The Body Shop Grape seed glossing serum

4.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Cyclopentasiloxane (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Dimethiconol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil (Skin Conditioner), Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Hair & Skin Conditioning Agent), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Parfum (Fragrance), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient

on 1/10/2010 12:29:00 AM

I love, love this stuff so much. It feels absolutely amazing on my hair, and the grape seed oil really makes it shine. I like how light weight it is, most serums weigh my fine hair down. I first tried it a few years ago, then my mom got a hold of my bottle and loved it but found it a tad expensive- and at $12 for 2oz, I have to agree that it's a bit overpriced.
The smoothing sensation is almost identical to Biosilk (which, if you buy the large bottle, is slightly cheaper than this serum) but Biosilk doesn't give nearly the shine that this product does.

on 1/5/2010 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was encouraged to try the Grapeseed Glossing Serum from The Body Shop by a fellow co-worker. I had noticed how shiny her hair was, and as my hair is on the dull side of the spectrum, I wanted to know her secret. I have long, wavy, fine & dry, brown hair and adding shine has always been a problem for me.

So I tried a sample of the GGS and absolutely fell in love with the product. The oil adds instant shine to my hair, and is dispensed in a simple, dime-sized drop. For me, since I have a wild mane of hair, it takes a few drops, yet, it makes my hair shiny and healthy looking. My hair is not left feeling greasy or too oily. I would definitely buy this product again.

on 3/22/2008 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this glossing serum ages ago but just recently started to use it as I am blow drying my hair more often now. I got a short cut about 2 months ago that looks best when blow dried and I had noticed that my hair was feeling dry and coarse. I dug out this product and started to apply 1.5 pumps to my chin length hair after towel drying. It has left my hair incredibly soft and silky feeling and shinier as well. I have not tried it on dry hair because it is packaged as a pump, so the product comes out as a dime sized drop and I am worried about it looking greasy, but worked through damp hair it works very well.

on 3/10/2008 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I like this serum as I have fine hair and it is not as greasy as many other serums. Whats more, it contains natural oils in it not only silicons that other serums do - so it doesnt only make your hair glossy when you apply it, it also makes it healthier. The smell is really pleasant although i usually dont like citrusy smells.

on 2/17/2008 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The nature of this serum makes it hard to spread evenly. The point at which the serum first makes contact with your hair will give it tendency to look greasy. A little goes a long way, but of course this makes it easy to overdo. This did soften my hair, and gave it shine, but I did not love the smell :(

I haven't tried many (well, actually this is my first serum), so I can't compare, will update later when I have. But I would not say this has HG potential.

on 2/9/2008 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i love this serum! it makes my hair look glossy and healthy! =)

on 1/29/2008 3:48:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this is a great product that works wonders on my long color treated/damaged hair, it controls frizz effectively and leaves my long, wavy hair looking smoother, glossier and smelling absolutely divine (like luscious grapes)!!
my scalp tends to get oily so I only rub this serum on the outer layer of my hair, and especially on the ends. the ppl around me can't seem to get their noses off my hair after I've rubbed this on, LOL! the effects of the serum and the scent also stays on your hair for hours...will keep repurchasing this and I hope they never discontinue this marvelous product. this product also lasts, because you don't need to use too much of it, mine lasted me for a little less than a year....i also hardly use any styling products on my hair, I hardly even use a hair dryer...it's just shampoo, conditioner, some natural air drying, and this baby right here.

on 1/24/2008 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

love the smell.
non greasy once applied.
makes my hair smooth n soft, and less frizzy.
hair also tangles much lesser.
a must buy during their sales!

on 1/18/2008 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I've only used this a few days now but I think it's made my hair better. It seems to control the frizz and my hair feels softer. And it's not greasy either. I quite like it.

on 10/30/2007 12:54:00 PM

This is hands down one of my favorite products. I bought three bottles of it last time I was in The Body Shop. It doesn't just de-frizz and add shine to my thin, fine hair, it nourishes it as well. My hair soaks it right up. It doesn't leave my hair looking greasy at all.... just soft and shiny! And I LOVE the fragrance (i'm sure there's Bergamot in there)

Top Rated The Body Shop Products