LUSH Flying Fox Shower Gel

3.7

on 11/24/2010 2:03:00 PM

Flying Fox shower gel is wicked if you like soft skin and jasmine. The scent is strong but I find it works to wake me up if I am showering in the morning and relax or calm me if I am showering at night. The scent truly stays on my skin for hours and hours lightly though (I am still able to wear perfume without smelling too strong). There is a large amount of Jasmine in Flying Fox which is an aphrodisiac, and is therefore great to use before a hot date, and the scent also works to calm PMS (for all the boys with girlfriends reading this). There are 5 types of honey in Flying Fox which work to leave you skin silky-smooth and moisturized after using it. The only reason why I gave it a rating of 4 is that, since the scent is very strong, there are times in which I skip over it in the shower and use something softer in scent. Other than that... Flying Fox is where it's at!

on 10/29/2010 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Eyes: Violet

I got a sample of this stuff from LUSH, and I seriously hope that never happens again. This stuff stinks something horrible, I had to take three extra showers to wash the smell off of me, and out of the bathroom, it was that strong. It also left my skin feeling extremely itchy, and I don't have allergies to any of the ingredients.
-TBB

on 10/22/2010 11:33:00 PM

Love! This is a beautiful scent. Cleans without stripping my skin. It's slightly pricey but I will definitely repurchase. The scent of this stays on my skin for a few hours post shower :)

on 9/25/2010 7:08:00 PM

I love this product so much that I've bought it for both my mother and my best friend.

I adore this & the first time I smelled it - I was less then impressed but I decided to give it another go after getting a feel for Lush.

What I mean by that is - a lot of the stuff smelled really overwhelming in the store but once I got it home into my shower, I fell in love and could really appreciate the smell after it melted into my skin.

I'm so glad I gave this another shot because it's just DELICIOUS.

That's the one word that comes to mind when I think of this just, delicious.

on 9/24/2010 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Like they say, you'll either love the scent or hate it. Personally, I'm in love with it. I realized that on LUSH's US website it's categorized as "relax into a restful mood after a warm shower" type of product but here it's marketed as it has an "aphrodisiac effect". Well I think I believe the latter more because jasmine, ylang ylang and honey all combined smell really sexy to me. I wouldn't call this scent as 'relaxing' at all. I was given this product as a free gift by Lush but I must tell you that this is one of their best products ever so I'll definitely repurchase when I'm out.

on 9/9/2010 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

You will need to love jasmine to use this gel - it's powerfully perfumed and not for the faint hearted! The jasmine scent is heady yet cool and tempered and given depth by a hint of green tea. There seems to be a little ylang ylang in there too, but not too much - a good thing as I find ylang ylang extremely sickly, but this gel is sensual and invigorating rather than overtly sweet.

Lathers well, even in our hard water area, and is gentle on the skin despite the concentration of essential oils it must take to produce this level of perfume, which lingers faintly on the skin. I only use the tiniest amount, and afterwards feel like I've been bathing in flowers.

on 6/7/2010 3:48:00 AM

WOW....was the first thought that came to mind when I took a whiff of this shower gel that I received as a sample. You can definitely smell the JASMINE....
Since I like the smell of fresh jasmine in the garden, I was willing to give this a try, even though the jasmine scent was on the STRONG side.
Well I used some on my hands and UGH and GAG for me!!! It now smelled liked a concentrated moth ball wash and a scent from another generation... For me it was to the point of being nauseating.....My reaction was so that strong that made me run to my computer so I could post a review to forewarn those who prefer a subtle and light scent to stay clear of this gel.
Even after I washed my hands I can still smell it and will need to wash them again once I finish this review.
Pros:
Has a strong jasmine/floral scent..(if you like that kind of smell)
Bottle packaging, easy for use
Little goes a long way in terms of scent
LUSH takes returns...
Cons:
TOO strong of a scent (if you don't like strong scents)
Bottle packaging not as eco-friendly as naked
Expensive at $9.95 for 3.3 oz or $26.95 for 16.9 oz.
Contains SLS and parabens

I would strongly suggest going to a store to try it out or get a sample. Smells are very personal....not a repurchase for me.

on 5/31/2010 12:44:00 PM

This was a weird one for me, I didn't like it at first but after some time the scent has really grown on me. I dont use it everyday just occasionally. I crave for the scent every now and then :)

The fragrance really turned me off. As a shower gel, it's okay.

on 3/26/2010 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

i just love it .........best shower gel i have evr used ..it helps me to lift my mood or to calm me down after a hectic day..great smell .....if u r moody like me just get it ;-)