April 18, 2014 | 1297 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Flying Fox Shower Gel

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2010 3:48:00 AM More reviews by hulakids

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

WOW....was the first thought that came to mind when I took a whiff of this shower gel that I received as a sample. You can definitely smell the JASMINE....
Since I like the smell of fresh jasmine in the garden, I was willing to give this a try, even though the jasmine scent was on the STRONG side.
Well I used some on my hands and UGH and GAG for me!!! It now smelled liked a concentrated moth ball wash and a scent from another generation... For me it was to the point of being nauseating.....My reaction was so that strong that made me run to my computer so I could post a review to forewarn those who prefer a subtle and light scent to stay clear of this gel.
Even after I washed my hands I can still smell it and will need to wash them again once I finish this review.
Pros:
Has a strong jasmine/floral scent..(if you like that kind of smell)
Bottle packaging, easy for use
Little goes a long way in terms of scent
LUSH takes returns...
Cons:
TOO strong of a scent (if you don't like strong scents)
Bottle packaging not as eco-friendly as naked
Expensive at $9.95 for 3.3 oz or $26.95 for 16.9 oz.
Contains SLS and parabens

I would strongly suggest going to a store to try it out or get a sample. Smells are very personal....not a repurchase for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2010 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Ollyli

This was a weird one for me, I didn't like it at first but after some time the scent has really grown on me. I dont use it everyday just occasionally. I crave for the scent every now and then :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2010 12:03:00 PM More reviews by ellenmarie1959

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The fragrance really turned me off. As a shower gel, it's okay.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by pooni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

i just love it .........best shower gel i have evr used ..it helps me to lift my mood or to calm me down after a hectic day..great smell .....if u r moody like me just get it ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Beccyforbas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite shower gel. i have extremely senstive skin and suffer from psoriasis and am very hesitant to use anything other then cetaphil. Flying fox suprisingly help clear my skin up a bit and the smell is absolutley amazing. I will keep buying this product forever!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2010 9:40:00 AM More reviews by fashionshowatlunch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The Good

1. Smells Nice: With flying fox, you either like or hate the smell. I find it depends on my mood. Some days I love the smell, and others Iím not a fan. It smells a lot like jasmine and honey, the two leading ingredients and these are two scents that you either appreciate or donít like.

2. Soothing: Flying fox is a great after work or before bed shower gel. It is very soothing and calming, putting you in a sensual and dreamy mood. Itís a great product to relax with.

3. Softening: Perhaps itís all the honey and ylang ylang oil in this shower gel, but flying fox is skin softening. Itís not a dramatic change but my skin did feel softer after I used it.

4. Rich lather: We donít need the bubbles to get clean, but we like them and flying fox offers lots of bubbles. It seemed the more I used my sponge the more it bubbled. It also does a good job of giving a clean feeling. There was no unpleasant residue left on my skin after using this shower gel.

The Bad

Price: I found flying fox to be pricey. It sells for 29.95 Canadian for a 500ml bottle. This is not a big bottle for the price it sells for. Even though you donít need a lot, since it lathers well, I donít think itís a budget friendly option.

Smell: I know above I said it smells nice, and it does, but as I mentioned itís a smell that you either like or dislike and some days I leaned more towards the disliking side. The only upside is, like it or hate, the smell does not stay with you all day.

Flying fox is a luxurious shower gel in the way it makes you feel. Itís calming, soothing, and skin softening. For those reason I like it. If it wasnít on the pricey side, and have a sometimes odd smell, Iíd give it a five star rating, however in my books flying fox is a 3.5.

You can see the flying fox shower gel in this video

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by footballqueen07

Lathers really well and smells delicious. Not my #1 but it just fills the room with the lovely smell of LUSH jasmine, which just makes me happy! A lovely shower gel.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2010 7:02:00 PM More reviews by moooonmonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff is delicious. My biggest problem with a lot of shower gels is that they smell good in the shower but then the scent fades away quickly on the skin. Flying Fox lasts on my skin for hours after I shower. Smells super good & is not too overpowering. My new favorite shower gel, by far.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

love this shower gel. the smell reminds me of the godiva shampoo...which i love!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2010 11:35:00 AM More reviews by tinye

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my very favorite Lush shower gel. I love it so much I even use it as a shampoo occasionally, because the lovely jasmine scent stays in your hair all day. It smells strange in the bottle, I think it's the honey note. But when used I don't get any honey, just really really nice jasmine.