MAC #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

4.5

HAIRZ

on 7/28/2013 1:11:00 AM

This was the first high end makeup brush I ever bought. I absolutely love it! This is my HG foundation brush. It's great with liquid foundation (I use it with MUFHD) and is great for blending also! Even though it's $42, it can last you years if you clean it often and stay in great condition. Highly recommend it!

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

187!!!...and rightfully so because this brush absolutely MURDERS any liquid OR powder application! (and I mean that praisingly ya'll) Prior to purchasing my 187 I used either round or wedge latex sponges or standard powder puffs that typically accompany any pressed powder purchase, but found that my applications were often somewhat streaky or it took a lot of effort to blend to get smooth coverage. So, browsing in Macy's one day the MAC rep suggested this brush and I was skeptical at first because it was $50 but went ahead and bought it. Now, I wouldn't trade it for the world! It gives a beautiful airbrushed look without much effort...simply dip the brush into whatever product you're applying and use small circular motions to cover your face. PERFECTION! The bristles are very soft and I haven't had any shedding at all, and I've been using the brush now for about 4 months. As I mentioned earlier, it is a bit pricey but it also pays for itself because of its investment qualities...really nice, durable brush that gives relatively flawless application and doesn't shed which is usually indicative of a very long lasting product especially when it comes to makeup brushes. There are plenty of replicas on the market and some may be good to use, but if you don't mind splurging this is one product that deserves the plunge. I have an ELF small stipple brush that is commendable as well however as far as a large stippling face brush the MAC 187 is the way to go!
Officaillly stamped by ADRIENNE STARR!! GO GET IT!
~A. STARR

on 7/12/2013 1:30:00 PM

This is my first high end brush and also first stippling brush.. and all i can say is that I love this brush! I use it to apply liquid foundation and find that it does give me a better finish (blurring out the look of pores) than the ELF foundation brush that I have been using, I find that the brush is too big for bluff some areas such as the corners of the nose. I do notice that it does shed on my face as im using it (i just recently got it so maybe it would stop after a couple more uses?)

on 7/11/2013 8:53:00 PM

This is a really versatile brush. I've used it for foundations, powders, and pigmented blushes. However, it's not the best for cream products because it's not really stiff.

on 6/27/2013 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I have had the 187 brush for years and it serves a lot of purposes. One of the things its great at doing is applying products that are very bright or pigmented very lightly. I love MAC Fever blush but I apply it with the 187 because it applies is sheerly. It makes products look very translucent on the skin because it applies products lightly yet blends them out very well.
I recommend this blush or one like it for any makeup brush kit.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this brush , it works for applying foundation , bronzer and powder ! its multi use and great quality would recommend it !

on 5/25/2013 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Amazing multipurpose brush! I love this tool for applying liquid and cream foundations, as it gives an airbrushed look. It's also great for applying highly pigmented products. I highly recommend this brush!

on 5/25/2013 11:29:00 PM

Love this brush.

on 5/14/2013 9:16:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Life changing brush. I use this to apply my mac studio fix fluid foundation and it gives a flawless look and i think it makes my pores appear smaller

on 5/6/2013 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Absolutely love this brush! Its one of the bestest brushes I've ever purchased. I use everyday, for my foundation - its great for applying liquid foundation such as Mac Studio Fix Fluid, makes application quick and does not make foundation look cakey and it has that airbrush finish to it. I actually prefer this instead of a foundation brush as it does not require much effort to blend. The brush is expensive however, if taken care of properly can last several years - I've had mine since 2009, I still use it and its now 2013! A great buy as it can be used on other things such as applying blushers or even loose powders.

The only downside of the brush is a slight shedding but I guess that is something that happens with make up brushes. I highly recommend this brush specially for beginners!

Popular Makeup Brushes