The Body Shop Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Coco-Glucoside, Carbomer, Algae Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 6/14/2011 10:16:00 PM

Does this remove my eye make up? Yes.
Does it do so efficiently? No.
Is it gentle, as it claims to be? Definitely not.

on 3/23/2011 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This is my favorite eye makeup remover because it takes all my eye makeup and doesn't irritate it or leave it feeling dry. The chaomomile helps to condition the eye so it feels nice afterwards. Its a bit pricey compared to drugstore eyemakeup removers being around ~$14-15 but one bottle lasts a very long time, and you rarely need alot of product to get rid of your eye makeup. TBS is always having some kind of sale so its easy to pick this up for much cheaper. (I bought this as a B2G1 free =) The packaging comes in a plastic bottle with a snap top. I remember they used to have this in gel form, but they reformulated it to a lotion which I'm not fond of so I use the liquid instead.

on 3/14/2011 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I just bought this make-up remover during a promotion at TBS this weekend. I'm glad I only purchsed the trial size and it only cost me $2. I like that it is gentle on the eyes BUT it does nothing to remove waterproof mascara.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this remover after not using it for years, and it is much worse then I remember. It works OK for regular make-up, but does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for waterproof. A huge disappointment!! Back on the hunt...

on 3/3/2011 12:02:00 PM

I have very splitted feelings for this product. It says on the bottle that it's great for sensitive which I don't believe in. I like the idea of the soothing chamomile, but to me it seems more harsh than soothing. It stings a lot when it gets in the eyes and makes a strange foam on the cotton pad. Also it contains benzyl alcohol which can cause eye irritations and with that said it doesn't make any sense to put in an eye makeup remover to me. The big variety of parabens added doesn't make me happy either.
With all that said it actually removes my eye makeup efficient and I fortunately haven't felt any eye irritations yet. But I wouldn't but this again and my hunt on a great organic and gentle eye makeup remover goes on.

on 2/28/2011 8:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I adore this stuff! No, it doesn't work well to remove waterproof mascara, but it will erase everything else. It never stings my eyes, and sometimes I use it all over my face as a general makeup remover. It works wonderfully. My face and eyes never feel dry or tight after I use it. I've had trouble with nearly every other type of remover stinging my eyes or leaving a film, but not this one. I keep buying it as soon as I run out.

on 2/9/2011 12:37:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Its an okay remover..it doesn't do a great job in removing all my eye make up though, it takes two cotton pads/4 squirts to remove it all -- there are times I can still see remnants of mascara while I cleanse. However, I've never experienced any stinging or irritation. It does not have a strong chemical scent which I also like. I bought this during a sale a few weeks ago and got it for $12..After reading all the irritation complaints, I'll be on the look out for these symptoms and edit my review..I wouldn't repurchase though because it doesn't remove as effectively as it should.

on 1/6/2011 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm happy I did not purchase this and got this during the bag for life campaign. This is defenitly not for sensitive skin or the eye area period. It leaves my skin red and stings a bit. It does do the job but you do have to sacrifice comfort. It gets three stars just because it removed my makeup. But other than that it wouldnt be such a high rating.

stl

on 1/5/2011 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It does sting a bit, not really for sensitive skin. For this price, I'd rather buy L'Oreal.

on 1/3/2011 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Let me say first that I am a Body Shop addict-- their aloe skincare line is amazing and works wonderfully with my dry and sensitive skin. I received this product for free during their holiday gift promo this year and I am so incredibly happy I did not pay the $14.50 for it...here's why:

1) It is not "gentle" as it claims--it even mildly stings my eyes as I remove my makeup. For that reason alone I wouldn't repurchase.

2) It does a terrible job at removing my makeup! I don't even use waterproof mascara or liner so I really have no idea why it doesn't work. It always leaves me with raccoon eyes, not a good look.

3) This thing is LOADED with parabens, those are carcinogens, guys! Four types which is pretty insane for a company that prides itself on being natural and "organic."

I'm sticking with Neutrogena- does the job, doesn't sting and is less than half the price.