Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/25/2015 4:26:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a brilliant primer. The little tube lasts for ages and the primer works fantastically. It makes my eye shadows and eyeliner stay put all day. However, by the end of a really, really long day, a small amount of my eyeshadow sometimes ends up in my crease. I have oily eyelids though, so I can't blame the primer. The primer has a light, neutral colour, so when you spread it on your eyelids, it sinks in and looks natural. It does spread fairly easily. Beware of using too much though, because then it shows that you have it on and it's not pretty.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is way too thick and dry, making it really difficult to apply unto the eye lids without leaving white/yellowish streak marks across your eye lids. As I don't use eye shadow everyday, the product seem to dry out after a few months, making it hard to even squeeze out the product

However, the staying power of my eyeshadow dramatically improved, especially since my eye lids are towards the oilier side.

on 5/20/2015 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This primer is way too thick.
It is too tacky and thick. which makes blending very difficult/impossible
It builds up and clings to corners/creases/stray eyebrow hairs etc
I get these problems no matter how much/little I use

too thick for the eye area!

I much prefer TFSI

on 5/18/2015 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I use this on my under eyes before my concealer. It's literally the only thing I've ever tried that prevented creasing. I use a light dusting of mineral powder to set it and it's perfect all day long. Everyone who has problems with concealer creasing under their eyes should try this out and see if it helps them.

on 5/13/2015 4:50:00 PM

Love this stuff it's amazing. Doesn't worsk as well on oily lids but keeps my makeup on all day without creasing. I'm a dog groomer so my face is constantly getting wet from bathing and if I want to go out after work I hardly ever have to retouch my eye makeup. Also makes shadows much more vibrant and intense. Must have product.

on 5/13/2015 8:08:00 AM

This primer didn't work well on my eyelids. I have very oily eyelids and my eyeshadow creased before lunch time with this primer under. And it contains bismuth oxychloride which act as an itching powder on me, it was ok to use for a cuple of days but suddenly after about a week of daily use it started to itch. If I had checked the ingredients on this one before purchase I wouldn't have bought it.

on 5/13/2015 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have VERY oily lids. This stays put for a long time. I use MAC fluidliner and Diorshow Art Pen alternatively and use this primer as a base, works really well so far. Do note that I have oily lids and I live in the middle east, gets quite humid out here! It's a lot of product which you can only use within 6 months after opening.

on 5/12/2015 11:57:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I used to have extremely oily lids when I was younger and with this underneath my shadows they wouldn't even budge! My lids are drier now but this is still my favorite primer. It keeps shadows in place and also helps with color payoff, too.

on 5/12/2015 1:46:00 AM

This is a great eyeshadow primer for my super oily lids. Did not cause irritation milia or clog the eyelids. The primer helps eyeshadow adhere better but does not intensify the color. The packaging is horrible the one that comes in a squeeze tube.The entire top of the plastic got soft and snapped off. The tube is soft waxy matte plastic not the harder plastic so after a while the tub becomes soft.

on 5/8/2015 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Cute packaging, and I've heard so many great things, but I haven't noticed a huge difference in longevity of my makeup when I use it. I tend to use light makeup, but I DIYd my makeup for my wedding (basically a 12 hour active day) using this primer, and it didn't seem any different than the everyday makeup I wear to work or whatever.

Video Reviews & Tutorials