July 30, 2014 | 1455 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Fieeeh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love the idea of this brush, but I just never reach for it. I think it's too big for foundation, I like the 131 and 130 brushes much much better.
It's nice to lightly dust on powder though, but I think it's expensive for a brush for that purpose only. So it's mostly just sitting looking pretty in my brush holder :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 5:13:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

This is the perfect brush if you are always on the go... This was designed for backstage rush in mind...Just pour some foundation and swirl the brush in a circular motion on the color and apply. Its so easy. The bristles are so soft yet firm enough to pick up color.... Mine does not shed. It is expensive but consider this an investment. It lasts. You do need to wash often due to build up other than that this is a great buy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Hawko

I had this brush for at least 3-4 years, at the time it was the best of its kind, even at that ridiculous price. Now, with the Real Technique stippling (pink handle) brush. All my Mac's crap are in retirement, they are cheaply (poorly) made, but not the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Karolyte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First I would like to note that I am reviewing 187se brush. I like this brush a lot since it gives me this airbrushed look when using liquid foundation. It does not leave any streaks and applies the product very well, giving a decent coverage and not looking mask like at all. My only problem is that this brush sheds :( if not for that I would give is brush a 5/5 but for now it has to be 4/5. Do not get me wrong I still like it a lot and would buy it again because it does it's job very well and I do not mind picking one or two bristles of my face once I'm done :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by KaiJones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I do NOT use this brush to apply any foundation whatsoever. I never even looked at this brush as a foundation applicator. I use this brush with my mineral setting powder from MAC and its like magic. For light mineral powders, this brush carries the powder right into your skin as it should and leaves your skin with the right finish. It is a reliable brush for finishing. I have not and will not use it as a foundation applicator, powder or otherwise.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by hii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

First I would like to make it known that this is a review for the SE 187, the ones that come in the set around chrismas time. Yes I am aware the SE is of slightly lesser quality than the real one. However, this brush works perfectly fine for what I use it for. It has never shed on me, it washes well and it applies setting powder well (what I use is for mostly). I believe the bristles of the SE are looser and less dense than the original, which is why I wouldnt feel comfortable using it with anything except powder products. I fear it would be too hard to blend a liquid or cream with this. It applies a thin layer of setting powder beautifully and I have no problems with this brush. Yes of course I wish I had the real one, but I am not willing to spend $42 on it when this one works fine.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 5:47:00 AM More reviews by isabellahanley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this brush! It's my absolute staple face brush. It distributes liquid foundation flawlessly and uniformly every time. It blends my face products perfectly. I have a slight problem with shedding but apart from that, it's my perfect brush!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by cuteness97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love love love this brush!! This is deff one of my favorite brushes! Its super soft, great quality, and it applies my bronzer amazingly! I use this brush for my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, and it does a great job, and it applies it naturally and flawlessly. It does not shed which is a big plus. It is expensive, but its worth investing in it! You wont regret it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2013 3:56:00 AM More reviews by littlellamadrama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This make up brush is one of the first ones I own. I'm used to eco tools and elf brushes since I'm just a beginner in the world of make up. This was my only foundation brush and I was satisfied with the results. It made a nice finish with my Revlon Colorstay. Although, it could get streaky and you have to keep blending to get a smooth even finish. The shedding was annoying especially for an expensive brush but my stepmother told me that Mac brushes were worth investing on. So I let it be.

However, I bought an elf powder brush which is sort of like a flat top kabuki brush and realized it made a better finish with my foundation. And all for 3 dollars? It did a better job than my Mac 187 although it shed too, but I don't feel so bad that it does because of the price.

Eco tools also has a duo fibre brush, although I haven't used it for foundation, has never shed on me.

So all in all, I'm somewhat disappointed in the product when there are a lot of dupes out there that could provide a better finish or better quality and won't kill your wallet.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by BritJoi

I absolutely LOVE this brush. I'm getting more into foundation application now and paired this brush with the MAC Matchmaster and my makeup has never looked so natural (which I used to think was impossible to achieve with foundation!!). It's an airbrushed look and I just buff the foundation right into my skin and it's flawless. All my MAC brushes have lasted me 5+ years so I expect this one to do the same! It does shed a little but it's not too bothersome.