Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/3/2015 3:14:00 AM

Fairly average eye primer, I got the free mini size with my Naked Palette, it is not a WOW product which really stands out, nor is it bad. It does make my eye shadows last longer, however, I have come across cheaper drug store alternatives which work just as good, with a much better price (e.g. Milani eye primer!)

Overall, I will not repurchase, but you can't go wrong if you do.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is one of my top sellers so had to give it a go! I only use it if I am going out for a night out or meal ect not everyday. It covers any redness on your eye lids and sets quickly. My eyeshadow is very smooth and stays put all day after applying. The sizes are very good and great value for a urban decay product. It's just faultless!

on 12/31/2014 2:23:00 PM

I love the UDPP. I've used this primer for 5 years now and never had any complaints other than after about a year the primer gets very dry and you have to repurchase it again.... I also only like the original primer potion because the shimmer ones tend to not let pigmented eye shadow stay on as well as the original. This product is definitely very reliable and worth the money for what you get!!

on 12/30/2014 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love Urban Decay Primer Potion. I've been using it for years, and using it on my clients.
A little bit goes a long way, so if you put too much, your eye shadow will crease, and if you don't put enough, it can crease as well. I like to put a dab on my finger and smooth it on my very oily eye lids (I wipe my eye lids with toner before applying), so it feels like i have a light sheet of it on. I use it just about everyday and i would still buy more.. even though it is VERY expensive.
You can cut a lot of corners with makeup, but I will always pay top dollar for my eye primer, so that my cheaper eye shadows last ALL DAY. YAAY! It works GREAT!

on 12/29/2014 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have tried a lot of different eye primers, but this one is the best so far. I usually have oily lids and i do have combination/sensitive skin and this works for me. I always use a lot of eye liner and it tends to smudge all over the place. But whenever i use this product, it never fails me, unless i rub my eyes accidentally of course :)

on 12/25/2014 9:24:00 PM

I love it. A lot of beauty people recommend it to other people. I will say it does cost a lot of money. But just think it would be or will be worth it wen you get it and try it. But I know I said I love this product. But I would not go out and buy it right away if I ran out. But I would if i had the money. So yes/no

on 12/19/2014 4:47:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

Love this primer, it keeps my eye makeup staying in place all night.

on 12/14/2014 9:21:00 PM

I really love this stuff, I think I am going to go back to it after I run out of all of my current eye primers. I wore this for a night club outing one time (atmosphere is hot, sweaty, etc.) I went to bed that night and woke up the next morning with my makeup still intact on my eyes. I couldn't believe it, lol. I was also really glad when they re-vamped the packaging as the old bottle with the sponge brush made it impossible to get any of the left over product out.

on 12/14/2014 1:48:00 PM

I am not impressed my eye shadow does not last any longer when I use this product. I will not buy again.

on 12/12/2014 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've yet to find anything better.

I've tried BE's primer, NARS's primer, Two Face Shadow Insurance and MAC Paint Pots. So far UDPP beats them all. Makes my shadows laster longer and look better. Has a good texture and is easy to work with. Doesn't muck up the e/s texture (at least not moreso than any others I've tried).

Video Reviews & Tutorials