November 27, 2014 | 1518 users online

Scrubs - Beyond Belief - Alpha Beta Hydroxy Deep Pore Scrub

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2006 11:38:00 AM More reviews by nnmca

This is a great scrub at a very low price! Thanks MUA for yet another great, cheap discovery. The Beyond Belief ABH scrub comes in a stand-up tube and consists of a white paste with lots of tiny scrubby particles. The ingredients list says they are polyethylene beads, but they do a much better job of scrubbing than most similar scrubs, without being harsh or irritating. This scrub has a mild licorice/anise fragrance, which I actually like, despite HATING black licorice! It is also very cheap at Sally's (only $5.50 full price and often on sale). My mom was looking for a replacement for her discontinued Brasivol pumice scrub, and was using a Murad scrub that costs $30 - I gave her a tube of this, and will update when she decides how she likes it! For reference, I have very oily, blemish-prone skin, and she has normal skin with sun damage and dullness.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2006 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Jamyra

This is a great scrub. One of the best I have ever used. It is very gentle yet highly effective. It goes great with the other Beyond Belief products. Go to your nearest Sally Beauty Supply Store. You won't be disappointed. UPDATE: All the Beyond Belief products caused horrible breakouts. The worst breakouts I have ever had in my life. I have finally found something that works: Aquaglycolic.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2006 11:37:00 PM More reviews by BeautifElle

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After experiencing some pore clogging, I researched scrubs on MUA. I am so glad I found this one! No fragrance, both AHA and BHA, and it really works! I have noticed an improvement in my face. No more clogged pores! Also, very inexpensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2006 10:10:00 PM More reviews by marbles528

After using for a couple weeks, I must say I was initially disappointed, as I didn't think I was seeing any real difference after using the scrub every day. Then I left for home to finish prepping for my wedding and honeymoon and left my scrub behind. Lo and behold, within a few days, I began to notice my skin felt less than stellar. I asked my DH to bring it with him, and was I ever glad to see it when I finally saw him again! This does indeed go a long way towards making my skin feel smoother and clean. I think it helps reduce the number of blackheads on my nose, though it hasn't helped the whiteheads on my chin much (the search continues). But it's pros are many. It can be bought at Sally's for $5.49, and is often on sale or can be gotten with other items in the line (just got the cleanser free with purchase!). The scrub is gentle enough to use every day, which I do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2006 2:32:00 PM More reviews by mmhilla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I also purchased this based on the reviews, but wanted to use it for a few weeks before I gave my 2 cents. This is a great scrub, as said below, the granules are just right, not to harsh but harsh enough to feel like its working. It's inexspensive and I don't really mind the black licorice smell as the minute I rinse its gone.My skin is pretty normal but I have freckles and spots from sun damage, and they are fading slightly.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2006 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Broken_Princess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is great! I have dark red acne marks on my cheeks and I was willing to pay $300 for professional facial peels, but then I found this stuff. I got it at Salley Beauty Supply for around $5.00. I use this every morning in the shower as a kinda mask/scrub thing. I leave it on my face while I shave and shampoo my hair then I gently massage it in cirlces then remove it. The beads are very gentle and small unlike St. Ives, which really hurt my sensitive skin. I've been using this for about a month now and it has really lightened my acne marks and made my face more bright, glowy and smooth. I will definately repurchase and probably try out the other products in this line. Oh and for reference my skin is normal/dry and acne prone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2006 9:40:00 AM More reviews by krissmass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this after reading the reviews and I have to agree -- this stuff is really great! And inexpensive. It's one of the best scrubs I've ever used (and I've used MANY) but all of them were either too harsh, too lame, too sticky, soapy, greasy, goopy, smelly, or whatever. This is light and softly creamy, with perfectly-sized granules. I actually really like the "licorice" or light anise scent (from fennel oil). I feel it left my skin smooth and clean but not irritated or dry. Again, thanks MUA reviewers!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2006 2:18:00 AM More reviews by paconi

i really like this product. i think it's helping my skin clear up. i wonder if their cleanser and moisterizer are as good as the scrub...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2006 8:12:00 PM More reviews by AmyFehr157

Never thought I'd fall in LOVE with a product like this! I usually am not loyal to anything, always thinking something can do it better (or make me look better at least!) but I will never use another facial scrub again! I LOVE this scrub!! It's got JUST the perfect amount of exfoliating beads that are just rough enough that it feels like they're actually doing something, but not too rough that you feel like you're sandpapering your face off. AND, it has some great Alpha- and Beta-Hydroxy acids in it! I use it as an almost-mask in the shower. I'll shampoo in the steamy water to loosen & open my pores, rub on the scrub and let it sit for the rest of my shower (shaving, ya know) to let the hydroxy acids get a little more face-time to get to work, and then re-rub before rinsing off. It's amazing! My skin is baby smooth, refined, and with much less break-outs. Also definately helping reduce my horrible scars from being an obsessive skin-picker! Great scrub! HG for me for sure (and I seriously can't think of any other HG products for me).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2005 10:32:00 AM More reviews by kimmer28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a Beyond Belief fan! First, I tried the moisturizer (LOVE IT!), now this pore scrub is rocking my world. What a great line of products. My face has not looked this good, since I can't remember when. I use this in the a.m. and in the p.m. (folllowing the foaming cleanser). The smell is a bit like licorice, but not too extreme. The price .... $4.99!!! Holy smokes, Batman, we have a winner.