it at Sephora and it looked good, but when I wore it to go out today, it just looked totally wrong. This is very lovely bubblegum pink color that appears to be perfect for the doll cheeks look. However, I think it's more suited for fairer skin tones. It appeared a bit chalky on my NW 50 skin and wasn't as pigmented as other Nars blushes I have (Taos, Torrid, and Gina). Plus the silver micro-glitter made me look like I was going to a circus! I really wanted to like this, but it just doesn't work for me so I'm returning it.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I swatched this at Sephora today. It's alot cooler toned and brighter than I imagined. I'm glad I swatched before ordering. If anything, I'd get desire over this. I'll have to see how this looks on my face, as I only swatched on my hand. The shimmer and pigment are beautiful, as to be expected with Nars, but I'm just not sure the color would work on me. I would have to apply it very very lightly

*3/28.11: tried this on at Sephora this weekend,and it's okay. It's a nice pink blush, but it didn't stand out to me in anyway. I'm going to try Desire and see how that looks.

on 12/22/2010 11:32:00 PM

If u look at this blush in a case u will think yikes it has too much pink in it,,but in reality it looks great on ur skin... I have an olive tone skin and I really love it on me.

on 12/16/2010 8:05:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Angelika is my go-to pink blush.
I'm more of a peachy-pink blush fan. I've found a lot of pink blushes are hard for me to wear. MAC's Dollymix looks gorgeous in the pan but the shade really does nothing for me on my skin. It looks like I've been slapped. I own a few brighter pinks but I prefer a more toned-down blush.
Angelika is just right. It's obviously pink but it doesn't make me look as if I've been slapped or I've got sunburn.
MAC's 188 is my brush of choice for blush. It tends to lose a lot of the sparkle that Angelika has. No big deal, I can add a little more if I want more sparkle.
Great pigmentation. Looks just as it does in the pan. It also stays on really well. Far better than my MAC blushes do.
Packaging is standard Nars. Decently-sized rubbery case with an okay mirror in the lid.
I would definitely repurchase but it may take me a while to do so. I've had this for some time now & there's barely a dent in it.

on 12/16/2010 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I've had this product for a while and I totally love this blush. It's a perfect bubble gum pink with silver glitter. The glitter looks intimidating in the pan but it hardly shows up once on. It's such a beautiful color. I use it constantly but I haven't even made a dent. It still looks new, but then I don't really apply blush intensely, mostly just for a bit of a natural flush. Nevertheless, I love this blush. go get it! Its a pretty cool-toned blush but I'm warm-toned with yellow undertones and it looks good. The pigmentation is incredible: One swipe on my brush and there's so much product. It doesn't go on chalky either. The staying power is pretty good. So, my last words on this blush is: go get it!

on 10/20/2010 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this in a swap, yay! This is a really pretty cotton candy pink. It has lots of glitter but if you tap off the brush it pretty much goes away. You need to use a light hand or else you will look like a clown. I can't give it a 5 for rating because it would be better if it didn't have so much glitter. I won't buy it again because I think there are plenty of dupes!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love this blush! It looks so nice and doll-like on fair skin when applied lightly to the apples. I had bought Orgasm at first, but it just didn't look right on my skin, so I returned it for Angelika. I dropped it after a few weeks and broke a bit off the hinge, but it still closes just fine. This looks nice with Hello Kitty for Mac lip conditioner in Pink Fish.

Top Rated NARS Products