July 29, 2014 | 1493 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Seanik

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by kels94

This was the first shampoo bar I have tried, and I absolutely adore it! The smell is wonderful to me, it reminds me of the ocean. I use it everyday and my hair has much more shine to it, and I have noticed it is a lot easier to work with. I love how the solid shampoo bars have no packaging, it makes me feel like I am helping the environment. My only problem with this shampoo is that you supposedly are only supposed to use 2-3 swipes across your hair, and it is supposed to last 80+ times. I have longer thicker hair, so I do have to use more than that to get a good lather going. Other than that, I love this shampoo and most likely will be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by mokonatoki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was going on vacation so I decided to buy one of Lush's solid shampoos to take with me. At first I didn't think that one bar would be enough because it looked very tiny. However, the sale associate assured me that one bar would last up to 3 months (depending on the thickness and length of your hair).

For me, I found that the first time I used it, it didn't lather as well and I was fairly disappointed. However, when I continued using it, I did find that the shampoo did lather quite a bit despite how little I put in my hair. I've been using the product for a month now and it's only gotten slightly smaller since the first day that I bought it. For $10 CAD, I think it's definitely worth it.

The seanik shampoo bar smells like the ocean and there are chunks of seaweed in it. You have to really wash your hair throughly or you might have some bits of seaweed stuck in your hair afterwards.

It doesn't moisurize your hair so if you have dry hair, I wouldn't recommend this product because it does make your hair feel dry. I found that I had to lather conditioner on just to balance it out a bit. But for dry hair, I liked using the Godiva shampoo bar which is definitely more moisturizing.

I put my shampoo bar in one of the Lush tins ($3.45 CAD) and it's a little difficult to open when you're in the shower but it does keep your shampoo from melting away while you shower. Though, if you had a regular tin at home, that would suffice as well.

I would definitely repurchase this shampoo because it smells good and it makes my hair feel really clean.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2011 5:40:00 AM More reviews by matchbokz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i really love the solid shampoo concept. This seanik smells really nice, it gives lots of bubble and makes my hair so clean. But I have to use conditioner every time after this, otherwise my hair would be too dry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by albs

LUSH's solid shampoos are my favorite. I love how easy they are to travel with, how well they lather and how little you need. This one smells beautiful, adds lots of shine and even a little body to my fine, straight but abundant hair. I've repurchased many times.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Asymetry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was one of the very first products I bought from Lush and let me tell you, this is one of the best shampoos I have ever used. It lathers so well that all i need is a few swipes of this bar to lather all my hair (and i have lots of it). One of the reasons I bought this product was because it was cruelty free and all natural. Plus it smells so good. The only downside this product had was the tin packaging. The tin looks nice but it was always a struggle to remove the bar from it. So i ended up buying a small plastic container to store it in. Now i have no problems. I recommend this product to everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by joeyanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This is the first shampoo bar I've tried from LUSH. I overall like the shampoo bar form--it's easy and convenient to use when I shower at the gym. The little tin packaging thing they give you mostly works, but sometimes the bar gets moist and gets stuck. You have to be vigilant about pulling it out in between uses to prevent this from happening, otherwise, you end up standing in the shower for a long time trying to use it!

It contains sulfates (which might be a con for some), but it lathers up very nicely! It's a very clarifying and volumizing shampoo, which is fine for my hair type. But I don't think I would use this much during the winter when my hair is much drier. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 8:35:00 AM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really wanted to try LUSH soild shampoos. They seem like such a brilliant idea! I was torn between Seanik and Godiva, but in the end plumped for Seanik. When I first tried it out I was surprised how much it lathered, my whole head was consumed by foam! I made a mental note not to rub it in so much... It left my hair weirdly squeaky, and rather wiry to the touch. I had bought Jungle solid conditioner at the same time, and I don't know whether it's because I haven't got the knack for using it yet, but it didn't seem to do an awful lot, if anything on my thick, wavy hair. My hair was left a little on the knotty side, and it was rather hard to brush. When dried, it wasn't as 'dry' looking as I'd feared, but there was still much to be desired. On the plus side it left my hair smelling lovely, and my waves were defined, if a little poofy in places. I've continued using it along with a normal, liquid conditioner and it does a good job of clarifying, but it's not a shampoo that I could use every time I wash my hair. Overall, I don't think I'd buy it again, but I'll be sure to use it up.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2010 3:24:00 PM More reviews by StarlitReprise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted to love this because the smell is really, really wonderful. I also like the concept of the seaweed in the pretty blue bar, which I know isn't really important, but it is an appealing shampoo bar visually. Since I have fine hair I was drawn to the fact that it was meant to give you some volume and the first time I used it I was really impressed. My hair felt squeaky clean and after it dried it was soft and appeared much thicker. I thought I had found a winning product, but after using this ( followed after by Veganese conditioner ) for about two weeks my hair had lost A LOT of moisture! The ends were really fried and my hair had a lot of fly away strands due to the dryness as well. That was a deal breaker for me. I won't be using this again, as I'm now looking for a sodium lauryl sulfate free shampoo and conditioner instead, but I'd reccomend a good conditioner to go with this. I found the Veganese didn't add enough moisture back to compensate for the way Seanik strips your hair.

Price: $10 CAN ( Sort of pricey )

~OVERALL~
PROS- really great smell, conveinent bar form, very cleansing, adds obvious volume
CONS- very drying over a short time, contains sodium lauryl sulfate

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Blackrosesyellow

I used to be a hair product junkie and would use a lot of products in my hair, and because of all the styling would become "dry" at the tips, then I would over moisturize, causing scalp irritation, and it was all a vicious cycle. After getting my hair cut I decided to cut down to just a really cleansing shampoo and light conditioner. (LUSH Veganese.) That is where Seanik comes in. It is a gorgeous blue freshly-perfumed bar (although after being trapped, wet, in the container for a while the seaweed makes it start to smell fishy) that has nori seaweed and sea salt and lathers amazingly and cleans without giving me that squeaky clean stripped feeling. My scalp irritation is gone, my hair is smoother and softer than ever. My hair is much more manageable and healthy now. I will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Liosliath

Lathers wonderfully, surprising since it's a bar. Great smell, makes my hair shiny and soft - have gotten lots of compliments from colleagues, and even my hairstylist asked me what I was using!

I put a 5 for the packaging since I pick it up at a Lush outlet, and they just put it in a little recyclable bag - awesome. A little bit expensive, but lasts quite a while.