LUSH Seanik

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Irish Moss Gel (Chondrus crispus), Perfume, Nori Seaweed (Algae), Fine Sea Salt, Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Mimosa Absolute (Acacia decurrens), Orange Blossom Absolute (Citrus aurantium amara), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum), Cocamide DEA, *Limonene, Colour 42045 *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 9/10/2012 1:11:00 PM

I bought this product because it smells nice (herbal/sea smell) and it's supposed to be good for volume. The first few times I used the product I loved it. It's fun to use and it smells great. However, even after using it in between with other products, my hair became very dry. My split ends were more noticeable. This product might be great for people with oily hair but my hair tends to be dry already and this product made it much worse.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I really did not like this shampoo. I have quite thin hair with barely any volume with dry ends and oily roots/scalp. I normally really like the lush shampoo bars but this one just didn't do it for me. It was supposed to add volume which this definitely didn't and it also made my roots get greasy after literally 2 hours. I won't be repurchasing this bar which is really annoying as I love the colour of it and the fact that it's 'ocean inspired'.

on 8/10/2012 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've heard a lot of good things about lush so I decided to try some of their products. Seanik is probably my favorite shampoo from now on. It gave my limp and straight hair more body and bounce! The first time I tried this was at night time, so when I woke up the next day, my hair was amazingly full! Wow! I definitely recommend for anyone who has limp, straight, lifeless hair.

on 8/6/2012 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really like the effect the seniak shampoo bar has on my hair. Normally my hair is frizzy and uncontrollable. The seanik bar made my hair less frizzy and gave me huge curls, it also made my hair really soft and shiny. The only problem is after you've used it. I find the bar takes 2-4 hours to dry (when left in the sun) It is also quite difficult if you are having a shower. I end up rubbing it into my hands and then having to quickly take it out. Otherwise it's really good :)

on 7/30/2012 11:56:00 PM

I really like this shampoo bar. It's cleansing and has a pleasant smell to it. It is clarifying so I feel like my hair is lighter and its nice. It also lasts for an extremely long time!

on 7/25/2012 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This shampoo bar is so strange. When you first look at it you see it has pieces of grass in it. (Seaweed or something). I used this shampoo bar without conditioner, at first my hair dried and looked messy like I was just at the beach, almost frizzy. Soon after it looked huge! (as it is supposed to volumize hair). The next day my hair looked so shiny and healthy. Overall, I have no idea what my hair is going to do after I use this but I love the result and feel good using it! Yeah this bar does have sodium laurel sulfate, but some of the other ingridients in it are awsome and I actualy feel like I'm doing something good for my hair. Love it.

on 7/19/2012 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So like many of the consumers, I was very curious about Lush's solid shampoos and decided to get Seanik, since it was recommended to me by a Sale's Assistant there when I told her that my hair was a bit oily but not excessively.
This product claims to add shine and volume to your hair. It smells very ocean-y. Salty. I really like it! After a few uses it starts to smell a tad bit fishy though, because of the seaweed. But don't worry, the smell doesn't stay in your hair.
On my first wash, I was a bit unimpressed: After washing, the ends of my hair felt a bit rough, but nothing a good conditioner can't solve. The top of my head, however, felt squeaky clean, therefore I can tell you that this shampoo is VERY clarifying. So it's probably not a good idea to use it every time you wash your hair, I imagine that it will be quite drying. Use it only when you feel like your hair needs a very deep cleanse.
I let my hair airdry and it didn't do much in the volume department, whatsoever. My natural waves were still there. However my roots were pretty flat like they normally are.
On my second wash, I decided to blowdry my hair. I was very impressed with the amazing volume, shine and softness that it had given my hair. Only downside is that somehow my hair became straight and didn't have its natural waves.
All in all, I love the concept of this product and it will be of much use when I need a thorough cleanse, but I would not bring this travelling whatsoever because it would make my hair very dry. Using the product at this rate (aprox. once a week), I feel like it will last me a long time as my go-to clarifying shampoo, but I am not sure if I will repurchase.

on 7/2/2012 12:44:00 PM

I decided I would try out one of LUSH's solid shampoos just for fun, and I'm actually really glad I did. I talked to one of the people who works at LUSH and she told me that Seanik would probably be the best for my hair. When I used it the first time I thought it was super cool it only took a few strokes over your hair to get an awesome lather. Seanik makes my hair feel extremely clean, but it also doesn't detangle hair, so if you're someone with hair that gets tangled easily I would suggest using a conditioner afterwards to get out those tangles. The smell is nice, fresh and clean, and when my hair dries its beautiful! I have some natural waves and I think that Seanik really helps bring them out more, and my hair is also quite voluminous after it dries. This is a great product!

on 6/27/2012 11:25:00 AM

I used this a few years ago, and just picked up another bar about a month ago. Now I remember why I used to love this stuff so much! It makes my hair so shiny and voluminous. I don't even have to use conditioner with this if I don't want to. It foams up so easily and although I've had it for a month, the size isn't any smaller than when I purchased it. I have a Karma Komba to use after this one's gone, but then I'll be repurchasing Seanik (:

EDIT: I found that this really dries my hair. There are a ton of sulfate in it, which normally doesn't bother me, but this shampoo doesn't have enough moisturizers in it to combat the dryness of the sulfates. It caused my ends to look a ratty mess. I actually threw it out which is something I NEVER do since I refuse to waste products. This just stripped my hair too much and even caused my color to look gross. I actually had to cut my hair to chin length to get it healthy again after the damage of this shampoo. Never again! I'll stick with Cibu for my hair care needs.

on 6/25/2012 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Seanik is an excellent clarifying shampoo that is great at getting rid of build-up on the hair. It's also good at giving some body and does seem to lighten the hair a bit. In very humid climates this would work great but in dry climates I think this shampoo would be too drying, although excellent at removing build-up.

Top Rated LUSH Products